Everyone ready for lockdown 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you a healthcare worker that's being told that? Honest question because I work in healthcare and have been waiting for this to come down the pipe. I'll quit and move to alaska and build a hut to live in and they can kiss my furry eskimo buttox.

Still voluntary in my system but a friend's hospital 70 miles away has announced it will be mandatory. Gonna lose a bunch of folks it sounds like. Hard to understand that when help is so hard to come by right now.

Getting the shot was an easy choice for me. Cared for enough guys who looked a lot like me to feel like it was worth it.

Still voluntary in my system but a friend's hospital 70 miles away has announced it will be mandatory. Gonna lose a bunch of folks it sounds like. Hard to understand that when help is so hard to come by right now.

Getting the shot was an easy choice for me. Cared for enough guys who looked a lot like me to feel like it was worth it.
I'm at the point in my life where in my mind getting the vaccine is a greater health risk than getting the virus. Besides the fact that I'm naturally immunized by getting the covid. And like many other people, I hardly new I had it.

Yes I have seen many people come through the ER doors that are sick with covid. I have also seen many people come through those doors that are sick with alot of other things. Sometime life sucks. Its unfortunate but people die. Take common sense precautions by all means. If you feel that getting vaccinated is best for you, get vaccinated. I have never been on board with this vaccine and the harder they push it the harder I will resist.

People like to talk a big game and say they will shoot government workers who bang down their doors to take their guns, or quit their jobs if they have to take a covid vaccine. The fact is the vast majority of people will cave. I might cave too, I have to feed my family. But I sure as hell hope it doesn't come to that.

In many rural USA healthcare facilities, they/we are having trouble with staffing as it is. I don't know that a hospital would actually mandate the vaccine to work there. But then again if they did I bet they would only lose a very small percentage of employees. Very sad.

This is just me rambling. Sorry

I'm at the point in my life where in my mind getting the vaccine is a greater health risk than getting the virus. Besides the fact that I'm naturally immunized by getting the covid. And like many other people, I hardly new I had it.

Yes I have seen many people come through the ER doors that are sick with covid. I have also seen many people come through those doors that are sick with alot of other things. Sometime life sucks. Its unfortunate but people die. Take common sense precautions by all means. If you feel that getting vaccinated is best for you, get vaccinated. I have never been on board with this vaccine and the harder they push it the harder I will resist.

People like to talk a big game and say they will shoot government workers who bang down their doors to take their guns, or quit their jobs if they have to take a covid vaccine. The fact is the vast majority of people will cave. I might cave too, I have to feed my family. But I sure as hell hope it doesn't come to that.

In many rural USA healthcare facilities, they/we are having trouble with staffing as it is. I don't know that a hospital would actually mandate the vaccine to work there. But then again if they did I bet they would only lose a very small percentage of employees. Very sad.

Our vet, who is a super intelligent guy, will not get the vaccine. Before he was a vet, he was a pharmacist. He will tell you flat out that a vaccine should not have the kind of side effects these exhibit.

Make your own choice and live with the consequences. Shit happens, and then you die.

Ramble away. My friend worked 30 years in the lab of a major hospital and they are definitely going to require it. Start losing people and they might reconsider. Problem being there is massive demand for workers. Travel assignments are way easy for all fields.

For me watching otherwise healthy people go from baseline to trached and pegged, over and over and over made it easy for me. Plenty of people had no problems, but I made it through that whole mess without getting it, so the shot made sense. My wife and both sons still at home got it, but the one who was caring for infected patients more days than not didn't. I also have the highest chance of serious complications.

Ramble away. My friend worked 30 years in the lab of a major hospital and they are definitely going to require it. Start losing people and they might reconsider. Problem being there is massive demand for workers. Travel assignments are way easy for all fields.

For me watching otherwise healthy people go from baseline to trached and pegged, over and over and over made it easy for me. Plenty of people had no problems, but I made it through that whole mess without getting it, so the shot made sense. My wife and both sons still at home got it, but the one who was caring for infected patients more days than not didn't. I also have the highest chance of serious complications.
Just to clarify, I'm not arguing, I agree with most everything your saying. Although, and maybe because were a small facility and just don't see the volume, but I have yet to see an "otherwise healthy" person come down with serious symptoms from covid. I wish I could give examples of the cases that I have seen.

First off, we have to come up with a definition of "healthy". That's different in everyone's vocabulary. How many people are actually healthy, meaning fit, get regular exercise, don't live a sedentary lifestyle, eat good solid organic foods, etc. Then we can go from there. Even the rare case study that makes the news of "Aspiring college athlete catches covid and dies"... I can't help but think there was an underlying condition. That being said, I caught the covid over Christmas 2020 and 7 months later can still only taste and smell about 20% of what I could before. It is an atypical virus that's for sure.

