Exo Mountain K4?

Didn't see this asked before, but it might have been.

Is there going to be a slurpy stalker option in the works for K4?

Yes, there will be an updated version. The plan in my head is that it will connect to the new Crib and be a little more minimalistic than the current version. Probably this summer before it would be out.

The front stretch panel on the 3600 and 7200 has a zippered access in from the side instead of stuffing in from the top.

The reason I did this was really a design limitation. Since I had to move the main bag access zipper to the front panel (there wasn't enough room with the zippered side pockets now) that front stretch panel is a little more narrow and accessing from the top just wasn't functional.

We'll be posting up some more detailed videos this Wednesday going over everything.
Hi Steve, it'd be great to see all the different frame sizes with the bags and how one bag size fits. Can't wait for the additional information and looking forward to the launch.

sr80

WKR
Interesting in hearing more about the belt sizes, with so many belt sizes available. If a guy ads late season layers ( clothing ) or late season chub ( waist size increase of a size or two ) will the belt become too small essentially? Or is there going to be some leeway here? Most companies offer say a medium that will be good from 33-36 as an example.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Interesting in hearing more about the belt sizes, with so many belt sizes available. If a guy ads late season layers ( clothing ) or late season chub ( waist size increase of a size or two ) will the belt become too small essentially? Or is there going to be some leeway here? Most companies offer say a medium that will be good from 33-36 as an example.
It will easily accommodate that. Your just starting from a more accurate fit.

I think you'll still find the belt sizing to be true for most. I happen to be in the unicorn (greyhound, if you will....) category. I juuuust about maxed out the smell belt entirely, so had to drop down to the XS. That offered much more versatility to cinch it down (without bottoming out) in September, but enough leeway to add layers in October, November, etc.

@S&S ARCHERY
Steve,
Any chance you can increase the number of columns of molle on the hip belts by 1 or 2?

From the pictures I've seen from the Western Hunt Expo, with the Ivory Holster EMG mounted to the waist belt, there are no remaining molle available. I'd like to be able to mount an FHF nav pouch or mod up a cotton carrier to be able to mount my mirrorless cam on my waist belt.

thumbnail_image.png

ChrisAU

WKR
@S&S ARCHERY
Steve,
Any chance you can increase the number of columns of molle on the hip belts by 1 or 2?

From the pictures I've seen from the Western Hunt Expo, with the Ivory Holster EMG mounted to the waist belt, there are no remaining molle available. I'd like to be able to mount an FHF nav pouch or mod up a cotton carrier to be able to mount my mirrorless cam on my waist belt.

View attachment 513205

x2 - that is some valuable real estate

I’m curious on how to use some sort of rifle sling with this system. I am maybe different than others, but I really Iike a cradle on my right side and a quick release off the shoulder strap or somewhere nearby. My experience with Exo’s design was that it wasn’t any sort of quick release. I’m assuming this will remain true? Or has the gun carrier undergone a significant revamp to go along with the K4?

I’m curious on how to use some sort of rifle sling with this system. I am maybe different than others, but I really Iike a cradle on my right side and a quick release off the shoulder strap or somewhere nearby. My experience with Exo’s design was that it wasn’t any sort of quick release. I’m assuming this will remain true? Or has the gun carrier undergone a significant revamp to go along with the K4?
Just use one of the other ones.
Universal gun bearer, SG or Creative

My riflestock didn't fit the exo anyways.

Just use one of the other ones.
Universal gun bearer, SG or Creative

My riflestock didn't fit the exo anyways.
I have both of the SG and the Kifaru Gun Bearer. But they both (I think) require a strap fairly high up on the stays or frame sheet. Just curious if they will work with this set up. Haven’t looked that close.

You can buy the gun bearer in separate pieces now.
Id run the molle lower and the universal upper.
The full wrap strap is superior imo
As opposed to the molle up will probably pull out on the face. That would be hard on the stitching imo. Stitching holds better in sheer then tension.

The sg may be hard to adapter.

I wasn't a super fan of the gunbearer. I probably just need to play with it more.

I'll probably run the sg lower and just use a bag strap to hold the top.

Yeah Dioni and Kyle have it right. The sizing gap between S, M and L is much smaller than in the past so we can get a perfect fit for the individual. I want the foam wrapping around the very front of the hips as far as possible but without going too far that you max out the belt under heavy loads. Having the correct fit really makes a huge difference.

Once you have the proper fit there is a lot of adjustability within that belt for adding layers, etc.

And like we have done in the past if your gain or lose weight we will sell extra belts well below the normal profit margin we put on other products. It's much more important to us that you have the correct hipbelt than trying to make a few extra dollars off selling you a new one. K4 belts are more complicated and more expensive to sew than K3 but they are still only $69 for a new hipbelt.

@S&S ARCHERY
Steve,

View attachment 513205

The design limitation there is Small and X-small belts, neither of those have extra room for another row of Molle.

Even the Medium belt you can only add 1 extra row which really wouldn't do that much good. Large is the only size I could have added 2 rows and at that point I just elected to keep things simple and have that be 1 part we have to source.

Hopefully Steve doesn't smack me for saying this but with this new system you should be able to use the normal gun bearer now since there is molle.

Not at all, the Gun bearer is a great system from what I have seen. I know a few guys running K4 prototypes were using them with good results.

I am working on a revised version of our current rifle carrier that is quick release but the gun will be behind the shoulder.

The design limitation there is Small and X-small belts, neither of those have extra room for another row of Molle.

Even the Medium belt you can only add 1 extra row which really wouldn't do that much good. Large is the only size I could have added 2 rows and at that point I just elected to keep things simple and have that be 1 part we have to source.
Even 1 extra row would help in my case. I'm a medium belt by the way :)