Exo Mountain K4?

Grooch611

FNG
Currently running a 30 litre OverBoard Dry Flat Bag between my bag and frame on the K3 3200, adds another 1800 CI, when needed. Also running a 6400 for 10-day trips. Hoping Exo comes out with a flat dry bag to run between the bag and frame. Thinking I can almost run a 5000 for everything, with a dry bag on the load shelf, when needed.

That works great. I use a Zpacks small bag liner for the same reason. Check them out if you want to shave some weight. I use it with my 1800 for 2-3 day trips
Stone Glacier has Load Cell Bag for that purpose. 2500cuin, 4.5oz.

You can buy the gun bearer in separate pieces now.
Id run the molle lower and the universal upper.
The full wrap strap is superior imo
As opposed to the molle up will probably pull out on the face. That would be hard on the stitching imo. Stitching holds better in sheer then tension.

The sg may be hard to adapter.

I wasn't a super fan of the gunbearer. I probably just need to play with it more.

I'll probably run the sg lower and just use a bag strap to hold the top.
That’s my plan, molle version on the bottom gun bearer and universal top, I’m a fan of the gun bearer for firearms and my bow, it’s the only hands free option in the brush, and it’s the fastest option I can imagine, bow or rifle, it’s as fast as carrying in hand, there is no faster carrying system I know of… with a bow, I bet it’s a couple seconds faster than carrying by the string, rifle is faster than a traditional sling… I understand they aren’t for everyone, but my packs all wear them all the time

I’m really excited to see these packs in person soon, and get one pre ordered, i have a feeling the k4 is “the” pack for my needs, time will tell, but I can’t wait to get one, and am happy it sounds like it will be before my spring hunts.🤞

Stone Glacier has Load Cell Bag for that purpose. 2500cuin, 4.5oz.
If I’m not mistaken though, not sure the load cell bag has ever been considered “waterproof” like some of the other true dry bags. If you truly need to keep those items dry. If not, it’s probably a great option that is sized well.

Would love to see Exo come up with their own version designed specifically to the dimensions of their pack.

If I’m not mistaken though, not sure the load cell bag has ever been considered “waterproof” like some of the other true dry bags. If you truly need to keep those items dry. If not, it’s probably a great option that is sized well.

Would love to see Exo come up with their own version designed specifically to the dimensions of their pack.

You're right. The SG load cell material is waterproof, but the seams are not taped or otherwise sealed, so you could get leakage at the seams.

You're right. The SG load cell material is waterproof, but the seams are not taped or otherwise sealed, so you could get leakage at the seams.
Didn’t realize the material was considered “waterproof” at all. I can seam seal the seams then and have a nice “waterproof” bag for other gear. Thanks for sharing your knowledge about that product. Would still be interested to see what Exo would come up with though.

Bendejo

Lil-Rokslider
It appears as though the molle panel on k4 ,like the 2" strap on the k3 are more or less the load bearing portions of the hip belt . Is the molle panel pretty tough material?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

It appears as though the molle panel on k4 ,like the 2" strap on the k3 are more or less the load bearing portions of the hip belt . Is the molle panel pretty tough material?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Yes, the material is incredibly tough. It's name is Squadron from Brookwood Companies. It is a 1000d Cordura laminated to a 500d Cordura. Its primary reason for existence is use in tactical armor vests. We have been using it since 2019 in our K3 Cribs and have prototyped it extensively.

eltaco

WKR
Yeah Dioni and Kyle have it right. The sizing gap between S, M and L is much smaller than in the past so we can get a perfect fit for the individual. I want the foam wrapping around the very front of the hips as far as possible but without going too far that you max out the belt under heavy loads. Having the correct fit really makes a huge difference.

Once you have the proper fit there is a lot of adjustability within that belt for adding layers, etc.

And like we have done in the past if your gain or lose weight we will sell extra belts well below the normal profit margin we put on other products. It's much more important to us that you have the correct hipbelt than trying to make a few extra dollars off selling you a new one. K4 belts are more complicated and more expensive to sew than K3 but they are still only $69 for a new hipbelt.

