COVER UP THE ANTLERS

49ereric

WKR
Perhaps, if instead of dividing yourself, you used First Nations as a wedge to prize open closed liberal minds to the place hunting has in life you would get further. The way you write though, screams "I will divide my cause so others may conquer."

I understand where you are coming from, I have had a very similar response to native hunting rights in Alaska. However, the more I consider it, the more I realize it is the entitled victimhood mentality I despise. I now try to be glad they have opportunities that are otherwise shut. A native butchering a seal at a public dock is a beautiful thing, especially when a liberal is around.
I just wrote it the way I see it. Sick and tired of non natives bitching about treaty rights over jealousy. Like anyone would give up grandfather rights if they had them 🤦‍♂️.
You’ll see plenty of deer hanging in the area here getting butchered and no liberals or conservatives bat and eye. Just normal here.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I just wrote it the way I see it. Sick and tired of non natives bitching about treaty rights over jealousy. Like anyone would give up grandfather rights if they had them 🤦‍♂️.
You’ll see plenty of deer hanging in the area here getting butchered and no liberals or conservatives bat and eye. Just normal here.
As I realize my first thing in the morning post is not written very clearly, I will clarify as I get the impression you understand what I wrote differently than I do.

Perhaps, if instead of dividing yourself, you used First Nations as a wedge to prize open closed liberal minds to the place hunting has in life you would get further. The way you write though, screams "I will divide my cause so others may conquer."
I find liberals frequently have a hard time being open minded regarding differences in culture if the culture in question involves Europeans. Those who complain about treaty rights would be better off embracing them and using them as a way to get anti-hunters to recognize the cultural suppression they are engaging in.
I understand where you are coming from, I have had a very similar response to native hunting rights in Alaska.
Self explanatory, but it is intended to show that while I advocate a different approach, I cannot claim and am not trying to claim moral superiority to those I disagree with.
However, the more I consider it, the more I realize it is the entitled victimhood mentality I despise.
This describes the mentality of non-natives who complain about treaty rights, in this context it does not refer to natives in any way.
I now try to be glad they have opportunities that are otherwise shut. A native butchering a seal at a public dock is a beautiful thing, especially when a liberal is around.
In the end, I am a bad person and like seeing those I disagree with made uncomfortable.

49ereric

WKR
“I find liberals frequently have a hard time being open minded regarding differences in culture if the culture in question involves Europeans. Those who complain about treaty rights would be better off embracing them and using them as a way to get anti-hunters to recognize the cultural suppression they are engaging in.”

I assure you it is conservatives here that despise treaty rights.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
“I find liberals frequently have a hard time being open minded regarding differences in culture if the culture in question involves Europeans. Those who complain about treaty rights would be better off embracing them and using them as a way to get anti-hunters to recognize the cultural suppression they are engaging in.”

I assure you it is conservatives here that despise treaty rights.
Clearly the way I write is not comprehensibly as I'm pretty sure the only way what I wrote makes any sense is if what you feel a need to assure me of is true, meaning I already accept it, meaning I'm confused as to why you feel the need to assure me that I'm right. But, thank you for that assurance.

49ereric

WKR
Clearly the way I write is not comprehensibly as I'm pretty sure the only way what I wrote makes any sense is if what you feel a need to assure me of is true, meaning I already accept it, meaning I'm confused as to why you feel the need to assure me that I'm right. But, thank you for that assurance.
Well at least to the uneducated like me.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
This thread kinda naturally shifted topics but there’s a lot of unnecessary bickering.

As far as opinions and issues are concerned with any indigenous people they still deserve respect. I don’t think anyone flat out disrespected them but they were a small theoretical part of the original topic that overtook this thread. Not exactly a rule breaker as it was a natural shift but they are people who deserve a little more constructive consideration when it comes to anything involving them, not a venting thread like this has become. Vent about the issues not the people.