Fingers crossed for CO

Sapcut

WKR
I got email today notifying $491.52 success for deer. However, my bank was hit with $491.52 and $803 but no email about the $803. Shazammmm!
Well...scratch that. My archery elk email just came thru. Two years in a row at NR archery elk draw success.

Last edited:

banded_drake

Lil-Rokslider
Got my elk tag and my wife got her deer tag, fall can't get here quick enough

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up on reduction. I found the answer on the CPW website. Turns out the 29% reduction is for normal draw units. High demand units are still 80% residents 20% NR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A 9pp NR unit doesn't mean it meets the criteria of 5pp RES. Just have to wait for the stats to be posted to know for certain

Is the 29% NR reduction across the board?
NR allocation was cut from 35% to 25% for tags that have historically required less than 6 points for a resident to draw. NR allocation stayed at 20% for 6+ point tags. So I may have spoken too soon...in your buddy's case, the NR allocation for his tag may or may not have actually changed. 9 PP to 13 is a heck of a jump though, I would have to guess that tag availability decreased somehow. The draw recap report will tell the story when it comes out.

Last edited:

SonnyDay

WKR
Drew 1st choice (either sex elk in the unit we killed a bull last year). I am a happy man. Good luck all!

SonnyDay

WKR
In celebration, I just lit the grill to toss on some elk burgers from the kill last fall... honestly some of the best-tasting meat I've ever had.

Excited to have a shot at getting some more!

sambo3006

FNG
I drew a 2nd season tag. I haven't hunted elk since 2016 so I'm really looking forward to this hunt.

Last edited:

KsRancher

WKR
Anyone know why I wouldn't be getting any emails from CDOW? I can look up me and my kids account and see what got drawn and what got only pts. But I haven't gotten a single email for me or my boys.

Rockchuck

WKR
Count me in for 1st rifle bull elk! Can't wait for scouting trips this summer and getting after it in the wilderness!!!

holmesac89

Lil-Rokslider
I drew a deer tag, but no luck again for elk. Applied with 7 points this year for a unit that several folks drew with 5 last year.