Exo Mountain K4?

At risk of people calling me a liar I honestly think I was north of 150lbs. Whole deer bone in with head and cape roughly 100lbs, Pack 95mm swaro with tripod all my camping stuff and gear 40+ lbs rifle 10 lbs
Nope that sounds about right! I did the same thing this year, bone in with camp and rifle and weighed 147lbs. I didn't have a spotter with me either so that would add a few pounds, especially the spotter you carry! Still using a 95mm?

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
Nope that sounds about right! I did the same thing this year, bone in with camp and rifle and weighed 147lbs. I didn't have a spotter with me either so that would add a few pounds, especially the spotter you carry! Still using a 95mm?
I pretty much pack it everywhere for every hunt now.

House21

FNG
At risk of people calling me a liar I honestly think I was north of 150lbs. Whole deer bone in with head and cape roughly 100lbs, Pack 95mm swaro with tripod all my camping stuff and gear 40+ lbs rifle 10 lbs.
I believe it, I done the same thing in a horn hunter pack and that sucked so much. By the end of it I more or less had it secured to the frame with paradord because all the buckles kept breaking. Weight on my meat scale when I got home it was right at 156lbs and that was the last time I ever hauled meat in that pack

I believe it, I done the same thing in a horn hunter pack and that sucked so much. By the end of it I more or less had it secured to the frame with paradord because all the buckles kept breaking. Weight on my meat scale when I got home it was right at 156lbs and that was the last time I ever hauled meat in that pack
I learned pretty quick when I was using a horn hunter full curl that extra buckles were necessary, haha

I carried my heaviest loads I have carried with that pack, several occasions I had half of a roosie (bone in) on my horn hunter, and once 2 hams and the back straps… I don’t push it that hard anymore with any pack… a front and hind (bone in) or hind and back straps are about as much as I want to carry any distance… I assume I packed very close to, if not a little over my body weight a few times with my full curl, and before I switched out all of the buckles, I was always blowing them up.

I still recommend it for the price, but also disclaim you need to pack spare buckles. It was a heavy clunky pack, but it did do well with heavy loads. I liked just the frame with the batwing pockets for day hunting, but I certainly don’t miss it, haha. If they improved their zippers and buckles they are still a good budget option, but the shoulder straps and belt held pine needles like crazy, not comfortable empty, was hot, and heavy as heck, I liked it a lot more than the kuiu I was wearing before that

Sure made me appreciate my next pack, an exo skeleton, that was half the weight, super comfortable, and no buckles blowing up hauling weight, haha

Now look at the hotrod options we have for packs😉

House21

FNG
I learned pretty quick when I was using a horn hunter full curl that extra buckles were necessary, haha

I carried my heaviest loads I have carried with that pack, several occasions I had half of a roosie (bone in) on my horn hunter, and once 2 hams and the back straps… I don’t push it that hard anymore with any pack… a front and hind (bone in) or hind and back straps are about as much as I want to carry any distance… I assume I packed very close to, if not a little over my body weight a few times with my full curl, and before I switched out all of the buckles, I was always blowing them up.

I still recommend it for the price, but also disclaim you need to pack spare buckles. It was a heavy clunky pack, but it did do well with heavy loads. I liked just the frame with the batwing pockets for day hunting, but I certainly don’t miss it, haha. If they improved their zippers and buckles they are still a good budget option, but the shoulder straps and belt held pine needles like crazy, not comfortable empty, was hot, and heavy as heck, I liked it a lot more than the kuiu I was wearing before that

Sure made me appreciate my next pack, an exo skeleton, that was half the weight, super comfortable, and no buckles blowing up hauling weight, haha

Now look at the hotrod options we have for packs😉
The one thing I will say about the horn hunter is they sent me new buckles really quick which is not something I’m use to up in Canada. Been running a mystery ranch Pinter since then which hasn’t been bad but not great either.

Now to step up and try something else, leaning towards the K4 or Kifaru but again living in Canada makes it nearly impossible to try them all on first, but from what I’m reading I’m sure I’ll be happier and my back will especially be happier with either lol.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
With the new bags having side pocket zips - i see you still ran your tripod outside that pocket when packing out a full deer. Would that tripod have fit in the side pocket zipped with a full load?
Most would. I'm running pretty big tripods now and haven't tried to put it in. I prefer having it clipped on the outside. The side pockets are now functionally larger than the old top load in every way but length.
If it fit in your old one and isn't taller than the pack it should fit now.

I have a question, if you have a 25” frame, could you put the 23.5” stays in the same frame or is it broken down into 2 frames, 22”/23.5 and 25/26.5”?

And how quick/easy is it to swap out stays?

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
I have a question, if you have a 25” frame, could you put the 23.5” stays in the same frame or is it broken down into 2 frames, 22”/23.5 and 25/26.5”?

And how quick/easy is it to swap out stays?
2 different sizes with 4 different stays. They're super easy to swap. Similar to flipping the adjustable inserter on the k3