BFG T/A KO2s vs Falken Wildpeak A/T3W

This. I ran KOs, then KO2s for years, never got more than 30k out of a set & they don't have a treadwear warranty. Falkens have a 50k treadwear warranty. Head to head, I think the Falkens are also slightly better in the snow and ice.
Mine cracked due to not driving a lot or taking care of anything and my trucks parked in the sun all day. I have 46k on them. I called about the weather cracking, they dont warranty that but tread is warrantied to 50k. Id guess they have another 15-20k in them. But the cracks between tread worry me for driving out west.

Second i was more so wondering of an E rated tire is just hard on the tranny or something but im leaning towards getting them again sonce they wore well the first time i had them minus my neglect on the weathering side

But ill have to check those falkens out to

BCsteve

WKR
I’ve had KO’s and KO2’s on my last four F150’s, they’re great for the most part but are slippery when it gets wet. I’ll be trying something different next time, I’m thinking Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT or Toyo ATIII.

Mine cracked due to not driving a lot or taking care of anything and my trucks parked in the sun all day. I have 46k on them. I called about the weather cracking, they dont warranty that but tread is warrantied to 50k. Id guess they have another 15-20k in them. But the cracks between tread worry me for driving out west.

Second i was more so wondering of an E rated tire is just hard on the tranny or something but im leaning towards getting them again sonce they wore well the first time i had them minus my neglect on the weathering side

But ill have to check those falkens out to

Most people complain they ride stiff

BFG all way. Costco normally has good sept. sale too

Sounds like it's not an issue for OP, but if you get tires at Costco, just be careful if you are running non-stock sizes. They refused to mount a 275/70-18 on my 18x9 wheels, whereas 4Wheel Parts mounted them without a second thought. 4Wheel Parts generally has good prices on AT tires and is a great option if you're running a larger tire that Costco or other shops won't mount.

Is anyone getting over 30k miles on their HD trucks?
I’ve had Good Year Duratracs (loud), Falken Wild Peaks (good for 10k miles, then no traction), Cooper Discovery AT3 (wear funny), Toyo Open Country MT (wear faster), BFG MT AT3 (wear faster), Bridgestone Dueler AT3 (wear funny), and a couple others not worth mentioning.

I’m thinking I’m going to try the Michelin Defender LTX MS next. Tire size for reference is usually 285/75/18 (35” with 11.5 width E rated). I average a set a year.

Zackr

FNG
Sounds like it's not an issue for OP, but if you get tires at Costco, just be careful if you are running non-stock sizes. They refused to mount a 275/70-18 on my 18x9 wheels, whereas 4Wheel Parts mounted them without a second thought. 4Wheel Parts generally has good prices on AT tires and is a great option if you're running a larger tire that Costco or other shops won't mount.
That is true. Some of the Costco's didn't want to go over 5% (i think) of what was on it stock. I have a ram 1500 so went with the size on the Ram Rebel.

axeforce6

WKR
Falken has several production plants around the world, not all of the Wildpeaks are made in China. But, it's interesting to see guys complaining about Chinese products as they type on a Chinese made computer or cell phone.
I limit buying anything Chinese if I can. Every distributor I have talked to says they are a product of China. It's interesting to see someone defend a china tire company though. Go buy your wildpeaks man. I'll decide where I spend my money.

Wrongside

WKR
I’ve had KO’s and KO2’s on my last four F150’s, they’re great for the most part but are slippery when it gets wet. I’ll be trying something different next time, I’m thinking Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT or Toyo ATIII.
IME, the Toyo ATIII is far better in the snow, ice and wet roads. No experience with the Mickey, as they aren’t that popular around here.

SCHUNTER73

Lil-Rokslider
2009 Tundra here. Ran my Michelin LTX down to nothing. Tried Wild Peaks out b/c at the time they were $400 less per set than BFG. have had them 35-40k miles and have lots of tread left. They are a little louder than I would like, but the LTXs were the most aggressive tire I had run prior to the Wild Peaks so they obviously him a little more than those did.

pirogue

WKR
Seems like most, if not all the negative on the BFG KO2’s for wet roads is from light truck users(1/2 ton, tacomas, etc). I’ve been looking for some for the last year for my 2500, and can’t find any. I need that extra sidewall protection for the rocks in the desert Southwest. Anyone got recommendations for sidewall protection favored over wet pavement?

sneaky

"DADDY"
I limit buying anything Chinese if I can. Every distributor I have talked to says they are a product of China. It's interesting to see someone defend a china tire company though. Go buy your wildpeaks man. I'll decide where I spend my money.
Screenshot_20220820-134144_Chrome.jpg
Or you can be that guy that believes what you're being fed by distributors wanting to sell you the tires they want to and not do your own research.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Falken also has plants in Thailand. They also have a plant in Buffalo, NY. Facts are hard for some I guess.