Exo Mountain K4?

SLM

FNG
Steve, For the smaller bag please consider bringing back the padded zippered pocket along the top of the bag like on the K2 2000.

The K3 1800 bag design would be perfect with that pocket and a stretch front pocket (also like the K2 2000)

Either way, looking forward to the K4 regardless of bag size. 👍
I’d like to see something like the K2 2000 as well.

S.Clancy

WKR
I had the 2000 originally and the 1800 now. The 2k was a better design imo. Should have kept it.
The 2000 is such a great bag. I love the setup, and really wish they made a 3500 ish pack in the same configuration. I could prob get a week or so out a 3500, I get 3-4 days out of the 2000.

twall13

WKR
Apparently I haul too much crap with me. I currently have the 2000, but it's a daypack for me, not a 3-4 day pack. I do like the layout and would purchase another for the new k4 frame if it was a similar layout.

Hey Steve, is there lumbar pad going to be customizable like the K3 was? As in able to ad or remove foam/shims?

We don't have the shims anymore as they just aren't needed. K4 is designed a lot different and essentially has a shim built into it already. Just done in a different way than K3.

Certainly my suggestion would be just to buy the stock pack and then if you experience too much pressure in the lumbar reach out to us and we'll offer options from there. The new design is just really dialed in right out of the box that we found testers needing / wanting to customize how it felt was rare. Out of all the testers we only had 1 guy ask for a less dense lumbar foam.

We do plan to sell that less dense lumbar foam as an option but its sort of a wait and see thing. We'll let customer feedback dictate what we do over time.

The 2000 is such a great bag. I love the setup, and really wish they made a 3500 ish pack in the same configuration. I could prob get a week or so out a 3500, I get 3-4 days out of the 2000.

I'm definitely debating how I want to build the small bag, we get a handful of requests to bring back the 2000 bag design but we also get a lot of positive feedback on the 1800 as well. I'll probably try to combine the two picking the best features from both.

I think the crib, lid and pockets attached to the crib is going to be a great day pack option… especially for me, because if I have room in my day pack, I carry too much stuff.. it’s been a long time since I’ve carried less than a 25# pack for day hunts, not counting weapon or water… looking forward to being forced to have some self control on what I pack

I always justify it by knowing my body will adapt to the weight, but I also miss hunting light

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
Steve,

I’m sold on the pack and plan on ordering as soon as they are available. Quick question: I like to run a bow hook (typically Tarantula) similar to what Corey Jacobsen does. It is more for being hands free while stationary rather than packing the bow while hiking. Any particular set up work best with the newly designed hip belt? Thanks.

I think the crib, lid and pockets attached to the crib is going to be a great day pack option… especially for me, because if I have room in my day pack, I carry too much stuff.. it’s been a long time since I’ve carried less than a 25# pack for day hunts, not counting weapon or water… looking forward to being forced to have some self control on what I pack

I always justify it by knowing my body will adapt to the weight, but I also miss hunting light
I hadn’t really thought about that, but you are right. A lid, two pockets, a Nalgene bottle, and a gun sling. That would be a slick day pack set up!

Steve,

I’m sold on the pack and plan on ordering as soon as they are available. Quick question: I like to run a bow hook (typically Tarantula) similar to what Corey Jacobsen does. It is more for being hands free while stationary rather than packing the bow while hiking. Any particular set up work best with the newly designed hip belt? Thanks.
Are you talking just for calling and glassing but not for covering ground? If so, the third hand hip clip is excellent for that, and every archery hunter should have one. I keep mine on the left side of my bino harness CC3F687E-F91B-48A1-9CD2-A76C85427216.jpeg

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
Are you talking just for calling and glassing but not for covering ground? If so, the third hand hip clip is excellent for that, and every archery hunter should have one. I keep mine on the left side of my bino harness
Yes. Had never considered running one on the harness. Something to think about. Thanks.

Yes. Had never considered running one on the harness. Something to think about. Thanks.
I have mounted them on my waist belt in the past as well, I just got sick of it constantly filling with salmonberry leaves, and for the purpose, I assume have it on my bino harness, and it holds a compound just fine.

Those hip clips are one of those things I didn’t know I needed until I got one, now I couldn’t live without one

A little off topic but i appreciate Exo pushing less is more on pack size. In a day when most companies and influencer hunters are using 7000 - 8000 ci packs, Steve just showed us how to pack 10 days days in a 3200.
As I get older it’s nice to keep weight off belly and weight off pack.

Now I get it is you are packing camera gear and a pack raft etc, but most guys are using light weight gear and packing minimal.

TheViking

WKR
A little off topic but i appreciate Exo pushing less is more on pack size. In a day when most companies and influencer hunters are using 7000 - 8000 ci packs, Steve just showed us how to pack 10 days days in a 3200.
As I get older it’s nice to keep weight off belly and weight off pack.

Now I get it is you are packing camera gear and a pack raft etc, but most guys are using light weight gear and packing minimal.

I love the 3000 series they’ve made, but I love the horseshoe zipper and stretch pocket better, so I run the 4800/5000 series.

I still don’t understand why they don’t put that on all of the packs. The vast majority of people I would say agree with this.

I love the 3000 series they’ve made, but I love the horseshoe zipper and stretch pocket better, so I run the 4800/5000 series.

I still don’t understand why they don’t put that on all of the packs. The vast majority of people I would say agree with this.
Weight, wear item, makes the stretch pocket on the back smaller.
I don't want the horse shoe.

SLM

FNG

Obviously can’t please everyone, but I’d love the horseshoe zipper as well.

Yeah man definitely Seems like a lot of guys like the horseshoe but I’m on the other side. Give me simple side zip. Last year while using 4800 I had my truck keys stashed in the inside zip pock of the horseshoe zipper. I unzipped and the unzipped panel fell back into the mud getting all contents of that zip stash pocket muddy. Again, not the end of the world but one example of why I don’t like it. The other is I don’t like how the zipper works around the top curve. Straight zipper is much smoother less finicky.

twall13

WKR
I like the idea of the horseshoe zipper, but I find that I don't really take full advantage of it in the field so I'm probably better off without it. Just the way I pack and access the bag I don't really need it.

I'm still a little undecided on which bag to get at this point as I like the size of the 5000 but I think the layout and weight of the 3600 might fit my needs better for most hunts. Just deciding if I can live with a food bag between the bag and frame on occasion if needed.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk