DIY Dall Sheep 2014

OP
Stid2677

Stid2677

WKR
Those pics are stunningly beautiful...you have a gift. And that is an awesome ram!

I assume you'll do some kind of write-up in the near future (at least I hope you do), but was anxious to hear your thoughts on the EMR II/bikini combo that you used. Did it impress you, or leave you wanting?

Was extremely happy with the EMR II/Bikini combo. Love, love love the center zip. Even slept one night with my feet in it. The easiest to load pack I have ever owned.
So nice to be able to access a FULL bag without dumping it and loading meat has never been easier.

Was extremely happy with the EMR II/Bikini combo. Love, love love the center zip. Even slept one night with my feet in it. The easiest to load pack I have ever owned.
So nice to be able to access a FULL bag without dumping it and loading meat has never been easier.

Good to know, thanks Steve! I take it you would give it your full endorsement as a go-to sheep hunter's bag?

OP
Stid2677

Stid2677

WKR
Good to know, thanks Steve! I take it you would give it your full endorsement as a go-to sheep hunter's bag?

Yes Sir,, only thing I would change is to sew the compression straps on and remove the G hooks. I do not need the extra weight or need to have the straps removable.
Very nice layout for running and gunning.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
yeah, for a minute I thought that waterfall was draining upstream...LOL Those "left-handed" valleys are hard to reach sometimes

That pic of the water flowing over the head and cape was the shiz nizzle, dude. Epic eye for framing, bro.

mmmhuh, good stuff my friend.

Becca...don't decimate the AK goat population...save at least one ol' tough roast for us marginal hunters! giggles, out

OP
Stid2677

Stid2677

WKR
yeah, for a minute I thought that waterfall was draining upstream...LOL Those "left-handed" valleys are hard to reach sometimes

That pic of the water flowing over the head and cape was the shiz nizzle, dude. Epic eye for framing, bro.

mmmhuh, good stuff my friend.

Becca...don't decimate the AK goat population...save at least one ol' tough roast for us marginal hunters! giggles, out

Thanks Mr Larry,, coming from you that is high praise, I'm humbled Sir. Now I just need to become the "Moose Whisperer" that you are.

TEmbry

WKR
If/when I move to AK we have got to hit the backcountry together Steve... If nothing else just for a summer trip to give me a run down of your gear and tips for taking such killer photos.

Amazing trip yet again. Have yet to see a thread started by you to disappoint. Congrats!

Gwoodak

FNG
Awesome ram and great pics! Congrats. As always when I see a thread with your name on it I know it's going to be a good one.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Simple awesome job Steve!!!! So glad you scored yet again on sheep!!!! Now to help pack Dale #2 off the mountain with ya in October!!! Congrats man!!!