First ROK Stock Poll

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Chose A because I like the spartan "gunsmith adapters" set flush in the stock for most hunting if I have the option to use it.
But B would certainly work also. I also don't love a squared, flat bottomed fore end for carrying in one hand when tracking etc, it just works my hand way more.
This, Voted A.

TheCougar

WKR
I’m going to be doing most of the work on the stock to get it out there so pretty excited to get it done.
I am still working my way through the posts, so forgive if this has been answered before.
- Is there an option for an adjustable cheek piece? -
- Mounting options for an arca rail forward of the mag well?
- offering both standard and magnum cartridge versions for Tikkas?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I am still working my way through the posts, so forgive if this has been answered before.
- Is there an option for an adjustable cheek piece? -

No, because the comb will be designed correctly and weight is a consideration.

- Mounting options for an arca rail forward of the mag well?

That will be up to the person installing it. It will not come with that.

- offering both standard and magnum cartridge versions for Tikkas?

They’re the same.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I think for the cheek riser option something like the titan risers(cheap, light, can add spacers) May be a great compromise. And can be aftermarket bolt on options if the top of the stock is made to mate with them.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I think for the cheek riser option something like the titan risers(cheap, light, can add spacers) May be a great compromise. And can be aftermarket bolt on options if the top of the stock is made to mate with them.

Unless someone is using a 56mm objective scope, or mounting high rings- it isn’t going to be necessary. The cheek line is going to be as high as possible while still being able to remove the bolt.

TheCougar

WKR
No, because the comb will be designed correctly and weight is a consideration.

That will be up to the person installing it. It will not come with that.

They’re the same.
The action is the same, but I believe the mag well is the difference, correct? The question stems from the KRG Bravo: “We do not offer a Tikka inlet that accepts long action (.300WM, .30-06, 7mm Rem Mag, etc...) magazines.”

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
The action is the same, but I believe the mag well is the difference, correct? The question stems from the KRG Bravo: “We do not offer a Tikka inlet that accepts long action (.300WM, .30-06, 7mm Rem Mag, etc...) magazines.”

No. The KRG uses AICS mags which are different lengths. Factory T3 mags are all the same length and use spacers inside to control the different rounds.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Is this being achieved by notching the front of the cheek piece?

No. It is being designed so that everything is optimized without weirdness such as notching the stock, scalloping, etc. The most almost anyone will be able to do is add a piece of suede or leather for an 1/8th inch height.

In any case, you don’t want a hard cheekweld as it can/will cause vertical and lateral shifts.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Stocks, like everything are a series of compromises. In general a stock specifically optimized for offhand shooting will be compromised for prone in some way. Same in reverse. So there is a balance that has to be achieved. For field shooting (western hunting) recoil control/muzzle control from prone/sitting/kneeling/standing are all important, with them listed in about the order of importance. So too is comfort carrying in hand, flexibility in compromised positions and rests, weight, etc.

There are multitudes of stocks available with flat foreneds, Arca/pic rails, adjustable cheek pieces, etc. There are no stocks for Tikka’s that take a normal sporting stock and optimizes the geometry and design for correct shooting and control.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
No. It is being designed so that everything is optimized without weirdness such as notching the stock, scalloping, etc. The most almost anyone will be able to do is add a piece of suede or leather for an 1/8th inch height.

In any case, you don’t want a hard cheekweld as it can/will cause vertical and lateral shifts.
I can't wait to see what you guys come up with. Tikkas are the only bolt guns I own, and I've tried a ton of different stocks. And it seems like everyone of them has something that just isn't quite right.

TxLite

WKR
I might’ve missed it but is there an estimated price point this is expected to hit at? Is the expectation for the Rok stock end up in a similar space as the VG2? Trying to decide how many I’m gonna need