exo mountain pack

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
There was someone else that had complained about the squeek mine hasnt done it. Not sure what that could be, maybe the shoulder harness rubbing on the titanium.

Anyone answer the phone over there at EXO while you guy's are hunting?

No, number is just my cell phone that is on the website.

We have heard a few issues with the pack making a squeak sound. It definitely seems to be something that shows up after quite a bit of heavy hauling with the pack. From what we have found so far it is the Titanium rods rubbing a flat/shiny spot in either the Cordura or webbing in the back of the shoulder harness. We are working on a good fix for it. One customer was hauling Moose quarters up in Alaska and just put a little bow string wax on the frame and that apparently worked great for him.

Steve

Hey Steve,
After your meeting with the sew shop, do you have a more concrete release date of the next packs? If so, when will you begin the process of taking money for them? Thanks,

ElkNut1

WKR
Squeak or no squeak it's the best all purpose pack I've used to date, it's a great day or bivy pack & packs one heck of a load with zero issues! We took 4 bulls wearing these packs on our backs on each stalk/calling of these elk, no problem getting close. This is one of the best if not the best pack on the market for the serious hunter/packer. The layout is superb & well thought out. We will be using these for quite some time! Awesome pack & what a simple design!

ElkNut1

Squeak or no squeak it's the best all purpose pack I've used to date, it's a great day or bivy pack & packs one heck of a load with zero issues! We took 4 bulls wearing these packs on our backs on each stalk/calling of these elk, no problem getting close. This is one of the best if not the best pack on the market for the serious hunter/packer. The layout is superb & well thought out. We will be using these for quite some time! Awesome pack & what a simple design!

ElkNut1

Could not agree more!!

ElkNut1

Absolutely agree as well. But we can always push the limits and strive for perfection

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
FYI I was able to file down the locking buckles that are a pain to adjust, Took my knife cut off the teeth of the buckles and filed it smooth. They now are easy to adjust and still lock down. I took this step because I like being able to easily take the bag off the frame. Before I couldnt rethread the 3/4 webbing through the buckle without needle nose plyers. Now its easy peasy. I did a video on it that I will load up here when I get around to it.

drrice

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Steve,
After your meeting with the sew shop, do you have a more concrete release date of the next packs? If so, when will you begin the process of taking money for them? Thanks,

I was just trying to make sure I was on the October/November release of packs so i sent an email in mid September and still have not heard anything back.

These are nice packs, I used one during an elk hunt in September, but I am not sure I am completely sold on them. It was comfortable, and fit me well, with a very simple design. I used the beavertail and the belt pockets extensively. I didn't carry anything but camp, for about six miles so no comment on heavy load carrying. Don't get me wrong, they are good in a vast number of areas, but the inability to loosen the 3/4" shoulder strap buckles drives me crazy. I am also not real fond of the way the lid works. But, I think the #1 complaint about this pack is the customer service, it took me three weeks to order a new belt and another week to get it to me. I personally, can't deal with that. I work entirely too hard for my money to have to wait and continually call and leave messages that don't get returned. To me, this is the difference between EXO and Kifaru. To one guy its a hobby, to the other it is a business.

Just my two cents.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Justin As stated I was able to cut off the teeth and file down the hard locking buckles. So much better now. will try to get the video up on what I did by this weekend. Huge difference now.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
James,

Thanks for the tip, I will let the new owner of my EXO pack know that this can be done for ease of adjustment.

Lol, such a pain in my ass =) Still love you though. Sorry to hear about your experience here. going to be keeping my Exo around for a while. Love the way it carries and I have beat the crap out of this pack so far and its held up well for me. I feel your frustration on not getting the gear when you need it. One of the pain points of dealing with a company thats new to the industry. Whens your next trip out to Colorado? You found any good whitetail property yet? =)

parshal

WKR
...the inability to loosen the 3/4" shoulder strap buckles drives me crazy. I am also not real fond of the way the lid works. But, I think the #1 complaint about this pack is the customer service, it took me three weeks to order a new belt and another week to get it to me. I personally, can't deal with that. I work entirely too hard for my money to have to wait and continually call and leave messages that don't get returned. To me, this is the difference between EXO and Kifaru. To one guy its a hobby, to the other it is a business.

My biggest complaint all along has been the immovable buckles but James' fix may alleviate that concern. I didn't care for the lid on the 3500 but have swapped for a 5500 which has a more traditional lid setup so that's really no longer an issue for me. I hear you regarding the slow response from the vendor but I realize he's a one or two man show and has made a wildly popular product that unexpectedly took off and he had not planned for that. That, and it being hunting season, adds to the slow responses. I like the fact that he's a hardcore hunter and using, selling and designing products that will be very well tested. At times, I'm willing to wait a bit for something because of that.

I fully understand that he is a one man show who had a nice piece of kit everyone wanted take off on him and that he is a hardcore hunter using his product, I have nothing but respect for the man and what he's doing. With that being said, there are issues that the pack has and his customer service that I personally didn't like. I, like most folks have certain times that I will wait all year long for vacation so when I try to get my gear for these trips and don't get it, or have issues getting it, I am not happy and I will shop elsewhere. I wouldn't mind it so much if there was a bettter job of communication, via email, text or even a post here or on his website, but there just isn't. I knew posting this would get some attention and that is fine, it is the same with die hard Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Kuiu, Kryptek, and the list goes on users. I don't think it's a bad pack, just not for me.

drrice

Lil-Rokslider
i still really want the pack but i just think he needs some help with responding to his customers. If he wants to selling hunting equipment he is gonna have to realize that he is going to be busy during hunting season.