Exo Mountain K4?

I'm in the camp that is good with the pockets not being pleated on the smaller pack. If I pick it up, it's strictly for day use and I can't imagine needing to stuff the pack so full that I can't fit optics in the side pockets for that use case. Even on a winter hunt with puffy pants, etc. I won't have a full sleep system or multiple days of food so I'd rather keep the pack streamlined and as compact as possible. The idea that the pleated pockets will always have room for your spotter no matter what sounds nice, but I think in real world use it's just not an issue for the specific use case this pack is being designed for.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Agree, keep the day pack streamlined, if it’s too small, use a 3600, which is still a nice compact bag with no lid. Turning the 2200 into a bigger bag makes no sense in the lineup to me.

I also trust the exo team, I have no reason to question their design, they are as good as they come in that regard… I would rather them design a day bag than me… if I added my great ideas, I’m sure it would turn out less functional… looking at all of the thought and detail put into every aspect of k4, I trust them way more than me… I use stuff and will let the pros design it 😏

Jauwater

WKR
After seeing the 2200, which although I like, it made it clear to me the 3600 was the size for me. Put in the order this morning, and received shipping notification within less than 12hrs. Outstanding 👍 Thank y’all. Appreciate the hard work.

plebe

FNG
I'm in the camp that is good with the pockets not being pleated on the smaller pack. If I pick it up, it's strictly for day use and I can't imagine needing to stuff the pack so full that I can't fit optics in the side pockets for that use case. Even on a winter hunt with puffy pants, etc. I won't have a full sleep system or multiple days of food so I'd rather keep the pack streamlined and as compact as possible. The idea that the pleated pockets will always have room for your spotter no matter what sounds nice, but I think in real world use it's just not an issue for the specific use case this pack is being designed for.

I think there are arrangements that may be nice that aren't specifically designed to address your primarily western focused concerns. (spotting scopes, sleep systems, days of food, etc.). Especially in a day hunt sized pack.

Capacity is one thing, but organization (facilitation of a hunt) is very nuanced and often quite personal.

I plan to buy this pack. Maybe it will be perfect. I won't know until I have it.

But I question what the heck you mean by "the specific use this pack is designed for"

Cause yours and mine seem miles apart, and maybe there's a design more mine than yours.

Reactions: SLM
Shouldn't be a problem. If guys have early sheep hunts and haven't seen the official release of the rifle carrier as those hunts get closer to starting, just reach out to us directly. For most general rifle hunts, production will definitely be ready.
We've got a Sept 1 caribou hunt this year, should I get in touch regarding the rifle carrier early or wait until Aug to see if it's released?

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We've got a Sept 1 caribou hunt this year, should I get in touch regarding the rifle carrier early or wait until Aug to see if it's released?
You’ll be fine with the production release. The guys I was referring to were the ones leaving for hunts in July, or perhaps very early August.

plebe

FNG
Looks good. Can't tell for sure if the "lid" pocket is really lower or if the pic is just different, but it looks better here. As one who prefers to use the smallest viable pack, I will seriously consider one of these to go with my 3600.

Edit: Random thought for the day: Have you considered any different solid colors? Coyote is OK, but best suited to middle eastern deserts while in uniform. It kind of pops out in most places in my opinion. A more muted brown-ish color would be nice. something like this:
View attachment 558990

I agree about Coyoye...it's too saturated.

What's everyone got against good camo these days?

I like your color scheme, however, Ranger Green is already a nicely desaturated color. Yet, it's still a solid. Lets break that up.

The current Fusion bags have big panels of coyote. Not really satisfactorily camo, imo.

I anticipate the 2200 will be better without a stretch panel.

Maybe one day EXO will have a proprietary camo...or mix Multicam back in...Thanks!

twall13

WKR
I think there are arrangements that may be nice that aren't specifically designed to address your primarily western focused concerns. (spotting scopes, sleep systems, days of food, etc.). Especially in a day hunt sized pack.

Capacity is one thing, but organization (facilitation of a hunt) is very nuanced and often quite personal.

I plan to buy this pack. Maybe it will be perfect. I won't know until I have it.

But I question what the heck you mean by "the specific use this pack is designed for"

Cause yours and mine seem miles apart, and maybe there's a design more mine than yours.
Fair point, not everyone will use this pack for the same type of hunting. And everyone has different preferences in what they are expecting from a pack. You can't please everyone. If I wanted to use it as a tree stand hunter I can see a desire for more pockets/organization. From what I've seen, Steve is more focused on Western hunting and designs his packs to fit that need. Maybe I'm wrong in that assumption but his pack dump videos seem to match up with that. That works for me as it matches my hunting style but it obviously isn't perfect for every situation.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Fair point, not everyone will use this pack for the same type of hunting. And everyone has different preferences in what they are expecting from a pack. You can't please everyone.
True.

I just want Exo to sell the female side of the stash pocket buckles. I use mine in multiple packs and it would be nice to leave that half of the buckle on and just move the pocket.

@S&S ARCHERY @ExoMtnGear

TheViking

WKR
How many are using the 3600 for 7 plus day hunts? Does anyone remember if the k2 3500 was bigger or smaller in overall volume?

Personally, that seems like a lot of days to get out of the 3600.

Going to the 5000 is a 5oz difference for a lot more room. I did 8 days out of my 4800 last year, it wasn’t overly stuffed, but I’d be hard pressed to try a smaller pack for that many days.

The way these bags pack down to nothing is seriously impressive. I upgraded to the K4 this year and don’t regret it. I have the 5000 for my anything overnight pack, and I’ll be ordering the 2200 when they are available for my scouting/day hunt pack.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
My 3600 arrived today. It will definitely be the bag I use the most as it has a nicer form factor than the 7200.

How many are using the 3600 for 7 plus day hunts? Does anyone remember if the k2 3500 was bigger or smaller in overall volume?
The K4 3600 with bag plus lid is listed at 4268 ci. The K2 3500 with bag plus lid was listed as 4200 ci. So, they are pretty much the same from what I can tell. 7 days is certainly possible, I got 7 days out of the K3 3200, which was listed at 3690 ci for bag with lid. It was tight for the first two days, but everything was in the bag and lid except for a rain jacket stuffed between bag and lid.

Isaaccc11

FNG
Not quite a final version, I am still debating a few of the pocket layouts but this is where it's at right now.

Capacity is right around 2200 ci.

Basically I took an 1800 extended the main horseshoe zipper up higher to allow room for a built in lid / pocket. I made the pocket padded and it will fit 18x56's perfectly.

Right now I have large internally pleated spotting scope pockets on both sides. I am debating just putting it on one side to shave some weight off of it. View attachment 550728View attachment 550729View attachment 550730View attachment 550731

What do you guys think?
Worth the cost?

@Mark at EXO

Another question regarding the rifle carrier, will it be sized to fit some of the larger butt stocks that are out there? I use an EH1 with a Triad stock pack and it barely fits in a Kifaru gun bearer and doesn't fit in anything else from the USA pack MFG's. I realize that not everyone has a bulky butt stock but almost everything currently available seems to be sized for a Red Ryder BB gun stock.

IMG_1698.jpegIMG_1698.jpegJust finished sewing some Velcro on my K4 3600 for morale patches. I know I’m a dork but gave me something to do until fall.

Any word on cribs?

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord