Exo Mountain K4?

prm

WKR
The belt and shoulder straps have been updated. Belt slippage was one of the things Steve was focused on with this belt.

I've been using the biggest bag on (I think) a 25" frame, and I like the height of it. Not sure what the frame height is in that photo above. My favorite bag of all time, the Kifaru Timberline, has a tall snow collar like in the photo above, and it's great when you have a huge load because it keeps the weight where it should be. The shape of this bag is very similar to that imo.

View attachment 501721
Pack blah, blah, whatever. That’s a nice deer!

The belt and shoulder straps have been updated. Belt slippage was one of the things Steve was focused on with this belt.

I've been using the biggest bag on (I think) a 25" frame, and I like the height of it. Not sure what the frame height is in that photo above. My favorite bag of all time, the Kifaru Timberline, has a tall snow collar like in the photo above, and it's great when you have a huge load because it keeps the weight where it should be. The shape of this bag is very similar to that imo.

View attachment 501721
Agree, it might be tall but it’s tall for a reason. I hate saggy bags, they can make a good frame feel like crap with some weight.

That load looks to ride textbook in that picture… looks heavy too!

I was asked about how the belt shape compares to Kifaru (one of the best belts ever made) so I took a photo to showthe comparison.

Left Kifaru, Middle K3, Right K4.

View attachment 501831
Though all improvements are incremental at this point for all of the top pack companies, the k4 looks to be the biggest change from it’s predecessor, and the changes all look good… all versions of exo have been comfortable on me, both light and heavy, but the k4 looks awesome.

For sure going to the pdx sportsman show to get my name on a list… probably been 8-10yrs since I went

The water bottle holder position and it having foam in it sounds great
I don’t use nalgenes anymore because they are a pain in the ass to reach, I’m going to try one of these and hope I can reach the bottle, because I don’t like bladders either, they gross me out a bit because I’m not good at keeping them clean, so a functional bottle holster would be nice… and would probably get my pistol off of my waist belt and into a razco on my harness (gonna anyway since they finally built one for the hellcat)

I think I’m fanboying out on the k4 a little, haha… oh well

sr80

WKR
I was asked about how the belt shape compares to Kifaru (one of the best belts ever made) so I took a photo to show the comparison.

Left Kifaru, Middle K3, Right K4.

View attachment 501831
that K4 belt looks to be nice and wide where it needs to be ( nearest to the lumbar and not too wide up front where it will restrict or cut off flow in the front ) looks like a great belt / lumbar design.

that K4 belt looks to be nice and wide where it needs to be ( nearest to the lumbar and not too wide up front where it will restrict or cut off flow in the front ) looks like a great belt / lumbar design.

I am very happy with how the belt turned out. I had the belt even wider on the prototypes we ran in 2021 but there is definitely a point where they get too wide and restrict movement. I trimmed them up a little for the 22' prototypes and they were great.

choovhntr

WKR
Got my preorder in a few days ago for the 7k bag and most of the accessories. The bag is tall for sure, but it looks so narrow in those pictures because they put pleats in the side pockets which really help to suck them in when not in use. Coming from a k2, I really felt like this frame kept the weight up high so much better due to the redesigned belt. I’m excited to put it to use in the seasons to come.

We are just taking pre-orders at the trade shows we are going to. The next ones will be Hunt Expo and Pacific NW Sportsmans show. Website should go live with all the K4 stuff in late March.

Steve

Ate you referring to the western hunting expo that's in SLC on Feb 2nd?