Falken Wildpeak AT3W Mileage?

TheHammer

WKR
That seems considerably low life for that tire. I have a set on a 1 ton that has 60k on them w/10-12k life left. Highly recommend the tire. My f150 with be getting a set of the new at4 s once these nittos wear out. Sounds like you may have an alignment issue. And I go off of the tire recommendation for air pressure, especially when changing tire size.

I had a set of AT3Ws on my 2015 F150.
I bought the 275/70/18 LT version which comes with deeper tread.
I ran them at 40PSI and adjusted for seasonal changes.
77K and I bought a new set of the exact same.
Maybe the LT with thicker construction maintains a better wear pattern?

Last edited:

dlee56

WKR
Are there any real differences between the 3 and new 4? I was planning on getting the 3s this month but the 4s aren’t much more expensive.

OP
T
Are there any real differences between the 3 and new 4? I was planning on getting the 3s this month but the 4s aren’t much more expensive.

Mo beta…. That’s all the rep told me when I called lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhoff04

FNG
I hit 40k on mine and had to switch them out last fall before winter hit. Was not thrilled about getting only 40k out of them but I guess that's what you get for driving a 3/4 ton diesel.

Trying Toyo Open Country's At3's this time around since they were similar cost to Wildpeaks. So far happy with them. Maybe a bit more road noise but not noticeable. I don't have a strong feel for how many miles I'll get yet.

CB4

WKR
I have a set on my 16' F150. Currently have 55k miles on them and I bet still have 35-40% tread left. I would have to actually measure to confirm. I will say I bought the 10ply specifically for better wear. Like others mentioned I'm not overly impressed with how they handle snow but outside of that no complaints.

I used exclusively general grabbers before these because they were cheaper and had similar results.

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
I had a set of AT4s on my 2015 F150.
I bought the 275/70/18 LT version which comes with deeper tread.
I ran them at 40PSI and adjusted for seasonal changes.
77K and I bought a new set of the exact same.
Maybe the LT with thicker construction maintains a better wear pattern?
You've put 77K on the new AT4's since the beginning of the year :oops:? Or are you referring to a different AT4?

Ah ok, I was going to say I am definitely picking up the AT4's if they are that good. I have the AT3's now and love them but soon need to upgrade to the 4's
I just watched the video comparing the two.
I think I would prefer the AT3W for the smaller treadblocks, especially in snow/ice/rain.
Larger treadblocks are not your friend when the surface is slick.
I'm on my second set of AT3W and very happy with them.

JFK

WKR
I had a set on my old first gen Tacoma. 60k+ miles on them and they were still drivable when I got rid of it. Have a set on my wife’s jeep now with around 25k miles on them and they hardly look like they’ve lost much tread. The weight of the vehicle and driving a lot of gravel roads will eat up any tire though. We rotate our tires “sometimes”…definitely not on any type of recommended schedule.

bradmacmt

Lil-Rokslider
I had the Wildpeaks on my Tacoma - junk. 25K and totally done. Switched to Hankook's.

wytx

WKR
AT4s on my F150 now and they are fine, snow and wet.
Stiffer and more sidewall protection.
We'll see how they do with the mileage guarantee.
Did fine in the snow we've had this Spring.
Price was good too.

Beendare

WKR
My Wildpeaks are at 42,000 with lots of tread left 1/2ton Ram.

These are more like a Highway tire than a offroad tire. When they wear down- thats what you get.

You cannot expect Toyo Open Country performance from these- a different animal.