Exo Mountain K4?

Adrian C

FNG
Any chance of some teaser pics of the 7000 bag Steve? How do the zip/pocket designs differ to the 5000? Will we see the horseshoe style design for the 7000?

Is the 3600 bag going to have a horseshoe zipper or the single straight zipper like on the 3200?

sr80

WKR
I like where you put the zipper for the lid. Seems like a lot of the packs ive used the zipper is on the back side, so when you open the lid stuff wants to fall out, unless you lay the pack down on the frame/suspension side, which i don't like doing because it gets wet, or dirty or full of debris and then gets all over your back. Maybe thats where you've always put your lid zippers, but ive never really looked at exo's this deeply before. Its looking like a great pack and great design! You're gonna sell a ton of these im betting!

Last edited:

md126

WKR
Thanks for the pics!

Any good pics from the testers or from the shows of the K4 5000 compressed down into “day hunting” mode?

Although I probably will end up with the 5000 as it's a great overall size for up to 7 - 8 day hunts, I do like the side full length zipper on the 3600 and 7000. I bet the 3600 will be close to 4200 with a lid, and I could probably get 5 - 6 days in that pack.

Since there is pre orders at shows, anyone have a price for the k4 5k system?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Although I probably will end up with the 5000 as it's a great overall size for up to 7 - 8 day hunts, I do like the side full length zipper on the 3600 and 7000. I bet the 3600 will be close to 4200 with a lid, and I could probably get 5 - 6 days in that pack.
If I was just getting one bag to start, I would have a hard time deciding between the 3600 and 5k, and am not sold either way yet, but I’m thinking the 5k and a crib panel setup like the one pictured above will cover me for this year… I’m still not set on the 5k, but leaning that way, I will decide at the show when I see both in person. It’s not often that I run out of room on my 3500 bag (k2)… regardless, I want the crib panel for day hunting roosies, it should be similar to a Stryker in use, without the floppy-ness… I usually don’t need much with me in September on the coast.

I personally like the tapered bags, especially when you aren’t packing much. I usually cinch up the bottom of the bag so everything doesn’t end up at the lowest point in the bag, but we all obviously have our preferences.

prm

WKR
I think I am in the 3600 camp. When I pack in for 4-5 days I put my camp (sleeping bag, pad, stove, any extra clothes, and food) in a separate bag on the load shelf. All my day hunting gear is in the pack bag (water purification, first aid, kill kit, misc stuff bag, ammo, snack). That also helps for the occasions where a family member has horses. I just pull the camp bag out and put in on a horse while I keep all my critical items with me. No thinking or re-organizing, very simple. I do not prefer having thousands of cu in of empty bag while hunting. Clearly some designs manage the excess better than others. I can't speak to the EXO bags yet. The 3600 should be big enough to allow for some flexibility without being a mess.

Last edited:
Is the pack still tapered towards the bottom?

I went with a lot less aggressive taper than the K3 bags, so there is more volume down there now, but it's still there. I like the advantages it offers. Weight distribution in regards to how the pack is loaded is very overlooked in my opinion. The tapered bag forces gear to sit up higher in the pack rather than having everything slump to the bottom.

Thanks for the pics!

Any good pics from the testers or from the shows of the K4 5000 compressed down into “day hunting” mode?

Everything is pretty much identical to current K3 bags, when empty they compress neatly and tightly down to the frame. I'll post pics when back from SHOT show.