Exo Mountain K4?

Would it be beneficial for someone to make an effort to attend one of these two shows in order to get properly fitted (especially if they are not a standard shape 5’10” - 6’ and a 32”-36” waist kinda guy) and any other perks of the pre-ordering??

Certainly having one of us get the pack fitted just right for you can be beneficial but I would not say it's necessary by any means. We should have really solid fitting / sizing charts built up by the time we go live on the website. I'll also be shooting a handful of videos on how to fit the pack with tips and tricks that will be up before you can order on the website.

This may have been addressed already, just spent the last hour reading through this thread and don’t think I saw it. Will the new K4 bags have universal stash pocket attachments on the interior? I have never owned an EXO, my brother has the K3 though and I just know the current stash pockets use a buckle vs just a loop on the inside. I have a bunch or Kifaru pull out bags with small clips on them and would like to attach them to simple loops on the interior of the bag if possible?

The Stash pocket is not changing in design so it will carry over from K3.

prm

WKR
Look forward to seeing pics and more details. I was pretty much set on another brand, but looking more into EXO has me intrigued. I use the load shelf all the time so easy access is something I desire. I assume the K4 will be as simple as the K3.

Will the new K4 have a water bottle pocket on the belt?

Yes, we have a Nalgene holster that mounts to either side of the hipbelt. This by far has been the most popular accessory among the K4 testers, it performs really well.

I designed it with a stiff foam insert so the bottle is easy to get in and out. It also has an elastic binding on the top edge that prevents the bottle from falling out when you bend over. It mounts at an angle for easy access and tucks nicely away towards the back of the hipbelt, you really don't know it's there until you reach back to grab the nalgene.

Lastly, the Molle connection it attaches too is sewn to a plastic wing that extends out from behind the lumbar pad. The weight of a full nalgene gets transferred back into the frame and isn't felt on the hipbelt at all.

SteveIMG_5800.jpg

Look forward to seeing pics and more details. I was pretty much set on another brand, but looking more into EXO has me intrigued. I use the load shelf all the time so easy access is something I desire. I assume the K4 will be as simple as the K3.

I was actually able to simplify the bag connection the frame even more than K3. It just takes a few seconds to do.

We'll be posting more pics and details here in the coming weeks.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, we have a Nalgene holster that mounts to either side of the hipbelt. This by far has been the most popular accessory among the K4 testers, it performs really well.

I designed it with a stiff foam insert so the bottle is easy to get in and out. It also has an elastic binding on the top edge that prevents the bottle from falling out when you bend over. It mounts at an angle for easy access and tucks nicely away towards the back of the hipbelt, you really don't know it's there until you reach back to grab the nalgene.

Lastly, the Molle connection it attaches too is sewn to a plastic wing that extends out from behind the lumbar pad. The weight of a full nalgene gets transferred back into the frame and isn't felt on the hipbelt at all.

SteveView attachment 498844
It's my favorite accessory! Probably because I've been asking for a bottle pocket since the K2! Lol

SteveView attachment 498844
This appears to be the K4 3500. Looks like a center zip. fantastic looking pack. I have a feeling this will be the same layout with the 7000. My my guess the 5000 will have more features.

Same, I really despise going to shows, but I think I’ll go to the Portland show just to get my name on the list… hate the crowds, and Portland even worse, but think I’ll tough it out and go.

Probably going to sell my kifaru frame and bags next week to make room for the k4 and use my k2 until I can get my hands on the k4

Everyone looking to get a k4 should just get an akek for now to make sure there are no bugs to work out 😉
We can brave Portland together if it means checking the K4 out 😅

sivart

WKR
after having side zips, I much prefer that to the center zip. You can access the bag without having to detach whatever you have strapped to the pack. I.E. my bow, spotter, or layers.

Not sure if this was answered but looks like the top of the frame will slot into a small "pockets" on the pack? (ie Stone Glacier)?

sr80

WKR
Not my pics, but a friend of mine is there and i had him send me these..not sure which size bag this is.

cckcetz.jpg

BO0ctSu.jpg

mp574PJ.jpg

CIVVWAw.jpg

QslgFBH.jpg

mD7x2t2.jpg

sivart

WKR
lot of questions. Was the belt changed from the K3, other than the molle? shoulder straps? Trying to figure our what is different.

md126

WKR
Love the look of the frame but man that bag is TALL, even if it is the biggest one. I hope that's just the way the pics make it look...

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
lot of questions. Was the belt changed from the K3, other than the molle? shoulder straps? Trying to figure our what is different.

The belt and shoulder straps have been updated. Belt slippage was one of the things Steve was focused on with this belt.

Love the look of the frame but man that bag is TALL, even if it is the biggest one. I hope that's just the way the pics make it look...

I've been using the biggest bag on (I think) a 25" frame, and I like the height of it. Not sure what the frame height is in that photo above. My favorite bag of all time, the Kifaru Timberline, has a tall snow collar like in the photo above, and it's great when you have a huge load because it keeps the weight where it should be. The shape of this bag is very similar to that imo.

Exo With Buck.jpg