Gaiters

LFC911

WKR
Had the FL Brambler gaiters last year and were noisy and not 100% water proof. Sold them and bought a pair of Peax but haven't had a chance to try them yet.

geterdone

FNG
Kuiu Yukons have my vote, very durable and dry in snow/wet grass.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Geewhiz

WKR
I’ve used the badlands gaiter and one from rab. I wouldn’t recommend the badlands gaiter on account of its lack of durability. The one from rad seems pretty good so far. I am pretty sure it is the muztag. The only knock against the muztag is the lace loop but I don’t used it anyways. It hooks from under the lace. Neither one is particularly quiet but when I’m using them I’m usually going through snow or a swamp anyways so silence isn’t really possible
I have a pair of hillsound gaitors and they have the lace hook that hooks from the bottom as well. I could see how that would be annoying if you hunt in tons of brush, but that is one of my favorite features. It literally can’t come unhooked unlike the ones that hook from the top side come unhooked all the time.

Have used Kenetrek and Kuiu Yukon. Have about 3 years of use with both. Kenes are nice gaiters. That being said, Yukons are more waterproof and seem to be a tougher fabric. Would pick the Yukons every day of the week.

Man everyone loves kuiu… they seem good but also heavy. Just ordered outdoor research so will post a review when they arrive

Man everyone loves kuiu… they seem good but also heavy. Just ordered outdoor research so will post a review when they arrive
Can't argue with that. They are heavy. Weight to me seemed similar to the OR gaiters one of my hunting partners wears. The OR seem comparable to me to the Yukon from a fit and feel standpoint. Just haven't personally tried them.

I have the Kuiu Yukon and Kutana. Both have things I like more or less than the other.

The Kutana seem lighter and have a better top cinch. I could go either way on the lace hook and under strap.

The Yukons feel like you could kick a grizz in the face. They seemed loud at first but have quieted considerably with use.

Cmb8316

FNG
Anyone else have experience with the "Extremus" brand linked a few pages back? i like the idea of a bulletproof Gaiter, but in reality, my needs are only for wet tall grass and thorns for ~2-3 weeks during our "Upland season" here in southwestern NY.

If you have skinny legs/smaller calves, you might avoid the OR gaiters unless they have added a shock cord or similar to aid in cinching the top right. Also, I find them pretty loud.

The Yukons have worked better for me overall. I’d get them again.

AHAL

FNG
I somehow managed to break OR crocs while in a creekbed last year. Fantastic customer service but I think my next gaiter purchase will be he T and K gaiters. They look pretty interesting

Cmb8316

FNG
Impulse bought the FL pair during the "big sale". Will be trying them out for early goose and pheasants here in SWNY. So ill see how well they hold up.

Luked

WKR
I have the Sitka Stormfront and they worked well for me last year in CO in some really wet stuff and held up well and I never got any water in my boots.

yfarm

WKR
Have OR crocs and had exped crocs, both too noisy. Guide had me remove the regular crocs as he could hear me in the brush, swish swish. Bought Kings after my Wy guide said he gets 2 years out of a pr wearing every day for 4 months/ year. Happy with the product