exo mountain pack

Stid2677

WKR
Weighed mine today, 2lbs 14ozs for just the frame.

Mine with 5 days of gear in a 55 liter OR dry bag and a side pocket on each side. Using a Kifaru Grab-It to hold the bag up.

P5290320_zpsa9a11557.jpg

P5290319_zps81bff71b.jpg

Steve specifically stated if you need it in the next month to contact him about the possibility of a loaner. I was excited to get my pack soon but to me it's understandable given the circumstances. I'd much rather prefer getting a quality product in the end than having them take shortcuts just to make deadlines because of the sheer volume of unanticipated orders. I also think it's pretty classy that they are throwing in a free hipbelt pouch.

I fully agree. The fact they are not sacrificing quality says a lot. The hip belt pouch is definitely a nice gesture. Definitely looking forward to trying it.

arthurvino

Lil-Rokslider
Steve specifically stated if you need it in the next month to contact him about the possibility of a loaner. I was excited to get my pack soon but to me it's understandable given the circumstances. I'd much rather prefer getting a quality product in the end than having them take shortcuts just to make deadlines because of the sheer volume of unanticipated orders. I also think it's pretty classy that they are throwing in a free hipbelt pouch.

Free hip belt pouch? Nice gesture! Saw it in the email.

Last edited:

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I'm trying to decipher if this will affect the 5500 shipment. I can see how the fabrication sequencing would affect the 3000 currently in production but can't tell on the 5500. A four week delay on the 5500 would push delivery past the opening of sheep season. That would suck!

eltaco

WKR
The website is saying mid-July on 5500 orders. I'd probably contact Steve if that's close to your season just to be sure, though.

eltaco

WKR
Got my hands on a pack to try out before my buddy heads out on his bear hunt, so quick loaded it up with 100lbs of fertilizer and walked around for a while. This pack fits me like it was tailored just for me... surprisingly comfortable. The straps on this pack are very well thought out, I couldn't get the load to shift at all, and the lumbar pad simply didn't move... but I didn't feel as though my hips were getting crushed to achieve it. I obviously need to get more time and miles on it, but there were no red flags for me at 100lbs tonight. I'm frankly blown away at how comfortable this pack is. You guys will be surprised how much freedom of motion this frame allows for, while staying perfectly rigid vertically for load-bearing.

After my short hike, I wanted to quick check the pack volume, as the 3500 spec had me mildly concerned about whether I could stuff enough gear for 5 days. Well, after stuffing most of my gear, it became apparent that this pack is much larger than the specs would suggest. This isn't a complete pack list, as I'm missing food and a couple small items but I had enough room left over that I'm positive there won't be a space issue for my uses. This was pretty loosely packed but it'll help give an idea of how much expansion is built into this pack. I suppose I still had 1/3 of the main bag empty and most of the lid empty as well. Hopefully this helps give an idea on the capacity of the pack.

Very impressive pack, and at a very reasonable price point, this pack easily competes with other products in the category. With the quality and features that are built into this product, I look for Exo to be a very successful company!

qydy4aga.jpg

ene6umem.jpg

NVCHUKAR

WKR
Great to hear, cant wait. Sounds like it may be replacing my Late Season : )

I have been thinking the same thing, I love the acessibility of the exo. But I also love my late season, Kifaru needs to come out with either a smaller emrII or a timberline with a full length vertical zipper

edg1967

WKR
Has anyone who has a pack tried to put a tree stand between the frame and the bag or tried to strap a stand on the frame without the bag? I'm thinking I may not need my Duplex frame if this would work. I'd appreciate pics if anyone can shoot some.

Has anyone who has a pack tried to put a tree stand between the frame and the bag or tried to strap a stand on the frame without the bag? I'm thinking I may not need my Duplex frame if this would work. I'd appreciate pics if anyone can shoot some.

I had inquired about the same thing. I haul my treestands and ground blinds. I was told it will work just fine and see no reason why it wouldn't. I am hoping to adapt my Kifaru Grab-it to this frame. I know Steve is going to be offering load slings for this frame. I assume same principal as the Kifaru cargo panel? I have not seen any pictures of these items being carried yet. I will have my pack hopefully in a month and will try it out.

Kawabunga

Lil-Rokslider
I have been thinking the same thing, I love the acessibility of the exo. But I also love my late season, Kifaru needs to come out with either a smaller emrII or a timberline with a full length vertical zipper

I agree, when i first saw the Nomad i wished they would come out with an internal like the Lateseason, it would be compact and light but expandable. Now i carry a pod and throw everything in it and meat in the main bag, i do all day hunts, if the main bag were full this would be problem. The Exo solves this with the area for meat under the bag, also dont care for the lack of pockets some like, and ive been carrying a spotter more also, so it wont have to be strapped outside.

I ordered mine like May 3. Not supposed to be here until beginning of July. They had a few setbacks being a new pack company. The wait sucks but they seem to have worked out their issues. The best part is that they are not sacrificing quality just to push packs out at a faster rate.