exo mountain pack

I have a first run EXO. Just got back from a 6 day spring Bear hunt in Hells Canyon two weeks ago. Here's how i ran the pack. Right sleeve 3 liter platypus, left sleeve rifle. back stretch pocket, zebra light with extra battery and rain jacket. top pouch mini squeeze and 2 liter pouches. interior tag bags and havalon in gallon zip lock i=on the bottom, above that dry bag with sleep system, followed by tarp and stove with canister followed by dry bag with clothes, then dry bag with food. total pack weight for six day was 28 pounds minus rifle and water. So i was carrying around 40 give or take a pound or two.The pack felt great in that steep terrain. Our group is pretty mobile we bivyed in three different areas mostly on ridges for spotting bears. The EXO carried as good as any pack i've ever worn. And that's a long list including Mr crew cab, Kifaru High camp,Kuiu Ultra ETC, ETC. the EXO never shifted or needed readjusted or sagged down at all. I love the simplisity of the pack and how it is organized. For me there was no problem putting a weeks gear inside that pack, but i am kind of an ultra lighter though.I was really hoping to pack out camp and a bear but that didn't happen. The EXO is definately the pack i am carrying for a long while.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Coyote all the way for me. Just put in my order. Looking forward to trying this pack out.

parshal

WKR
I just ordered a Coyote one as well. I want to compare it to my Bikini Nomad with composite stays. End of July here we come!

Stid2677

WKR
Did a 5k with the Exo today, only issue is the sternum strap stitching rubbed my chest making a hot spot. Got about 20 or so miles under it so far.

P6140468_zps0a5e742e.jpg

Ironman8

WKR
I'm not typically one to jump on a brand new product (like to wait out the bugs that are typically associated) but I just pulled the trigger on a Foliage EXO. Looks like the perfect blend between what I like about the Stone Glacier (load shelf) and the Kifaru (pocket organization) for a steal of a price. Really looking forward to doing some late summer/early fall training with it and hopefully putting it to use this year for ID elk.

Only question I have about it is the X-Pac fabric on the inside of the bag...does it completely waterproof the bag contents? Negating the need for a rain cover?

Stid2677

WKR
Did you run/walk or ride your magic carpet? :)

I read on this thread that "carpet reviews" were the Rokslide standard,, so I wanted to make sure I was doing it right. :) Will make sure to keep my "carpet reviews" coming.

I read on this thread that "carpet reviews" were the Rokslide standard,, so I wanted to make sure I was doing it right. :) Will make sure to keep my "carpet reviews" coming.

That is too funny!!! Look forward to more of your thoughts on the Exo. I can't wait to try one.

I'm not typically one to jump on a brand new product (like to wait out the bugs that are typically associated) but I just pulled the trigger on a Foliage EXO. Looks like the perfect blend between what I like about the Stone Glacier (load shelf) and the Kifaru (pocket organization) for a steal of a price. Really looking forward to doing some late summer/early fall training with it and hopefully putting it to use this year for ID elk.

Only question I have about it is the X-Pac fabric on the inside of the bag...does it completely waterproof the bag contents? Negating the need for a rain cover?

Its not seam sealed and pack lid doesn't have main body backing With that said it would take a heck of a storm to get in IMO

JeremiahH

WKR
I thought the latest word was all the orders were going to go out in July and that the guys orders that got backed up were getting free belt pockets. I read that Somewhere.