Exo Mountain K4?

Ten Bears

WKR
does anyone know the price of the 2200 only ?

sorry if it's been mentioned before. I couldnt find the answer as this thread is massive...

TheViking

WKR
does anyone know the price of the 2200 only ?

sorry if it's been mentioned before. I couldnt find the answer as this thread is massive...

Well, by looking at the K4 3600 bag only option, it’s $264. So my guess would be in the $250 range.

e22c880a5214bc69e99d50a42596aee5.jpg

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I have found another advantage of the K4 frame design. Because the top cross stay of the frame is lower, it works better for putting a kid on ones shoulders.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yea that's about what I thought too... tho there is no lid - so maybe a little less? $225-$230 would be nice :)
The K4 3600 Bag Only does not include a lid at $264. (We are not selling any of the K4 Bag Only options with a lid, but we have made it very affordable to add a lid, if needed.)

The K4 2200 Bag Only will also be $264. Obviously it is smaller than the 3600, but with the 2200's integrated lid pouch and the new zip access for the main compartment, the cost came out to be equal on those two bags.

I am excited for you guys to experience this built-in lid pocket on the 2200. Between that and the larger main bag volume, we were able to keep this a streamlined daypack with a low-profile, but also make it incredibly functional and more spacious compared to the K3 1800. A lot of guys that used a lid on the K3 1800 won't find themselves needing/preferring one on the K4 2200.

The K4 3600 Bag Only does not include a lid at $264. (We are not selling any of the K4 Bag Only options with a lid, but we have made it very affordable to add a lid, if needed.)

The K4 2200 Bag Only will also be $264. Obviously it is smaller than the 3600, but with the 2200's integrated lid pouch and the new zip access for the main compartment, the cost came out to be equal on those two bags.

I am excited for you guys to experience this built-in lid pocket on the 2200. Between that and the larger main bag volume, we were able to keep this a streamlined daypack with a low-profile, but also make it incredibly functional and more spacious compared to the K3 1800. A lot of guys that used a lid on the K3 1800 won't find themselves needing/preferring one on the K4 2200.
Awesome, thanks Mark! Super excited... a lid has been an odd sort of "security blanket" for me for years... love the snacks, tp, headlamp, etc. quick access... looking forward to trying the 2200 out!
Thanks!

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
I have found another advantage of the K4 frame design. Because the top cross stay of the frame is lower, it works better for putting a kid on ones shoulders.
This is very true. I strapped an Osprey Poco carrier to the frame. My daughter didn’t want to ride in the pack but my shoulders woes just right. She sat right between the stays.

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
Yes... 2200, Crib, & InReach Mini holder coming Friday.
Well crap I get paid next week. I guess I’ll have to wait.

Will there be accessory straps to go from the gram to the bag to strap horns/head? I’ll need those too.

duckhuntr

FNG

I'm sure this has been posted before, but when is potential release of hte 2200?

Was Thinking just coming by the shop later this summer to get a 5000 and having you all fit me for the new pack (assuming thats an option?).

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm sure this has been posted before, but when is potential release of hte 2200?

Was Thinking just coming by the shop later this summer to get a 5000 and having you all fit me for the new pack (assuming thats an option?).
2200 releasing tomorrow.

Happy to have you come by for fitting any time. We are open 8a-4:30p, Mon-Fri.

@Mark at EXO @Justin Crossley @Dioni A
The other brands I've used have a meat sling for in-between the pack and frame. Every single one of them. I was worried that my K4 doesnt have one and planned to get a crib, but so far I haven't seen my weight bags slide down. I think the upward angle of the straps is the reason...

So, if I am sandwiching two deer quarters or one elk quarter in between the frame and bag, am I wrong for thinking now that I don't need the crib? It would be nice to keep it simple like it is rather than have a bunch straps.

TheViking

WKR
The other brands I've used have a meat sling for in-between the pack and frame. Every single one of them. I was worried that my K4 doesnt have one and planned to get a crib, but so far I haven't seen my weight bags slide down. I think the upward angle of the straps is the reason...

So, if I am sandwiching two deer quarters or one elk quarter in between the frame and bag, am I wrong for thinking now that I don't need the crib? It would be nice to keep it simple like it is rather than have a bunch straps.

Don’t need the crib for meat, the straps will hold it down just fine. Packed out two elk quarters last year this way.

The crib is great for training all summer - no need to dirty, or get extra wear and tear on your bag.

Or it’s great if you take a load to the truck and want to come back ultralight and keep blood off your bag. Could grab quarters with just the crib.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved

My experience agrees with @TheViking and a crib is not needed for hauling meat.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin

It's an option that a lot of people really like but I haven't used one for quite a while and I've been very happy with the bags performance. I typically leave bone-in for the pack out which I think helps. If you're boning it out I think you can get the load a little bit more secure with the crib.

I use the crib for training to securely hold a sandbag. Its not needed because you can easily secure the sandbag between the bag and frame but for me it is just less wear and tear on the bag. I have a Blackhawk water bladder holder that fits nicely on the K3 crib and then I add the lid to keep things like keys and wallet in. Plan to do something similar with the K4 crib.

I have packed out several elk and a couple deer and never used the crib. Bone out meat bags fit nicely between the bags and frame. When packing elk quarter bone in I prefer to put the leg bone down which keeps the meaty portion of the quarter up around my shoulders and the quarter doesn’t ever slide down. Plus I don’t have a leg bone sticking a foot above my head.
ee21df16f2664038b007f09d3884bf15.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro