Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph

ID_Matt

WKR
I did get an email the afternoon of the 19th with the order number, but not a subsequent email with tracking. When I contacted them today, they were quick to reply to my initial inquiry to let me know that (per Garmin) they expect to receive more units between 10/25 and 11/15. There are a handful of people in front of me for the incoming units.
Just checked my tracking again and it shows it shipped and should be here thursday. Must have just barely slipped in!

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Just got the valid FedEx one upon inquiry. Will arrive Thursday. Figured something was up, Lancaster is a good company.

-J

fwafwow

WKR
Just got the valid FedEx one upon inquiry. Will arrive Thursday. Figured something was up, Lancaster is a good company.

-J
I figure they were overwhelmed and the inventory tracking didn't match the online sales portal/website thingy. Would have been cool though to have gotten a heads-up. It would have saved me some obsessing/tracking/manifesting time sucks. Well, it wouldn't have saved me any time, I just would have redirected that useless time/energy to some other waste of time.

I got an invalid GLS one as well, but then also got a FedEx one that is valid.
Good to know... my GLS number was not working... I'll ask them as well thanks

Edit: they already got back with FedEx tracking - great place to do business with!

Last edited:

Flyjunky

WKR
Is it possible to alternate between rifles/strings without creating a new series?

I like to bring multiple rifles to the range and alternate them after 3-5 shots to let the barrels cool. It would be nice to return to the previous rifle's velocity data and add more shots to that series.
One of my biggest pet peeves with the labradar!

parshal

WKR
Ran mine today alongside the BulletSeeker. The Magnetospeed won't fit this rifle since it can't fit around the large Without Warning brake.

I do remember the Magnetospeed reading 8-10 fps faster than the BS which puts the Xero right in line with the MS.

BulletSeekerXero
Avg 26682676
SD 8SD 7.9

Johnc427

Lil-Rokslider
Let me know if anyone can’t live without one. I ordered one online and wife ended up finding one in store in OR (We live in WA) so we didn’t have to pay sales taxes on it. Not trying to make any money on it, just want my money back. If no one wants it I’ll just return it. Shoot me a pm if so. $652.19 plus shipping

Edit: Sold

Last edited:

Dobermann

WKR
Nobody wants to wait and see if there are any bugs to work out?
I think the trick with Garmin is that they can push out small software updates, but they then do large jumps in performance with the different upgrades over time - the jump from the 401 to the 601, to the 801, for example, or the 701 to the 901.

I had a 401, which was fine for what it was (and better than the prior model), sold it when the 601 came out, had a hunch they'd upgrade, and they did within a couple of years. Held off on the 701 and now the 901 has far better battery life. Ditto for the InReach Mini vs the Mini 2. And so on.

So my guess is they'll go the same route with this - in 2-3 years, there'll likely be a far better version. Secondhand market for the C1 will be low, and most will want the new features.

We just have to decide in this context - and whether being the early adopter is worth it.

My guess is that most people will compare the C1 to having to lug around a Labradar, or borrow a buddies, and just get set up with something that's portable, affordable, and accurate ... and just go with it ... for now.

parshal

WKR
I'd also add to the above saying that Garmin does a lot of testing before sending something to the market. Area 419 has had one since July which is quite some time. As said above, I've upgraded nearly every Garmin item I've had when the new ones come out but haven't ever had to use a warranty or find bugs.

parshal

WKR
Ran the Garmin, MagnetoSpeed and BulletSeeker at the same time with five shots.

Average
SD
Shots in order

Attachments

• 3chronos.jpg
    3chronos.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 110