Eastern Noob

WV Dan

FNG
I guess I should have done this last month but here goes. I have hunted and backpacked most of my life but I've never put the two together. Middle aged dad with a little more disposable income and unspoken for vacation. I love this site and all the info. I hope to get out west and try out backcoutry elk bowhunting (bivy style) soon. I've got most of my gear and I've set 2014 for a target year to give it a try. Many stupid question to follow.

Well Ill welcome you to the site since I'm an easterner as well. Any idea on what and where your planning on hunting in 2014?

OP
W

WV Dan

FNG
Thanks for the welcome guys. I will probably hunt Colorado in 2014. I rifle hunted in Snowmass wilderness years ago and I took a backpacing trip there in 1990. Plus, they seem to have ample OTC tags and lots of public land. I'm no trophy hunter, don't get me wrong, I'd like to take the biggest elk ever but any elk would be fine with me--even a cow. Now it's a matter of finding the right hunting partners.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Dan and I think archery would be a great place to combine your hunting/backpacking passions.