Denali National Park bridge crew ordered to stop flying American flags

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb122

FNG
Taking the reported article and source's comments at face-value a couple things come to mind:

- "Taking away/not conducive to the park experience," reads as someone's feelings were hurt/offended but not a park rule violation. I would have expected that if the flying US flags were in violation of park rules, it would have been stated as such. I haven't looked up any park rules. Certainly not a violation of criminal law.

- I don't see how the construction company/project administrator doesn't stand their ground from a position of power here. Already several months into a multi-million dollar project. Changing out contractors and rebidding the project at this phase would be extensive and expensive. Bad publicity during election year. Potential civil litigation if they would be removed from this project for no cause.

I like seeing American flags flying from construction machines as it makes me proud of American productivity. I wish the company would have stood their ground.

Though, just like most corporations, when a lot of money is involved, people tend to appease rather than stand their ground. "Pick and choose, your battles." is the saying I think. Unfortunately, that's why this Park Superintendent and others like her are empowered to push these decisions as they get away with them regularly.

SWOHTR

WKR
Just fly the Gonzalez Flag beneath the American flag…that’ll get them going.

In all seriousness, total BS. And the prime ktr is definitely in a power position here. Why can’t we pass a budget? Bc we had to rebid on a defaulted guest contract in AK?

Also something about the freedom to display.

Cornhusker

Lil-Rokslider
I raised and lowered the flag for 39 years at my job also taught U.S. flag code. The superintendent of the park says she had no choice as she is bound to follow US flag code. According to her they were breaking 7b of the code which is unfortunately often not followed.

7. (b) The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle or of a railroad train or a boat. When the flag is displayed on a motorcar, the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender.

Congrats a bunch of you guys overacted and gave a worthless rag newspaper a bunch of extra clicks. Try to do better and be smarter.

Elk97

WKR
Crazy how people believe one anonymous source reported by some weirdo right wing blog. Notice how there’s no flags on any of the equipment in any of the photos? which I can all but guarantee we’re taken last summer.
Might want to do some research before trying to take the high road. Would a state senator investigating the flag ban be good enough (look it up)? Who the hell cares when the pics were taken? There is something wrong when a huge construction contractor doing a $200 million job in the US within a National Park can't fly the USA flag at the jobsite.

"Congrats a bunch of you guys overacted and gave a worthless rag newspaper a bunch of extra clicks. Try to do better and be smarter."

Hmm, sounds like someone didn't get their cornflakes this morning.

Htm84

WKR
Might want to do some research before trying to take the high road. Would a state senator investigating the flag ban be good enough (look it up)? Who the hell cares when the pics were taken? There is something wrong when a huge construction contractor doing a $200 million job in the US within a National Park can't fly the USA flag at the jobsite.

"Congrats a bunch of you guys overacted and gave a worthless rag newspaper a bunch of extra clicks. Try to do better and be smarter."

Hmm, sounds like someone didn't get their cornflakes this morning.
First of all Dan Sullivan is a US senator and second he’s a dipshit. Literally the only source is this weirdos blog selling bitcoin and shit. Not surprising Sullivan read it and over reacted. What are the odds that a national park with US flags flying all over it ordered workers to remove flags from equipment?

I raised and lowered the flag for 39 years at my job also taught U.S. flag code. The superintendent of the park says she had no choice as she is bound to follow US flag code. According to her they were breaking 7b of the code which is unfortunately often not followed.

7. (b) The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle or of a railroad train or a boat. When the flag is displayed on a motorcar, the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender.

Congrats a bunch of you guys overacted and gave a worthless rag newspaper a bunch of extra clicks. Try to do better and be smarter.
My first thought was "I bet the displays weren't proper"

My dad didn't really raise us to be patriotic, but he was gonna make real sure we knew how to properly respect the flag.

048a937771f98fb3a113ef3ecf815f95.jpg

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
"a scathing letter...."
Oh, I bet that hurt some feelings. ROFL!!!

Want this crap to end?

Do not comply.

Oh, wait, someone sneezed. Where's my mask?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.