Hey Steve, is there an updated sizing chart available? I’m in a Small belt in a K3 with 32” waist now, curious if that places me in the same size in a K4 with the extra belt sizes.

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Steve, is there an updated sizing chart available? I’m in a Small belt in a K3 with 32” waist now, curious if that places me in the same size in a K4 with the extra belt sizes.
I wear a size small in the K3 and tried on the small on the K4 and it fit great. I’m a waist size 30 for reference.

Not yet but it will absolutely be available before the website goes live. Mark and I were actually working on a quiz today we are creating to help guide customers on to the perfect fit.

sr80

WKR
what type of material is used on the inside of the bag that is used to sandwich the load of meat between the bag and frame? I assume its the same as the previous bags and frames, but was just curious. Are the K4 lids similar to the K3's with the large and smaller separate zippered pockets? And thanks for answering all my questions Steve, really appreciate it. I guess we could all just wait till you release detailed videos but you know us hunters, were not the most patient group when we have our eyes on new gear! :)

FNG
An orange lid or panel would be sweet for the K4. I currently use the FHF panel for my K3 and it works okay but it would be nice to have one that is actually compatible with the pack.

what type of material is used on the inside of the bag that is used to sandwich the load of meat between the bag and frame? I assume its the same as the previous bags and frames, but was just curious. Are the K4 lids similar to the K3's with the large and smaller separate zippered pockets? And thanks for answering all my questions Steve, really appreciate it. I guess we could all just wait till you release detailed videos but you know us hunters, were not the most patient group when we have our eyes on new gear! :)

Material on the bag is 500d Cordura. There is also a secondary layer of 70d Ripstop inside that creates the water bladder pocket. That gives you two layers of fabric between your main gear and bloody meat.

Orange lids will 100% exist but will be this summer before they are out.

The lid ended up very similar to the K3 lid with the large main compartment and the small pocket on top.

I wear a size small in the K3 and tried on the small on the K4 and it fit great. I’m a waist size 30 for reference.
That’s helpful, thanks. I’m a 30-31” in almost all pants, and my small k3 belt fits well, I was curious how the k4 will differ.

I just want to get one pre ordered and don’t want to take much of their time at the show, because I know they will be busy, and I’m already 100% decided on the k4… don’t need to try one on at all if I know what belt size, I know it will be a great pack, because every generation of exo packs have been the most comfortable packs on me,,the k4 I trust will be too, the exo team has done an outstanding job of improving their packs every generation, rather than just a little different to increase sales with a new pack… the hype creates itself, they don’t have to create it.

That’s helpful, thanks. I’m a 30-31” in almost all pants, and my small k3 belt fits well, I was curious how the k4 will differ.

I just want to get one pre ordered and don’t want to take much of their time at the show, because I know they will be busy, and I’m already 100% decided on the k4… don’t need to try one on at all if I know what belt size, I know it will be a great pack, because every generation of exo packs have been the most comfortable packs on me,,the k4 I trust will be too, the exo team has done an outstanding job of improving their packs every generation, rather than just a little different to increase sales with a new pack… the hype creates itself, they don’t have to create it.

At 31" in pants you'll most likely be a small but lets definitely get on one on you at the show to make sure we get you into the correct size.

Not at all, the Gun bearer is a great system from what I have seen. I know a few guys running K4 prototypes were using them with good results.

I am working on a revised version of our current rifle carrier that is quick release but the gun will be behind the shoulder.
Would absolutely love a quick release rifle carrier behind the shoulder. I have the slik sling and I like it but it adds a lot of weight the the hip belt and creates sag. After wearing it for awhile you can definitely feel it in the shoulders and neck. So I would love an Exo one where the weight is more carried through the frame, maybe using the new molle where the Nalgene holder goes. I’m sure Steve has the idea better than I do.

@S&S ARCHERY

I heard you say in the video on Rokslide's YouTube that the 22" and 23.5" share the same frame fabric, and then the 25" and 26.5" is a different fabric. Are you saying that the size of the fabric is different or the material itself is different?

Also, it would be cool if the consumer could purchase the uppers and lowers separately so one lower could be used with two different frame sizes.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk