Do you skip your underwear while hunting?

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly I wonder how some classic tighty whiteys would be for hiking. In a boxer guy so haven’t ever tried it

Tricer

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Only time I don’t have underwear on is if I forgot the toilet paper.

I use the Exofficio Boxer Briefs they are not cheap but they last forever. I will just rock one pair on a hunt.

Last few years I've started skipping the ole underoos . I know that sounds weird, but generally. regardless of the time of year. I'm wearing baselayer leggings, either merino or synthetic. Having underwear or boxers under teh leggings makes it a royal pain to take a piss and generally the underwear starts bunching up uncomfortably as well. I've found that the leggings also work as a great stopper for getting ticks on my legs so double bonus.

I'm mostly bring this up as more of an anecdote/testing to waters to see if people find this as a bad idea in western hunting. I've been doing this for hunting/hiking for about 2.5 years now without issue.
It’s a clothing article that I skip period, I got on that trend a long time ago… if I had to find a pair to wear today, I’d be in trouble.

#freetheboyz

Kyle C

Lil-Rokslider
Big hell no for me. The boys need to be strapped tight, but it took me years to find the right underwear that works for multiple days. I've tried so many with failure.

KurtVH

FNG
Last few years I've started skipping the ole underoos . I know that sounds weird, but generally. regardless of the time of year. I'm wearing baselayer leggings, either merino or synthetic. Having underwear or boxers under teh leggings makes it a royal pain to take a piss and generally the underwear starts bunching up uncomfortably as well. I've found that the leggings also work as a great stopper for getting ticks on my legs so double bonus.

I'm mostly bring this up as more of an anecdote/testing to waters to see if people find this as a bad idea in western hunting. I've been doing this for hunting/hiking for about 2.5 years now without issue.
You’re not really skipping the u-wear when you’re wearing a form-fitting base layer. Merino especially is great for this as it is stank-resistant.

OP
D
The classic tighty whiteys were 100% cotton. They'd be horrible for hiking when they were soaking wet from sweat, and would take days to dry out.

tighty whities also don't protect against the thigh rub/chaffing. When wet... near impossible to take off

WKR
You’re not really skipping the u-wear when you’re wearing a form-fitting base layer. Merino especially is great for this as it is stank-resistant.
This is what I was going to say. The real question being asked here is: how many guys double up on underwear while hunting?

Unless that Merino is spandex tight I need a little more support. I run a pair of under armor compression shorts (they arent actual shorts, think synethic briefs that are skin tight) and put base layers over the top. On warmer hunts you can run with just the compression shorts and your hunting pants.

IDVortex

WKR
Tried it before, feels weird. But I also wear performance style briefs. May have to try it again with leggings and see how I like it.

EdP

WKR
It depends. On day hunts (and day hikes) I normally wear compression shorts. My favorites are Nike "halftights." They are fully tight and keep the boys in check but are only half length. I like the warmth they provide for my glutes and thighs. The key is I can wash/change them since I am only out for the day. For longer excursions I wear briefs under the compression shorts and change them out each evening because they are damp.

Goruck Ranger 5” inseams are indestructible and extremely breathable and moisture wicking.

Beware they are expensive

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
One pair of socks and one pair of underwear for every day of the hunt plus 1 set here...change these and wear the same pants for days.

Critical thinking point: If its hot and you're out there by yourself or with SO, why not just hunt in nothing but your underwear?

One pair of socks and one pair of underwear for every day of the hunt plus 1 set here...change these and wear the same pants for days.

Critical thinking point: If it’s hot and you're out there by yourself or with SO, why not just hunt in nothing but your underwear?
I’ve seen some trail cam pictures of just that lol