Fingers crossed for CO

DanimalW

WKR
So when do they release the 2024 statistics? Would be nice to see how much the NR point creep jumped this year.

KsRancher

WKR
Maybe in your junk mail? It comes from “no [email protected]
I just called CDOW. They said they tried to send but are getting rejected on my end. Said it's probably because it's getting flagged as spam. I am not tech savvy. I have a hotmail account and can't find any settings to change.

I called my brother for help and his response was. "Get out of the 90's and get a Gmail account"

gostovp

WKR
So when do they release the 2024 statistics? Would be nice to see how much the NR point creep jumped this year.
I’m interested in this as well. Anecdotally it seems like many units saw some decent point creep this year.

And our group didn’t draw the tag we were after

Point creep was pretty brutal. The unit I applied for had close to 50% worse odds at an entire point level higher than last year. Seems most of the others I had my eye on also jumped an entire point.

prm

WKR
Scanned a few units on both deer and elk draw. Some have had serious points creep and others just a little. One unit I used to hunt every year is now a 2-3 point draw.

Deer NR apps (1st choice) were 57k in 2016 and are now at 98k. Gulp…

Elk NR apps (1st choice) were 72k in 2016 and 114k for 2024.

Resident 1st choice apps have remained relatively steady with a slight drop from 2021.

DanimalW

WKR

So let’s say there’s a breakdown of drawn out at points for first choice primary draw:

4 pts - 5 applicants (2 successful)
3 pts - 5 applicants (2 successful)
2 pts - 10 applicants (1 successuful)

How does that even happen? What am I missing that will help me understand this? Common sense suggests that the 5 successful would be the 5 with 4 points.

Thanks for educating me.

JLeMieux

Lil-Rokslider
Impatiently waiting to see if my buddy draws his archery tag for a unit that he's been building almost two decades worth of points for. If so, I looking forward to tagging along as pack mule and caller. Another buddy and I are in for a 1st rifle tag (2nd choice), but we'll probably turn those in if buddy #1 is successful in the draw.
Well, all three of us struck out. OTC for one more year I guess.

JLeMieux

Lil-Rokslider
So let’s say there’s a breakdown of drawn out at points for first choice primary draw:

4 pts - 5 applicants (2 successful)
3 pts - 5 applicants (2 successful)
2 pts - 10 applicants (1 successuful)

How does that even happen? What am I missing that will help me understand this? Common sense suggests that the 5 successful would be the 5 with 4 points.

Thanks for educating me.
Group apps with lower point holders maybe.

Boone-In-Wall

Lil-Rokslider
I got the tag I was hoping for. Nothing special, but I was worried about the 2nd choice dynamics after the changes in NR tags this year. All worked as planned tho. Time to prep for Sept!