CVA Temporarily Ceasing Paramount Production Due To BH209 Scarcity

CorbLand

WKR
You guy ever shoot White Hots pellets in the Accura? If so, how did they work?
I tried them in a couple different guns. CVA, Knight and Traditions but not an Accura. They worked good in one of the Traditions and its what the guy uses to this day. My Optima shot them ok but BH has been the best for it.

Just ordered a new Optima (hopefully dont get one of the bad ones CVA has produced recently) to get an open sight, none BH gun set up. I cant fathom paying the current price of BH.

atmat

WKR
You guy ever shoot White Hots pellets in the Accura? If so, how did they work?
I have, and they worked fine for me. But that said, I use open sights and really try to keep my shots to 100-125 yards max (because I’m not great without a scope).

Some of the more precision shooters may have better info for you.

Antares

WKR
I tried them in a couple different guns. CVA, Knight and Traditions but not an Accura. They worked good in one of the Traditions and its what the guy uses to this day. My Optima shot them ok but BH has been the best for it.

Just ordered a new Optima (hopefully dont get one of the bad ones CVA has produced recently) to get an open sight, none BH gun set up. I cant fathom paying the current price of BH.

I have, and they worked fine for me. But that said, I use open sights and really try to keep my shots to 100-125 yards max (because I’m not great without a scope).

Some of the more precision shooters may have better info for you.

Thanks for the input.

I was all set on getting a Paramount, but then I realized 1) I'm not going to be able to find/afford the preferred components for it (large rifle primers and BH209) and 2) why carry around a 10 pound long range gun when I can't even put a scope on it (AK is open sights only).

So I downgraded myself to an Accura MR-X. Much lighter and cheaper. Pellets and 209 primers are easier for me to find/afford. I'm going to try 290 gr Bore Drivers on top of 2 pellet of White Hots and hope that it shoots good enough to get me out to 100-125 yards. That's the plan for now.

ENCORE

WKR
Any information about when production will resume?
I ........... heard .............. there's a possibility that many modifications are being made to the rifle and there's the ................. possibility ............ it may be shown at the next shot show.
I do not know this for fact.

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
I live in a small community with two Walmart stores about 15 miles apart and both never have BH209. Pretty much any legitimate online company selling BH209 has it priced around $70-$80 a bottle plus hazmat, shipping, and usually taxes. I'm not sure who's paying those prices but I won't be one of them. I have a Paramount that's extremely accurate with the powder but I'm now eyeballing the scope on it trying to figure out what I can put it on to get more use out of it. BH209 was $35 for 10 oz when I bought my CVA and easily obtainable. Think I'll watch from the sidelines for a while.
Exactly what killed the gun off! I have an original bottle of bh209 and once it's gone, good riddance until prices become reasonable!

ENCORE

WKR
Total bs from you as always
you have no clue what's going on outside your pretend little mountain man cave. Although keep doing what you're doing. Its amazing as always, you setting in CO, never leaving, and pretending to be a mountain man, but somehow know what's going on in the real world?

Let's see............. I along with others heard this straight from "the horse's mouth", a CVA representative.
They were present at Friendship last year at both National Shoots.
You need to get out more.

Exactly what killed the gun off! I have an original bottle of bh209 and once it's gone, good riddance until prices become reasonable!
Politics 101......... Attorney 101............

Tell people what you want them to know, not what you know.

you've had CVA stuck in your ask for decades and regardless what another may say, even a CVA rep, you still think everyone is wrong but you.
As always............ you haven't changed one bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
Could really care less about the paramount to be honest. At 80 bucks per 1/2lb you'd have to be a politician to be able to afford to shoot it.

Who's the cva rep stating their safety issues? I'm sure cva would like to know 😆

I'll can tell you this............. Neither Bob nor I are going to throw the guys under the bus. It’s that simple.
Well, it’s shouldn’t be too hard for CVA to figure out who their “rep” was who was there “speaking the truth.” You’ve already thrown him under the bus by posting his comments. I’m betting he won’t be a rep much longer….

ENCORE

WKR
Well, it’s shouldn’t be too hard for CVA to figure out who their “rep” was who was there “speaking the truth.” You’ve already thrown him under the bus by posting his comments. I’m betting he won’t be a rep much longer….
This information has been out there for a year now. I'm quite certain nobody is worried........

............. Neither Bob nor I are going to throw the guys under the bus. .....
"Guys"

ENCORE

WKR
@fngTony bring a fire extinguisher to this dumpster fire.
It’s all over a year old news. But ya got to love

However.............. lets get a new ball rolling!!!!

It is rumored..... that after safety upgrades and quality improvements, the Paramount .. may .. be reintroduced at the next shot show. Time will tell.

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
Simple, you go around spouting the ambulance chaser crap and that doesn't set well with me.

I've seen some people's and pictures of rusted abused cva guns where the guys come in complaining but that error is pretty obvious.

I know a guy at rendezvous that will literally tell you how to shoot and clean your muzzleloader, how to hold it, etc. EVERYTHING.. however, when it's his turn to shoot, he's luckily if he hits 2 out of 10 targets. He also has a traditions kit gun he built 2 years ago that won't shoot for beans because he " shot out " the barrel with 250 rounds.

ENCORE

WKR
Simple, you go around spouting the ambulance chaser crap and that doesn't set well with me..........
Really? And you wanted to start all this up because you got your feeling hurt, again?

For others........ this was the post made that … all stressed out over. Funny he didn't mention it over on the other site but waited all this time to get into a P match here.

The post below basically mirrors what was told.

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
Oh right it's my fault you post bs to troll. Any time someone posts ambulance chasing crud, it's nothing more than instigating for a response. I feel I've been pretty good and laid back these days,. can't say much the same for you. Plus you are the one spreading gossip about quality control, so back up what you say, don't try to blame me for calling you out.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I met with guys at CVA last year about getting the Paramount Pro 2 and even got to see the prototype. One of the concerns at that time was the price of Blackhorn 209 and states restricting scopes both lessening the appeal of a long range muzzleloader.

I'm not sure what company representative would openly speculate that poor quality control and law suits are plaguing a model. That simply seems to me like CVA would surround it's brand with people less likely to share company secrets with those who would spread these rumors across the entire internet. If true it's definitely counter productive to CVAs reputation.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

ihookem

FNG
I am about to just start making my own black powder. I will not spend $175 lb for BH 209.. It is insane. I canget real black powder for $25 lb from Grafs... Plus S&H plus hazmat... Buy 5 lbs and be down with it.