Side note: They are recruiting travelers in nearly every neighboring hospital to ours. We just got done with 2, and are now (fortunately for the time being) fully staffed. Are they going to risk additional staffing shortages? Maybe in the name of "heroically" taking a stand.

Just to clarify, I'm not arguing, I agree with most everything your saying. Although, and maybe because were a small facility and just don't see the volume, but I have yet to see an "otherwise healthy" person come down with serious symptoms from covid. I wish I could give examples of the cases that I have seen.

First off, we have to come up with a definition of "healthy". That's different in everyone's vocabulary. How many people are actually healthy, meaning fit, get regular exercise, don't live a sedentary lifestyle, eat good solid organic foods, etc. Then we can go from there. Even the rare case study that makes the news of "Aspiring college athlete catches covid and dies"... I can't help but think there was an underlying condition. That being said, I caught the covid over Christmas 2020 and 7 months later can still only taste and smell about 20% of what I could before. It is an atypical virus that's for sure.

Side note: They are recruiting travelers in nearly every neighboring hospital to ours. We just got done with 2, and are now (fortunately for the time being) fully staffed. Are they going to risk additional staffing shortages? Maybe in the name of "heroically" taking a stand.

I don't take this conversation as argumentative in the least. Hope I'm not coming off like that. I just wanted to share that some facilities are starting to require it. We shall see if they can handle staffing loss.

Shortage of RN's nationwide right now. Covid burned out a lot of people.

I typically don't talk about covid online any more. Most people have their mind made up and after so many of these conversations at work I'm a little burned out on it. I just hope for everyone, vaccinated or not, that they don't have to suffer through the worst that this thing has to offer. Can't even put into words how disheartened I would be if there was another surge. It was a horrible experience for me and a fantastic group of people I care for very much.

I know three teenagers here that work at different Chick Fil A's. They're all quality kids. They don't need a livable wage, these are entry level positions in fast food. They just needed a job while in high school, and Chick Fil A is a pretty decent employer as far as fast food goes. There are many fast food joints these days that I wouldn't go into if they were giving their food away.......they've really gone to crap. And you can also see the kind of employees those places seem to attract.

Exactly right. They hire friendly helpful, respectful, well-groomed, smiling, caring young folks (mostly that i see) and that seems to resonate with middle-America - who would have thought. One of the few restaurants I will encourage my teenager to work at when she hits the minimum age.

Another lockdown would be nothing but "Anti-Science". Cases may go back up, but the virus is no longer a real statistical threat.

Wow. Ana amazing chart. Yes, I have heard mild panic that teh Delta variant is "targeting younger people" =- well, when you have a huge number of older folks vaccinated, they younger folks are all that's left!

Exactly right. They hire friendly helpful, respectful, well-groomed, smiling, caring young folks (mostly that i see) and that seems to resonate with middle-America - who would have thought. One of the few restaurants I will encourage my teenager to work at when she hits the minimum age.

This was my point exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

considering my area has some of the longest lockdown measures anywhere, i feel somewhat used to it sadly. nice that we're finally opening back up though. just in time to miss a good portion of the summer hahah.

This thread might be the craziest thread on RS in ages…murder hornets, Costco chicken supply chains, hiring practices of Chick-fil-A, and random jackwagons bragging about how they hope to contribute to the next covid surge. Rock on!
This is what the general thread category is all about . . . And keeps things lively during the slow seasons!

У меня нет побочных эффектов от вакцины.
Chick fil a ограничивает вас небольшим количеством франшиз, чтобы не потерять фокус на качестве ;)

This may go down as one of the saddest episodes in American medical history, with the vast majority of medical personnel having let themselves be neutered by gov't, and a good majority of the population that has been neutered by the media. Fear is a powerful thing, and is good at preventing people from questioning authority, even when that authority lacks common sense.

Many high risk patients could very likely be kept out of the hospital with cheap, safe, available out patient medications or with the experimental vaccines, but one of these available options is not being entertained.

And many people who do end up at the hospital, could likely be quickly turned around back to home to receive out patient treatment only, if there was less politics in medicine (politics has always been in the finances of medicine, but never so prominent in the treatment).

And the way that these authoritarian governors in the name of so called safety have abused emergency powers and used state licensing agencies and health dept's to intimidate and take apart private businesses, churches, etc. is truly scary. I would like to see that whole system either disbanded or reorganized to better protect the people from these despots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back