exo mountain pack

Evergreen

WKR
Thanks! Was hoping for mid or even better early October. Was going to call and ask but figured someone had already done that. Thanks again!

hflier

WKR
It would be good if the team made a formal announcement their on timing and also supply of the next run of packs. It would be good to know the timing of the ship for the next run of packs. Also will the next run cover all orders on the books and then some or will there still be a shortage? If there will still be a shortage some will have to wait until the next subsequent run of packs. This information would allow folks to make some equipment decisions to finish out the balance of the year.

parshal

WKR
I spoke with Steve a week ago and he said the next run covers all the existing orders and plenty left over (based on current forecasts). I assume if the orders continue to pour in the possibility exists of running out.

I expect it's nearly impossible to gauge the popularity of something and walking the edge of building more than you can sell and going bankrupt.

Also, for all you current EXO pack owners. The Kifaru Hanging Water Bladder pouch made out of the KU material works perfectly in an EXO pack. This provides a slightly different option if all you are concerned with is locating the bladder inside the pack.

Link:

http://store.kifaru.net/hanging-water-bladder-p151.aspx

As does the KUIU hanging water bladder. Not to steer you one way or another just thought I would mention it. I really like the slurpy stalker too it provides just a little more organization

KMD

Banned
Back from a week in the mountains, this EXO pack is the schizz!
Full quarter of elk in a B.O.M.B bag, plus straps, slipped into a Kifaru Meat Baggie. Used the optional meat shelf between pack/frame & it handled the ~90 lb. load with ease!
iPHONE5pics038_zps73df22c3.jpg

2nd trip, trim meat/head/bow...no problemo!
iPHONE5pics049_zps082c29e1.jpg

When hauling meat, I moved my 3L Source bladder to inside the main bag. When hunting, had the bladder hung between the frame & bag. Don't see any need for a separate pocket to slip the bladder into? Bladder is protected well with the side-straps cinched down.

Pack is super comfy and very easy to maneuver & shoot with! Almost forget its there with a load of day-hunt gear...

Would like to see a water bottle holder for the hip-belt, as I like to keep a mixed drink (WA or MIO Energy) in a small squeeze bottle. The side pocket on the pack is too far back to grab a bottle from. I have a HPG drink pouch, but it don't jive well with the Velcro strap on the EXO belt.

All in all, super pack! Buddies had Blue Widows, and after the packout, were seriously considering upgrading to an EXO...

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
More than half of a boned-out bull in one load. The pack did great on the 5 mile packout. Can't imagine doing this in any other pack that I've tried.

Attachments

• 10703833_916214971740621_5783390004483472778_o.jpg
    10703833_916214971740621_5783390004483472778_o.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 326
  • 10714495_916215251740593_6892581244758542937_o.jpg
    10714495_916215251740593_6892581244758542937_o.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 355
Sorry for the lack of communication here guys; between keeping up with work, pack production and hunting September was pretty crazy. We are meeting with the sew shop tomorrow and should have a pretty good estimate on when the next round of packs will be done after the meeting. We were really pushing to have them done by October Rifle seasons but unfortunately we are guessing its going to be early November now.

As soon as we know for sure I'll let everyone know asap.

The pack reviews and pictures have been pouring in lately and its been awesome to see everyone's success so far this year. Here is a pic packing out my WY mule deer.

Good luck to everyone the rest of the seasons, I'm off to chase Idaho Mtn Goats for myself this weekend!

Steve

Attachments

• Steve packing out.jpg
    Steve packing out.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 324
Steve in the email you sent yesterday from s&s I noticed you only had one arrow left in your quiver. How many were you packing at the start? Congrats on a great buck!

Steve in the email you sent yesterday from s&s I noticed you only had one arrow left in your quiver. How many were you packing at the start? Congrats on a great buck!

Had 5 to start, my first shot at 42 was quartered away and I thought I hit a little far back. He ran 10 yards and let me shoot again and then did that 2 more times. So I ended up putting 4 arrows in him. First time I've had an animal give me a second shot let alone a 3rd and 4th. The first shot ended up being double lung so would have done the job but figured it couldn't hurt to keep shooting.

Steve

n2horns

WKR
Recent visit to a REI store with my EXO 5500 CB. I brought several packs in and had the EXO to dry fit some chairs and such and several workers tried it on and compared its styling to the Osprey bags. They were surprised on how light a hunting pack was, then I expanded it, and they that was a cool option. What sucked is the bag was clean, still have yet to get her filled with meat. Hell I might just have to order a side of beef and haul it home in the bag, my luck will change.

Anyone else develop a squeak right behind their shoulders where the shoulder harness has fabric sleeves that the titanium rods run through. I'm e is fairly loud at least loud enough my friend made me stop so he could find the squeak and attempt to fix it.