Couple of weird things I witnessed last week. Summertime crazies?

IW17

FNG
145657856ab1f20ff065dfaea75ac5ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have so many questions...

CorbLand

WKR
Dos Perros exactly. If I had a dollar for everytime Ive seen all the things you referenced before lol. The difference though is it used to be that if you kindly let someone know what they were doing wrong, they would apologize and learn from it. Now they dont care and apparently even want to fight about you pointing it out.

As far as the wives go, agreed. I halfway blame their beta male husbands that allow the princess behavior though. When my wife and I discussed getting a boat, I told her you either back up the truck or drive the boat. She chose driving the boat. It took awhile for her to learn but honestly now in poor weather I trust her loading way more than me because she has so much experience. Strong men make good wives and strong women support strong men.
I havent spent a ton of time at boat docks when most people are there. Generally out there when its freezing cold, early morning headed out for ducks but this is one thing that I have seen change in my short lifetime as well. I see it from both sides too. Use to be able to help people and they would take the help. Now you try and they just get pissy. Use to be that you actually helped people and now seems like people just like to yell at you instead of helping.

Cant win sometimes.

rclouse79

WKR
It looks like several posts are describing a phenomenon I discovered years ago. Water is a magnet for trashy people. You could hardly pay me enough to stay in a developed campsite on a lake after some of the drunken shenanigans I have seen first hand.

jayhawk

WKR
I was headed to work the other morning. There was a guy in front of me who was stopping at a green light, so I honked my horn at him and he sped up and went through it. We merged onto the interstate after that and as I merged into an off ramp he bitch honked at me as I passed him. I mean seriously?

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
It looks like several posts are describing a phenomenon I discovered years ago. Water is a magnet for trashy people. You could hardly pay me enough to stay in a developed campsite on a lake after some of the drunken shenanigans I have seen first hand.

The truth!

CJohnson

WKR
Had a guy blocking the boat ramp a couple of weekends ago. Kept Jack-knifing his empty trailer trying to back down the ramp. People in line were honking and yelling at him and he was clearly getting pissed. I was next in line so I just got out and went up to his window and asked if I could back his trailer down for him. He was extremely thankful. Turns out he had a bunch of kids on his boat and was just having a rough day. Been there myself a time or two. It’s real easy to get pissed at people who may otherwise be decent folks just having a bad day. I always try to remember how the Lord treated people while he shared the earth with them and act accordingly.

conley417

Lil-Rokslider
OMG, I am a noob to the boating world, but boat ramp shenanigans are a thing. People are so selfish and unaware how they are impacting people. There needs to be a sign at the staging area, where everyone is waiting to back in their trailer, reminding people to 1) have your shit ready to go, 2) have everything you want in the boat already in the boat, 3) trust anyone older than age 7 to, upon the captain's signal, drive the truck and trailer up the ramp to a waiting area for parking.

To that end, are women just completely worthless these days? Apparently they expect the man to back up the truck, get on the boat, dislodge the boat from the trailer, drive boat to the dock and secure, then run their fat ass to the truck to park. And the same getting out. My wife has definitely hit the garage parking her Sequoia before but she learned and I'd trust her to work out the kinks with a boat too.

If I let me wife try to back in a boat, I’d be out a truck, trailer, and the boat. Hell might even be out a wife

Maybe I should get a boat

KenLee

WKR
OMG, I am a noob to the boating world, but boat ramp shenanigans are a thing. People are so selfish and unaware how they are impacting people. There needs to be a sign at the staging area, where everyone is waiting to back in their trailer, reminding people to 1) have your shit ready to go, 2) have everything you want in the boat already in the boat, 3) trust anyone older than age 7 to, upon the captain's signal, drive the truck and trailer up the ramp to a waiting area for parking.

To that end, are women just completely worthless these days? Apparently they expect the man to back up the truck, get on the boat, dislodge the boat from the trailer, drive boat to the dock and secure, then run their fat ass to the truck to park. And the same getting out. My wife has definitely hit the garage parking her Sequoia before but she learned and I'd trust her to work out the kinks with a boat too.
I have a string of ex-wives and was generally not allowed to drive the boat if any were present...not that I blamed them. I drive a boat like a dirt bike on water.

I feel this is the norm these days for us 2 wheel guys/gals

Coming down a usfs road on my motorcycle doing 15 around a blind corner damn near riding in the ditch and what do you know? A vehicle with Montana plates (probably a rental car) on my side of the road coming at me fast.

Oh well ain’t dead and the ankle should heal eventually. At least I’ll somewhat enjoy a summer for the first time in 12 years.

My motorcycle is fine thankfully and ended riding it back to my truck before I drove to the hospital.

tony

WKR
145657856ab1f20ff065dfaea75ac5ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With a name like “Vinny” I’m thinking he’s not using that K 12 the way most users would.
Might find body parts in barrels soon.

Reference asshole drivers, that’s why my dream vehicle is an old 80s 3/4 or 1 ton truck with a wood flat bed and concrete filled steel bumpers front and back.

wyojdubya

Lil-Rokslider
Triple dose in southwest Idafornia for me last week over the lunch hour. Wrong way driver on a three-lane, one-way city street headed right at me, foot on the pedal, followed a block later by two different dudes having a real hard time walking a straight line in front of an officer. Dangerous stretch of road, I guess.

I also had two old gents give me a hand the day before at a boat dock known to be a sh*tshow. Both reminded me of my dad, and that there are still good folks out there, despite all the others.

Bearsears

WKR
Had a guy blocking the boat ramp a couple of weekends ago. Kept Jack-knifing his empty trailer trying to back down the ramp. People in line were honking and yelling at him and he was clearly getting pissed. I was next in line so I just got out and went up to his window and asked if I could back his trailer down for him. He was extremely thankful. Turns out he had a bunch of kids on his boat and was just having a rough day. Been there myself a time or two. It’s real easy to get pissed at people who may otherwise be decent folks just having a bad day. I always try to remember how the Lord treated people while he shared the earth with them and act accordingly.
I've done this many a time. I always feel the worst for people struggling to back down the ramp. Its a tense situation for a rookie and everyone watching.

Weldor

WKR
Had a guy at the boat ramp come into the dock completely perpendicular which blocked all three lanes of the ramp. He then starts chatting with some chick on the ramp for several minutes. I finally hollered that we are trying to load and unload boats (as there were three trailers in the water all waiting. He yelled at me that hes going to unload all these kids. I pointed to the courtesy dock and told him thats what its for. His friend then stood up and told me "I dont give a f***, shut your f****** mouth or we will shut it for you." I was outnumbered four to one and not strapped (apparently I need to be even boating now, my bad) so I kept my mouth shut while they continued to yell at me for 5 minutes. Not one of the other guys waiting with their trailers said a word.

Its getting more and more like this every year. Im about 2 seconds from selling the boat just because of all the other people that dont know rules and dont care.
Sold ours years ago, same reason. Best day in boating is when you buy it and the day you sell it.

Weldor

WKR
Good on you for staying cool and not escalating things. You never know what might trigger these nutjobs. It can seem difficult to hold our manly ego in check but losers like this are not worth the vast array of possible negative consequences that arise from further interactions.

As the world shrinks so does the level of intellect and common sense people have and use.
Too many guy's watching tv thinking their MMA fighters. Best to walk away. I love the phrase " do you know who I am?" and "you don't know who your messing with". Gotta love it.