Exo Mountain K4?

Would there be the option of adjusting the curvature of the stays in order to get a more customized fit if it felt like the pack didn’t fit my back curvature quite right?
Idk if this has been addressed in previous posts but I haven’t seen it when I’ve been reading through.

You definitely could not adjust the shape of the carbon frame stays. As Justin mentioned you could buy some 5/8" wide by 1/4" Aluminum and bend up your own. I did a lot of prototyping with aluminum stays to get the shape perfected before we made the carbon stay molds. The performance was just fine they were just heavy, I think the set was 14oz vs the carbon stays come in at 6.2oz per set.

Im totally new to the Exo pack show, so i was watching the video steve put out explaining the K3 bags, 3200, 4800 and 6400. The new bags look pretty similar with exception to the side zipper pockets vs the cinch cord top opening on the k3 bags. The k4 3600/7200 would still have the top opening stretch panel i assume? Where as the 5k has the zippered access stretch panel.

The front stretch panel on the 3600 and 7200 has a zippered access in from the side instead of stuffing in from the top.

The reason I did this was really a design limitation. Since I had to move the main bag access zipper to the front panel (there wasn't enough room with the zippered side pockets now) that front stretch panel is a little more narrow and accessing from the top just wasn't functional.

We'll be posting up some more detailed videos this Wednesday going over everything.

For reference on sizing, at the show I grabbed a BTX 95 and it fit in the side pockets. Just had to put the objective up. It was a tight fit with the bag full of air but still got in there.

All the side pockets are identical in size between the 3 bags so it won’t matter which one you have it will fit.

E08395E7-FFD2-4D85-A2C4-3913FB9AED2D.jpegD12E01DB-6802-4D07-99C8-4794D9F5D123.jpeg

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
My daughter and I went to the expo and checked out the new K4 system and loved it. First, my daughter tried on a 22” Initial Ascent frame made for ladies with 35 pounds in it. She said it felt pretty good (she did have a little hip discomfort after 15 mins) and would consider it a possible option. I then took over to the Exo booth and she tried out a 22” K4 with 42 lbs in it. We proceeded to talk with the Exo crew for 20 mins, Jake asked her how she liked it and she then realized she still had it on. She experienced zero discomfort, noted the weight felt lighter than the IA, and she became an Exo fan. I ordered her the new K4, and she can not wait to go backpacking this summer, and pack out an elk this fall.
Exo knocked this one out of the park!

Last edited:
For reference on sizing, at the show I grabbed a BTX 95 and it fit in the side pockets. Just had to put the objective up. It was a tight fit with the bag full of air but still got in there.

All the side pockets are identical in size between the 3 bags so it won’t matter which one you have it will fit.

View attachment 512710View attachment 512711
Heck yeah, I like that! The zippered side pockets will be quite a bit more functional for me.. that makes it useful space for me, on my k2 3500 it’s pretty much a trekking pole pocket, the zippered pockets will be much more versatile for me. I could never really utilize the open top side pockets in the past

rclouse79

WKR
I just finished reading through all 37 pages. That was a marathon, but I am seriously considering getting one. My old pack still works, but after a decade plus it is getting very tired. It seems the 5000 is more popular than the 7200, but there is hardly any weight penalty for the bigger bag. I am leaning toward the 7200 so I have the extra capacity available, even if I never use it. They all seem to cinch down pretty well. I guess it would come down to if I prefer the horseshoe zip vs the zipper on one side. Luckily, I live in Boise so I will be able to stop by and check them out at some point.
It is not a deal breaker for me, but I probably would have picked the multicam if it were available. I forget, but was it mentioned that it might become available in the future?

Last edited:
I just finished reading through all 37 pages. That was a marathon, but I am seriously considering getting one. My old pack still works, but after a decade plus it is getting very tired. It seems the 5000 is more popular than the 7200, but there is hardly any weight penalty for the bigger bag. I am leaning toward the 7200 so I have the extra capacity available, even if I never use it. They all seem to cinch down pretty well. I guess it would come down to if I prefer the horseshoe zip vs the zipper on one side. Luckily, I live in Boise so I will be able to stop by and check them out at some point.
It is not a deal breaker for me, but I probably would have picked the multicam if it were available. I forget, but was it mentioned that it might become available in the future?

No plans for Multicam anytime soon. I imagine in the coming years we'll do so limited edition color runs like we've done in the past but certainly nothing planned. Just need to get through this year and we'll see from there.

Feel free to swing by anytime, we have K4 packs in the showroom now.

No plans for Multicam anytime soon. I imagine in the coming years we'll do so limited edition color runs like we've done in the past but certainly nothing planned. Just need to get through this year and we'll see from there.

Feel free to swing by anytime, we have K4 packs in the showroom now.
Any camo but first lite.

And I've noticed that the majority of ranger green adds says never packed meat.

So that's concerning. 🤔

View attachment 512811

I'm not sure if you know this, but I'm pretty sure this is a picture of you wearing first lite....
Hahaha I appreciate that. But Old news bro. I'm weeding more and more of my firstlite out. Its all short torso. Kuiu fits way better on me.

FL keeps lowering the military discount. And im not super into there angel donor.

And ill be damned if ill be caught wearing kuiu with a fusion pack 😆

You win the internet today, Dioni! LOL
I'm a poser that has only killed one big critter.
So that picture is old.

Long story. I just don't align with FL imo. Mostly fit. I put up with it cause I got it all on here for cheap.

And honestly from casual observation. Mostly of for sale adds on here.
Only 30% of people that buy ranger ever pack meat.
But that's probably just odds as they sell way more. Idk?

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
So that picture is old.

Long story. I just don't align with FL imo. Mostly fit. I put up with it cause I got it all on here for cheap.

I was just busting your chops as was Dioni.

The color of the pack or the camo someone wears has zero to do with their success rate. For what it's worth though, I'm not a fan of the First Lite camo either. Especially on the packs. But I'm sure Steve is choosing the colors based on what actually sells so it is what it is.

twall13

WKR

I guess I don't get your angle here. Are you saying the ranger green color is a reason for people not killing animals? Or just that it's a popular color for bad hunters like me? I like the ranger green and that's the color I'll go with when I buy the new K4. I'm far from the best hunter on this forum but my ranger green pack has hauled several deer and elk over the years. I guess everyone has their color preferences, no big deal to me one way or the other.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I guess I don't get your angle here. Are you saying the ranger green color is a reason for people not killing animals? Or just that it's a popular color for bad hunters like me? I like the ranger green and that's the color I'll go with when I buy the new K4. I'm far from the best hunter on this forum but my ranger green pack has hauled several deer and elk over the years. I guess everyone has their color preferences, no big deal to me one way or the other.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Idk no angle really. It is just something I have seemed to observe
Steve said they sell 10 to 1 so that's probably just the numbers. If there is 10 times more of them out there. Its 10 times more likely to not get used.

But im just superstitious enough to not buy one lol.
When you rely on luck you can't chance it.
I wore my lucky sitka pants until they rotted off of me.
And have threatened to carry a patch of those pants in my pocket like a rabbit foot.

I was just busting your chops as was Dioni.

The color of the pack or the camo someone wears has zero to do with their success rate. For what it's worth though, I'm not a fan of the First Lite camo either. Especially on the packs. But I'm sure Steve is choosing the colors based on what actually sells so it is what it is.
I know @Dioni A is a big meany😂

WhiskeyDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Didn't see this asked before, but it might have been.

Is there going to be a slurpy stalker option in the works for K4?

TheTone

WKR
So that picture is old.

Glad my RG is in that 30%