Hello From Eastern WA

coletonf

FNG
Hello Rok Slide crew - figured it was time to introduce myself after lurking and learning here for awhile. Good timing for me to get more involved as I'm 'taking the plunge' and starting to plan out my first bolt gun build. I've built gas guns & pistols in the past, but not a bolt action rifle yet.

Shooting interests: primarily hunting focused (western deer & elk), but future interest in learning about PRS when I can free up more time (new 6 month old future fisher/hunter taking most of my time :) . I do enjoy target shooting with gas guns, pistols, & shotguns. Humbly, I have a lot to learn with long range shooting - I know I'd be best served with range time more than anything, but deer & elk are calling so hoping to do both. I also am building an area in my shop to be a dedicated spot for reloading (which I'm new to and looking to learn more about) & such.

Currently shooting:
- Ruger American Predator, 6.5cr.
- 16" AR .223
- Assorted pistols, shotguns, & plinking rimfires
- Getting into recurve archery just for fun, no near term bow hunting aspiration

Motivation to get more deeply involved in this & other hunting/shooting forums (Long Range Only, NorthwestFirearms) is to go deeper on gun builds and reloading specifically. A couple others I am still just 'lurking' on for more hunting specific discussions.

Before I post about my interested build, I'll call myself out to spare the anticipated comments: I 100% recognize that my money is best spent on ammo with the Ruger or the .223 to get a bunch of range time to improve my shooting. I plan to do that, so a rifle build isn't mutually exclusive to shooting time with target friendly loads. For bigger game hunting purposes I do want to build a hunting rifle in a larger caliber, and specifically I'm looking to jump on the 7mm PRC bandwagon (more on that in the build thread).

I know this forum covers fishing a bit, which is my primary passion above hunting.

Thank you in advance for all I’ve learned ‘lurking’ here so far, and any help and guidance you all have to share in the future!

Once posted, I will add the link to my build thread here.

Excited to continue learning, thanks all!

Coleton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

OP
coletonf

coletonf

FNG
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Thank you Eddie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk