Getting in shape. 85lbs down.

Congratulations to you and your wife! I have a lot of respect for the dedication and hard work you've put in. And bet it feels amazing!

Just thought I would update everyone, I hit 100lbs gone this weekend.

I really can't thank everyone who responded to this thread enough, your kindness is totally overwhelming.
I truly appreciate it.
Be safe, keep after it!
Pete

Unbelievable!!! What a life changing accomplishment. Congratulations on your success. Keep up the hard work!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wow! That is an amazing story. I'm sure it was full of ups and downs to get to this point. Talk about life changing though, I am seriously impressed!

Great job! I am now getting serious about dropping some lbs and being a much healthier person overall too. In some ways, hunting (or my motivation to be able to hunt) is a serious life saver. I am only 5'7" and had gotten upwards of 220 lbs after an out of town 9 week training course for my work. I haven't taken it very serious, but slowly dropped down to 205-210 and could mostly function. Last year, I began mountain biking and found that I loved it. Big benefit was that I felt better and had dropped some weight. But I still don't eat the way I need to and gained some weight again during this long miserable winter. This past week, I recommitted myself to be much more careful about what I put in my mouth. Still need a lot of work, but the resolve is much more intense now. With the weather turning, I can get on my bike outside and I have small gym in my basement. I have found that having someone to help motivate me is a key as well. My hunting buddy and I have committed to hold each other accountable and my 18 year old son (a body building stud of a young man) has committed to helping me learn how to do things the right way. I look forward to seeing how 2017 is for this almost 46 year old man.

FH

It's been a few years since the original post. Would be interested to see the progress over the last few years. Any updates?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Good effort!! I am 6' and had to make a change when I hit 270lbs. Kuiu didn't make any bigger sizes!. Your change is pretty incredible! I really don't care what I weigh but I do need to be able to hunt the mountains still! Take care.

Back