Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m loving mine. I wanted to get speeds on a load yesterday and didn’t want to spend a ton of time, I just wanted to get the speeds and go home. The range is about 5 minutes from my house so I just grabbed the rifle, 2 3rd mags loaded up and the garmin.

Set the garmin up, shot at a steel plate and had my speeds. Put it back in my truck and went home. It’s so nice not to have to mess with weird crap to get speeds.

Sled

WKR
I didn't update mine and missed multiple shots last time I was out. Unfortunately, the whole trip was about SD and different primers. I drove back to service and updated it for the last shots.

Moral of the story is to power it on and update the damn thing before you leave civilization or else it might not work. Other than that, it's been great.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I didn't update mine and missed multiple shots last time I was out. Unfortunately, the whole trip was about SD and different primers. I drove back to service and updated it for the last shots.

Moral of the story is to power it on and update the damn thing before you leave civilization or else it might not work. Other than that, it's been great.
How do you update it? Through the app?

I have about 80 rounds fired with no issues. Garmin really did a wonderful job on this product. My only suggestion so far is to include fields within the Shotview app to identify bullet type, powder charge, etc.

Sled

WKR
Mine just has and "update available" when I turn the unit on if there is one .

Yes, and I should have listened to it the first time. I got home and forgot to do it. My third session I only got a few 223 rounds off before it crapped out. I missed nearly all of my 270wsm i really wanted data on. Nothing worked until I drove back to service and updated while connected to the app.

jfvhpilot

FNG
I have been using the Garmin Chrony. It is a very easy set-up and works quite well, especially for a quick range trip to get some velocities. It is so simple, you can set it up in seconds. I now use it for all my range sessions.

I am going to order one of these next week. I have a Magneto Speed Sporter that is ok but doesn't mount to my barrel with a can and I'm not buying one of those contraptions. I also have a Pro Chrony and it's a pain to set up at a busy range.

All the reviews I've seen so far have been overwhelmingly positive and I've seen them at the range. Very convenient.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I am going to order one of these next week. I have a Magneto Speed Sporter that is ok but doesn't mount to my barrel with a can and I'm not buying one of those contraptions. I also have a Pro Chrony and it's a pain to set up at a busy range.

All the reviews I've seen so far have been overwhelmingly positive and I've seen them at the range. Very convenient.
It really is a convenient piece of gear. I love being able to just grab it and my rifle with a few rounds to go check loads I’m working on.

Sounds dumb but with the shooting range less than 5 minutes from my house, I’ve made several trips just driving over, shooting 5-6 rounds at a steel plate to get velocities then going home. It’s nice to get data right away rather than setting up a big clunky chronograph when other people are at the range.

It really is a convenient piece of gear. I love being able to just grab it and my rifle with a few rounds to go check loads I’m working on.

Sounds dumb but with the shooting range less than 5 minutes from my house, I’ve made several trips just driving over, shooting 5-6 rounds at a steel plate to get velocities then going home. It’s nice to get data right away rather than setting up a big clunky chronograph when other people are at the range.

Yep I think it will save a lot of time.

zetlock

FNG

You won't be disappointed. Very user friendly and it works. I've never dropped a shot with mine.