exo mountain pack

Ditto. I love my bikini frame but would like to try this one out. I find it hard to improve on the kifaru's though. Wonder if there will be any updates for next year.

Kotaman

WKR
Ditto. I love my bikini frame but would like to try this one out. I find it hard to improve on the kifaru's though. Wonder if there will be any updates for next year.

I hear you! I usually try everything and go back to Kifaru...Exo's reviews are so "raving" I just had to try one...

n2horns

WKR
I took mine out for 4 days of elk hunting here in Arizona, taking few days off then back at it. Bag was nice and rode well, getting things adjusted isn't too hard. I may need a medium belt from a large, cranking down leaves me a little to spare, however, I plan to lose more weight so that is a bonus not a problem. I found the bag held so much that I was putting more in and not realizing it. I dug thru my pack and found 2 full rolls of TP, plus 2 extra Alpine Aire dinners.

Side note, found my REI 80 liter pack rain cover, grey color. Big in a tight pack mode for EXO 5500, but seems that on larger loads would fit better. May be Lenny/Steve will have pack covers soon too.

Still no comment from anyone on the loud snow collar material and lid rubbing on this making loud swishing noise every step unless the bag is full

ElkNut1

WKR
Dover, my son & I are both using the 3500 with no notice of the swishing sound. Maybe you need to lower the pack down the titanium frame an inch or two? I'm short (5'-7") so I slide the pack to the top of the frame & so top of pack sits well below my head. We've packed out two spike elk with it so far with zero issues, nice pack for sure! It's a pleasure to wear!

ElkNut1Paull II 2014 Bull 26.jpgPaul Spike 2014 8.jpg

The swishing is between the material on the bottom or the lid and the snow collar. When it's in the 30's it's very very crinkly and noisy also

jm1607

WKR
Just wanted to show you guys how I have mine rigged for my 8 day black bear hunt in 2 weeks.. Have my Walther on my right side with a military surplus molle holster with malice clips.. Have my leatherman next to it in a cheap molle holster as well.. Have an FHF Rangefinder and GPS rino pocket on the left.. Unfortunately there's no room for the bad ass hip pocket from exo.. Also added stick-on velcro to the back of all three pouches.. All three hold very firm and don't slide at all.. The only other accessory I'm running is the beaver tail.. I have it folded down for now like in Steve's video so I can stick my bow cam in it when I'm on camera duty..

20140918_182850_resized.jpg

Also discovered that my frame will hold a 7 year old pretty well even without the beaver tail ;) Little blurry..

IMG_4084_resized.jpg

Last edited:

sojourner

Lil-Rokslider
A few pictures of the Exo from my California Roosevelt antlerless elk hunt. Was fortunate enough to connect on a cow on the 5th day.
Took two loads of meat out. First load was 70 lbs. of meat plus camp for a ~95 lb. pack. Used the load sling which was really nice when packing out camp with the meat.
Loading it up

Back at the truck after the 4 mile pack out
For the second load I had about 90 lbs. of meat in the pack
Being only 150 pounds myself it was a brutal hike but an awesome experience and I was super pleased with how the Exo carried and held up to the task.

I can't imagine...but time will tell I guess...

Don't get me wrong. My Bikini was quite nice. However, once you wear a pack that has 100% vertical stiffness BUT PIVOTS and seems to move with your body. It is top of the line comfort!

AndyB

WKR
congratulations on the Cow sojourner, pack looks like its working great, I was also thinking of picking up one of those Buck 119 specials you got lying on the ground.:)

sojourner

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys, this was the Marble Mountains hunt zone and I backpacked into Marble Mountains Wilderness area for the hunt. About 2/3 of the wilderness area was closed due to the fires but the area I had scouted was still open. Andy, the Buck 119 is my brother-in-law's, I used a Havalon for this hunt but we've both been pleased with our Buck 119s over the years.