Gaiters

I’m looking to buy leg gaiters for a mule deer hunt this fall. I’ve tried the skre gaiters because they were recently on sale but they were extremely loud, like obnoxiously loud. They sounded like I had bags of chips in my pockets every time I took a step! I know they’ve got to have some noise to them because of their purpose but what gaiters are y’all wearing for spot and stalk hunts?

rojocop

FNG
OR’s return policy is the best in the business. Just send them back again. Maybe it’s a design flaw they’re aware of, either way, you’ll get a new pair or store credit.

I don’t use gaiters anymore, I just take a shock cord and make a loop for under my boots. It’s simpler and does the trick.

Kuiu yukon have been the best I've used. Used to use the sitka thunderhead which were really quite but otherwise junk in my opinion. I hated the draw string on the top of the sitkas, they always slipped down and the seamed to absorb more moisture than they shed.

Glendine

Lil-Rokslider
Again go for KUIU there excellent lightweight, tough fabric and do not slip down.

Regards,
Glendine.

gtriple

WKR
I was very impressed with my hunting partners Peax gaiters compared to my FL Bramblers. I broke a button off the Bramblers during their first hunt. My next pair will be from Peax.

ahenry82

FNG
Another vote for kenetrek, they will hand you a brand new pair if they rip or stitching comes out no questions asked

Kuiu Yukons have worked great for me. I haven’t tried anything else. Haven’t needed to

Geewhiz

WKR
Had OR crocs for a while and really liked them. Then I bought a pair of hillsound armadillo gaitors and so far i like them even more. Time will tell on those.

Olympics777

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had the Kenetrek ones for awhile, they are better than nothing but I don’t love how they fit and they are cheaply made. I think I’m gonna order the stone glacier ones next.