Exo Mountain K4?

Will there be any sales on old K3 inventory when this pack goes live? Also if you don’t mind sharing what do you think the discounted rates would be.

I’d love to get a pack, but the current rates are way too high for my budget.

I do not anticipate any sales of K3 packs before K4 launches. As I mentioned above we'll continue to support K3 for the next handful of years so there isn't really any reason for us to try and move K3 inventory at a discount.

If you are looking for a good deal on a pack we always have Demo packs for sale. They are either slightly used or cosmetic blemish packs. Just email us and we'll let you know what we have on hand.

Steve

JNDEER

WKR
We will have K4 packs available to see, put on and pre- order at Sheep show here in a few weeks and also at Hunt Expo in early February. The website won't go live until late March for orders but when we do go live we'll have packs in inventory and ready to go for immediate shipping. We are using these two shows as trial runs / test samples to help us see how sales will break out between all the new options. Getting this data we'll then be able to adjust production so when the website goes live inventory will match as close as possible to how sales will break out. We will also be measuring customers waist sizes and torso lengths at the shows so we can get the fitting charts as accurate as possible for customers buying online.

Would it be beneficial for someone to make an effort to attend one of these two shows in order to get properly fitted (especially if they are not a standard shape 5’10” - 6’ and a 32”-36” waist kinda guy) and any other perks of the pre-ordering??

We have tracked this issue for the last couple years pretty closely trying to pinpoint exactly what body shapes lend themselves to people having the slipping issue with K3's. I was hoping to find a constant theme so I could more specifically address the issue in the K4 design. Unfortunately I was unable to find anything that was a constant. Roughly 15% of people experience some minor slipping which can almost always be addressed by our stiffer lumbar pad option and the shim kit (https://exomtngear.com/collections/accessories/products/k3-lumbar-kit)

This kit creates more lumbar pressure / contact with the lumbar area and helps limit any slipping. The opposite is true for the majority of guys though, it creates too much lumbar pressure and can be uncomfortable.

Of that 15-20% there is a much smaller percentage of guys where it doesn't matter what we do the pack will slide down on them once loaded. They seem to be skinnier, have bony hips, a very flat lumbar area and no butt.

In designing K4 my goal was to address this issue for those guys while not creating an issue for the majority of guys the K3 rides very well on. So far I am very happy with the results.
Great.. you described me.. 😂 I am 6’3”190#, skinny, with a flat back, and no butt syndrome.
Nonetheless I will be throwing my money at the K4!

I believe the bag sizes will be 3600, 5000, and 7200. A 2000ush size bag may be added in the summer.

For me the 5000 looks like it had the most features, etc and will be a good “do it all” size for what I do.
That’s what I’m getting, and agree

This may have been addressed already, just spent the last hour reading through this thread and don’t think I saw it. Will the new K4 bags have universal stash pocket attachments on the interior? I have never owned an EXO, my brother has the K3 though and I just know the current stash pockets use a buckle vs just a loop on the inside. I have a bunch or Kifaru pull out bags with small clips on them and would like to attach them to simple loops on the interior of the bag if possible?

This may have been addressed already, just spent the last hour reading through this thread and don’t think I saw it. Will the new K4 bags have universal stash pocket attachments on the interior? I have never owned an EXO, my brother has the K3 though and I just know the current stash pockets use a buckle vs just a loop on the inside. I have a bunch or Kifaru pull out bags with small clips on them and would like to attach them to simple loops on the interior of the bag if possible?
It hasn't been addressed with the K4 that I remember.
But the K3 actually has 3/4" loops.
The buckle is a split. So they only buckled in/out after installation.
I couldn't imagine them going away from this.
20230103_200110.jpg

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m a smaller version (6’ 160#) and short torso for my height, I’m all legs😂
I bet it could be worse. Friend of mine is 6 feet tall, but she uses on XS Osprey frame for backpacking, and gets a decent load lifter angle with it.

I believe Steve said water bottle pocket will be available

Yes, and it is shown in some photos. Its also the best design Ive seen on a hip belt. It attached at an angle on right where the shoulder strap meets the hip belt. This helps prevent belt sag and also get it out of your arms way. Its these small but simple designs with Exo that really are separating them.

judders87

Lil-Rokslider
It hasn't been addressed with the K4 that I remember.
But the K3 actually has 3/4" loops.
The buckle is a split. So they only buckled in/out after installation.
I couldn't imagine them going away from this.
View attachment 495955
Interested as well if they do decide to keep this design. I've got a few and want to know if they'll go in the K4 or not.

I bet it could be worse. Friend of mine is 6 feet tall, but she uses on XS Osprey frame for backpacking, and gets a decent load lifter angle with it.
Right now I’m using a duplex lite and k2 with a k3 belt, and both are excellent under a heavy load. I wear my waist belt a little higher than most, and have had no slippage with either, same with the k1, it carried well too. I do have some booty though.

I was getting a really painful rash last year with the duplex lite that was always caused by salmonberry thorns or blackberry thorns that I wouldn’t notice until it was bad, my exo doesn’t seem to trap brush debris on the lumbar, and when it did I knew it right away so I could clear it before it got all welted and sore…. The exo platform has always been the most comfortable on me, and extremely close to the duplex lite with a heavy load

I've never been more excited about a pack. And I own a lot of packs
Same, I really despise going to shows, but I think I’ll go to the Portland show just to get my name on the list… hate the crowds, and Portland even worse, but think I’ll tough it out and go.

Probably going to sell my kifaru frame and bags next week to make room for the k4 and use my k2 until I can get my hands on the k4

Everyone looking to get a k4 should just get an akek for now to make sure there are no bugs to work out 😉