COVER UP THE ANTLERS

Rambucsabillbul

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a resident of BC Canada.
The tides have been turning here in recent years with our Local provincial government. The NDP.
When they took power in 2017 they immediately closed all Grizzly Bear hunting, regard of sustainable numbers. We have over 16,000 G Bears throughout the province.
This past spring they have reduced our moose harvest for licensed hunters to 1.5 - 2 %harvest in region 7 our most remote and largest region, when between 5-10% is sustainable!
Same region they completely closed Caribou, although some areas are struggling, many have great populations and could support hunting and be sustainable.
Don't forget though, First Nations can harvest anything, 24/7- 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
It's NOT about sustainability, BC has adopted the UNDRIP and it's dividing the population like never before causing more Racism than ever before.

Recently, I traveled to Vancouver Island and harvested my first Roosevelt Bull Elk.

While boarding the BC Ferry, controlled by BC government, I was told to COVER UP MY ANTLERS on my utility trailer.......WTF?
Why, ..... Answer......you might offend someone.
Really ????
The antlers had, no hair, no skull, no ear, no eyeball showing....... Just antlers.

How pathetic this world is becoming, lead by Government of BC ...... And the federal government, led by the LIBERALS and the Prime Minister Turdeau ......are trying in every way possible to take the guns from licenced hunters. In attempt to follow Australia!

What's happened to our heritage and traditions?

Coming soon to a province or state near you.

Coverup the Antlers ...... Really, yet home decorators are using Antlers, hides in home decor like never before.

Pathetic!

Jimss

WKR
Obviously some public enjoy seeing antlers on hunters trucks,etc in transit and driving down the road and others don't. Here in Colo where I live the majority of people aren't hunters and some think it's rude for hunters to strap antlers to the top of their trucks. I understand both sides. I usually hide my antlers because it's so easy and tempting for others to steal them! I also don't want to PO anyone while driving.

Rich M

WKR
No need to drive around with the tailgate down advertising what you have. We always covered up. Never had any issues cause noone knew what was there.

Came to the point we’d leave a day early or late cause there were always game checks on the last day of the season. They would divert anyone in a truck or van or car with a buckmaster sticker into a midstate rest area to be questioned and vehicle searched by dog, coolers by LEO.

OP
R

Rambucsabillbul

Lil-Rokslider
Tongues and eyeballs hanging out, dead carcus laying out of a tail gate, on a roof are completely different.
How about the chicken and turkey trucks stuffed with live birds, cattle and pork headed to slaughter.
The world's being run by softies..... Everywhere.
Enjoy your hunting while you can.
It won't be here for the many generations behind us.
Go Tofu ........!
Not me

49ereric

WKR
“First Nations can harvest anything, 24/7- 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.”

as they have done for thousands of years as is their right.
We had big treaty rights protest in Wisconsin and Minnesota cuz people are morons.
ended up the states took the tribes to court over federal treaty rights and the Fed’s were sitting with the tribes on day one and states lost.
ladies my wife worked with even approached her on ending federal ndn treaty rights cuz the “treaties were old” my wife calmly replied that our constitution is older so throw it out! They were shocked 😂 no more was said…
leave the native Americans alone.

kravguy

WKR
The way some of you post in the general section sometimes makes me wonder if I'm in a hunting chat forum or treehugger.com.

To the OP, you need to travel on I-80 from northeast Utah into southwest Wyoming. That was my run to get elk and mule deer to a processor on this seasons successful hunts. I got more smiles, honks, and thumbs up from having dead elk and deer in the back of a pickup than I have anywhere. There are still some good parts of the country that haven't been overrun by liberals and wokeness.

It's funny we have to be worried about offending the non hunting all the while the liberal left is shoving everything that offends us right down our throats.

From School policies, commerials on TV, work policies, etc... I could go on and on but you get the point. , What we are told we have to accept as normal is continually pushed and shoved, and if we don't agree then we are the one with a problem. What we are becoming is quite sick...IMHO

At some point enough has to be enough.

Rich M

WKR
When you been trampled on you’ll know it.

Fun to hear some guys in the west complaining about stuff that’s been happening in the east for at least 50 yrs.

I know this thread was started about Canada and it is a liberal country anyway. They gotta turn in their guns too.

gabenzeke

WKR
“First Nations can harvest anything, 24/7- 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.”

as they have done for thousands of years as is their right.
We had big treaty rights protest in Wisconsin and Minnesota cuz people are morons.
ended up the states took the tribes to court over federal treaty rights and the Fed’s were sitting with the tribes on day one and states lost.
ladies my wife worked with even approached her on ending federal ndn treaty rights cuz the “treaties were old” my wife calmly replied that our constitution is older so throw it out! They were shocked no more was said…
leave the native Americans alone.
All humans have done that for thousands of years.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Obviously some public enjoy seeing antlers on hunters trucks,etc in transit and driving down the road and others don't. Here in Colo where I live the majority of people aren't hunters and some think it's rude for hunters to strap antlers to the top of their trucks. I understand both sides. I usually hide my antlers because it's so easy and tempting for others to steal them! I also don't want to PO anyone while driving.
Yup. It's not a tall ask. People who want to be insensitive will. Then they will act offended. Goes both ways.

It's funny we have to be worried about offending the non hunting all the while the liberal left is shoving everything that offends us right down our throats.

From School policies, commerials on TV, work policies, etc... I could go on and on but you get the point. , What we are told we have to accept as normal is continually pushed and shoved, and if we don't agree then we are the one with a problem. What we are becoming is quite sick...IMHO

At some point enough has to be enough.
Oh believe me, the left doesn't have the market cornered on being offended/triggered. Just go back and read the OP. Both sides are so easily triggered these days it's pathetic.

49ereric

WKR
All humans have done that for thousands of years.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Just Native Americans have treaty rights here and to the North Canada has not treated First Nations well at all.
immigrants have no treaty rights.

they tried that here probably 20 years ago, made or tried to make a law that we can't have animals showing during transport. I know of no LEO that ever enforced it and none of us hunters cared either. one time I went hunting with my car, realized I had a roll of shrink wrap in the trunk and decided to have fun with it. me and my 7 point had a nice ride home. yes he was in the front wearing a belt (safety first), arm out the window. got some good looks that day. like they say, stupid games stupid prizes.