First ROK Stock Poll

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
This going to have a forend that's flat to the bore? Add a fl arca rail? If this bad boy is under 32oz I'll probably have to try one for my Tikka.

Guess I’ll finally tag into this.

Apparently it will have whatever rails we make for it! Not sure on full length options for the stocks that have the scalloped end yet.

Ken

Guess I’ll finally tag into this.

Apparently it will have whatever rails we make for it! Not sure on full length options for the stocks that have the scalloped end yet.

Ken
I was kinda getting at forend plane and bore axis. Will they be paralell similar to say a lrh or pro hunter? Or will it be at an angle. Just curious, I shoot chassis a lot more than stock. Heavy rigs and also Hnt26 and element 4.0, I guess I'm just hoping for forend surface to be paralell to the bore.

I was kinda getting at forend plane and bore axis. Will they be paralell similar to say a lrh or pro hunter? Or will it be at an angle. Just curious, I shoot chassis a lot more than stock. Heavy rigs and also Hnt26 and element 4.0, I guess I'm just hoping for forend surface to be paralell to the bore.
Agreed. I think they discussed the toe line in the podcast as not being perfectly parallel to the bore line, but close. I know that Form has pointed out that the line of the forend being parallel is an important factor for him in stocks. So hopefully it’ll be parallel or really close to it.

Agreed. I think they discussed the toe line in the podcast as not being perfectly parallel to the bore line, but close. I know that Form has pointed out that the line of the forend being parallel is an important factor for him in stocks. So hopefully it’ll be parallel or really close to it.
Honestly the toe line on the Stocky’s VG isn’t that bad. It’s not parallel, but it’s not terrible.

Honestly the toe line on the Stocky’s VG isn’t that bad. It’s not parallel, but it’s not terrible.
Agreed. It’s better than the factory. I really like the VG Hunter, but think it can be improved with a shorter trigger reach and a few other tweaks.

I’ll say that I trust Ryan, Form, UM, and SRS to put something together that’s going to be better than most of what is available out there for Tikkas. I’m also sure that they won’t be able satisfy everyone’s want list. I’m just really glad they are willing to give it a shot.

To all:

The stock will have a buttpad inline with bore or as high as possible while being able to remove the bolt. A negative comb. A trigger reach that is correct. A nearly vertical grip with slight palm swells, shaped and relieved to allow a neutral thumb position. The forend will be parallel with the bore or nearly so, shaped more like a sporter stock with a slight flat spot. The toe line will be or nearly so- parallel with bore, or have a flat spot.

The design intent is to have a hunting/field stock that is as optimized for all around use as possible while still being comfortable to carry and handle. It will not be a PRS stock, nor a chassis, nor shaped like an upland bird gun. A purpose built field stock for carrying and hunting incorporating what is known about optimum designs for shooting.

To all:

The stock will have a buttpad inline with bore or as high as possible while being able to remove the bolt. A negative comb. A trigger reach that is correct. A nearly vertical grip with slight palm swells, shaped and relieved to allow a neutral thumb position. The forend will be parallel with the bore or nearly so, shaped more like a sporter stock with a slight flat spot. The toe line will be or nearly so- parallel with bore, or have a flat spot.

The design intent is to have a hunting/field stock that is as optimized for all around use as possible while still being comfortable to carry and handle. It will not be a PRS stock, nor a chassis, nor shaped like an upland bird gun. A purpose built field stock for carrying and hunting incorporating what is known about optimum designs for shooting.
carl-tuttle.gif

To all:

I'd appreciate it if you stopped spending my money. 🤑 Sounds awesome!

To all:

The stock will have a buttpad inline with bore or as high as possible while being able to remove the bolt.
Will there be a dished or recessed area to have clearance for bolt removal in order to achieve the proper height?

Thanks for all of your work on this project and all the knowledge you so graciously share!!

Ryan

No. As high as possible without a scallop.
Well dang, was hoping it would be higher than that. I'm probably odd guy out but I like a pretty high comb. Think I have higher than normal check bones or something. Guess I will be building mine up a touch🤷

To all:

Would be interested to hear how it might differ from the Kroseg Tikka Tactical stock (old Hi-Tech stocks, out of NZ):

Kroseg Tikka Tactcal stock.JPG

Last edited:
Back