CPW - ‘Righting’ some Wrongs

The draw is the only way to get a point, and to do that a requisite is a small game license. It's a sunk cost, aka, the cost of doing business.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I cant wait until the CO res figure out that they have to offset the cost of less NR with increased tag cost. The numbers looked pretty stout on the list I saw earlier.

Im sure someone has figured it out. What is the number of increase per tag for res?

And I dont even hunt colorado. No skin off my teeth.

I cant wait until the CO res figure out that they have to offset the cost of less NR with increased tag cost. The numbers looked pretty stout on the list I saw earlier.

Im sure someone has figured it out. What is the number of increase per tag for res?

Elk tags make it look really bad.

Overall it won't be as terrible, I did some rough figures at one time but don't remember the numbers now.

Besides, it's Meme time.

h2so4

WKR
Why is that out of curiosity?
It was sarcasm due to the wy regs, etc.
additionally, I don’t mind paying way more for resident tags. And I agree that CPW could / should be way more responsible with their money and not spend so much. Or spend it differently.

h2so4

WKR

My napkin math shows that if The ratio goes from 65/35 to 80/20 the resident tag price would go to $187. It assumes perfect 65/35 allocation for highest revenue from NR.
I used resident tag cost of $58 and NR of $750.
Percentage wise it’s a huge shift, but dollar wise it isn’t that much. I don’t think it would change much.

KurtR

WKR
How many points to shoot geese? Seen some guys hunting the front range and it looks like they get covered up with birds.

sndmn11

WKR
I was told i could not purchase a point without the license. So it is a necessary exense to obtain the points.
When you purchase a small game license, the result is you can hunt small game. You do not get a preference point.

You purchase a habitat stamp, you get to access state lands that are wildlife related. You do not get a preference point. You don't need to purchase a hunting license to purchase a habitat stamp.

You can purchase 10 habitat stamps and 10 small game licenses over ten years, and you will receive zero preference points. What you do receive is the privilege to hunt small game and access state wildlife land over those ten years.

Uh oh! I want to apply for Desert Bighorn, I bought my habitat stamp and small game license (because I was told those were necessary to get a point) but I didn't get a point! What happened? You don't get a point through purchasing a small game license.

I'd like to apply for deer, elk, moose, mountain goat, bear, rocky mountain bighorns, turkey and phorns, do I need to buy eight small game licenses so I can get eight points? Nope! I do need to pay eight application fees to obtain a preference point or license per species through the PRIMARY draw only. (Note that purchasing an application fee doesn't guarantee the result of a point).

I bought a small game license on April 1st, but didn't apply for any species in the primary draw, only in the secondary draw for elk. Where's my preference point? Hopefully it is clearer now...you don't get any point for purchasing a small game license.

Since it seems expenses are being sought after to inflate costs attributed to "purchasing a point", you don't get a point for purchasing/renting internet access to apply. You don't get a point for purchasing/renting a computer/device so that you can apply...even though both are necessary.

761xhr.jpg

Overdrive

WKR
I was told i could not purchase a point without the license. So it is a necessary exense to obtain the points.
Yes you are correct, I have no Idea where some of these guys are not seeing it.

You are required to buy 1 qualifying license (small game or spring turkey) to be able to put into the Primary or Secondary draw. The Primary draw is the only draw you can obtain a PP for the species you desire. You can get 1 PP per species per year thru the draw. A habitat stamp is automatically added to a person's 1st license when purchasing, doesn't matter if it's thru the draw or OTC.

Pretty simple and what you were told was correct.