Ethics in hunting, the story of my once in a lifetime Buck....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a situation like this played out. Boy dating girl, she starts to like archery so they put in on a deer hunt on a group app. They both draw, but break up before the season starts. The above video tells the rest...

fwafwow

WKR
View attachment 374349

Some kind of stupid game being played.

Lock thread, ban OP.

I'm not well known enough to make those calls, though ☹️
I started to post something about how he’s watching this thread, but not posting. Then I figured that my post could be an impediment to the reply he’s probably carefully working on, and editing as each new post is added. In my mind I imagine a guy wearing readers and a green eye shade, perhaps drafting his reply by a combination of chicken scratches in pencil and dictating to the fellows in his hunting crew.

I do appreciate that I’m wasting my time on this thread and not arguing about the post I was working on - who would win in a cage fight between Joe Rogan on one side vs a duo of Neil Young and Joni Mitchell. And while that outcome would seem obvious, the twist is that Joni and Neil are stoned or sober (dealer’s choice) and Rogan is on ayahuasca and DMT.

fwafwow

WKR
Oh ya, Rogan for sure. But I have no doubt JM would be the tougher of the two opponents.
Ok ok ok. I see I didn’t think this through enough. How about switching the drugs - JM and NY are on DMT and ayahuasca and Joe is stoned? I don’t want to arm them (like the timeless Brown Bear vs Silverback Gorilla with an aluminum baseball bat), but I will go there if I need to get someone to vote for the Flower Children Duo.

Fatcamp

WKR
Ok ok ok. I see I didn’t think this through enough. How about switching the drugs - JM and NY are on DMT and ayahuasca and Joe is stoned? I don’t want to arm them (like the timeless Brown Bear vs Silverback Gorilla with an aluminum baseball bat), but I will go there if I need to get someone to vote for the Flower Children Duo.

NY is gonna want to discuss his feeling. JR just wants to punch him in the face. It will be quick and messy no matter how you arrange it.

OldGrayJB

WKR
Just being in the presence of Neil Young could result in a Joe Rogan suicide. I'm not placing bets on this one.

elkyinzer

WKR
My first thought after wasting 30 minutes of my life reading all this was this is some 5-0 fishing for leads on a poaching case. I've seen my lil' bro's hoodrat FB account he uses for that sorta thing and this reminds me of it.

Otherwise, it has to be a pure shitpost right? Come on, DNA on the arrow? Do you think we're retarded?

Last edited:

Maverick1

WKR
@jlhois - in your opening comments to this thread, you indicated the following:

“my hope is that this story will create a meaningful and impactful conversation amongst the hunting community about the importance of adhering to hunter ethics in the field.”

Using that as a measure for success, has this thread achieved the outcome you desired?

mt100gr.

WKR
View attachment 374349

Some kind of stupid game being played.

Lock thread, ban OP.

I'm not well known enough to make those calls, though ☹️
Of course he's watching this thread!! And yeah, it smells like a open-air fish market!!

I'm putting my money on butt-hurtedness about a shot he'd seen in his mind's eye 1000 times, falling apart. Someone else finished and tagged "his" buck and he'd give anything for a do-over.

Wrench

WKR
@jlhois - in your opening comments to this thread, you indicated the following:

“my hope is that this story will create a meaningful and impactful conversation amongst the hunting community about the importance of adhering to hunter ethics in the field.”

Using that as a measure for success, has this thread achieved the outcome you desired?
That's classified.

Can't be released until an approved and redacted press release can be autorized.

Expect a 75 year gag on a case of this magnitude.

cgasner1

WKR
Only reason I could see a FWP officer taking such a interest in something like this would be if they had someone in mind. If true likely it’s someone they have been watching for awhile that does other shady things and they are looking for a reason to hammer the guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azone

WKR
I started to post something about how he’s watching this thread, but not posting. Then I figured that my post could be an impediment to the reply he’s probably carefully working on, and editing as each new post is added. In my mind I imagine a guy wearing readers and a green eye shade, perhaps drafting his reply by a combination of chicken scratches in pencil and dictating to the fellows in his hunting crew.

I do appreciate that I’m wasting my time on this thread and not arguing about the post I was working on - who would win in a cage fight between Joe Rogan on one side vs a duo of Neil Young and Joni Mitchell. And while that outcome would seem obvious, the twist is that Joni and Neil are stoned or sober (dealer’s choice) and Rogan is on ayahuasca and DMT.
Joni and Neil would need to be on meth and Rogan would have to be roofied. Unless Neil can charm him with Cinnamon Girl or Sugar Mountain.

Cowbell

WKR
Just to bring you guys up to speed, this story is being verbatim told on the Idaho Muleys sight on Facebook from the guys real Facebook profiles. They are digging and hoping somebody has seen pics of the deer. They don't have a suspect currently and are making a Hail Mary attempt at getting a lead. Hence the reason for little information...

The other interesting point is that the moderator of that sight claims he was on that hunt as well and was after an even better buck (had a tag) and met up with the OP the night he came back to camp from hitting the buck. He would be the first suspect to write off.

Last edited:
Just to bring you guys up to speed, this story is being verbatim told on the Idaho Muleys sight on Facebook from the guys real Facebook profiles. They are digging and hoping somebody has seen pics of the deer. They don't have a suspect currently and are making a Hail Mary attempt at getting a lead. Hence the reason for little information...
Perhaps they are afraid to tell the whole truth. As one poster pointed out, the real crime happened when they abandoned pursuing the animal during the month of August, to rot. Obviously if they found it intact, they would not have brought the meat out.

Cowbell

WKR
Perhaps they are afraid to tell the whole truth. As one poster pointed out, the real crime happened when they abandoned pursuing the animal during the month of August, to rot. Obviously if they found it intact, they would not have brought the meat out.
Meat doesn't spoil on deer that aren't dead yet.... it was also most likely cool at night in august in the high country...

Lucky for you guys I had to work all week and missed this gem. Now I've got a few questions having been around a couple of these incidents myself, just not with any well known rocksliders.

1. Is the warden's name Joe Pickett? If so, the crime will be solved and people will likely die in the process? Has fish & game made any mention of "things getting western?"
2. Have you considered selling this story to CJ Box? You could make enough money to go on a guided hunt and shoot a similar sized buck with an ear tag on it an no chance of Carol Baskin stealing your buck.
3. This sh*t happens when people watch too much TV and ScrewTube hunting. Everyone backs out and fuc*ing goes back to camp to eat mountain house and drink mountain ops. What happened to a good old fashioned night hunt for a dead deer? If there's grizzlies everywhere, Ok I'll do the mountain house and chill option. Otherwise live a little and hunt in the dark like a real predator. Cool shit happens at night. Pretty sure I made a kid once at night.

4. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them maybe you can hire the A-Team
**Edit - I had 1 more question - So when the warden did this necropsy (learned that from Joe Pickett) did they check the anus? And if so, did they use 1 finger or 2?

Back to the memes.

Status
Not open for further replies.