Couple of weird things I witnessed last week. Summertime crazies?

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Last night we n the way home from my daughter’s softball tourney on a 4 lane highway. I had the cruise set at 75. An older Chevy truck flys by doing probably 90. Seconds later an older Taurus flys by well over a 100. The Chevys in the left lane and a normal driver in the right lane ahead of me. That Taurus did not give a shit and split right between them forcing the Chevy into the ditch. No idea how that Chevy didn’t roll but he saved it and proceeded to chase that Taurus well out of sight. I drive over 100 miles a day and drivers are getting worse!

And the constant running of red lights is out of control.
I talk with my dad everyday on the phone while he drives to work in So Cal, everyday while on the phone at least 3-4 red light runners. Every. Single. Day. I live in the country and can honestly say it's maybe 1 time a week. Too many people in a rush to go no where fast. It's always a race to the next red light.

Odd to find this thread after I just watched a man climbing a ladder while carrying another ladder.

Kicker is, when he got to the top, he took the bonus ladder he climbed up on the roof with....dropped it down and then climbed down on that one. So there was an up ladder, and a down ladder...but he carried the down ladder up the up ladder only to

drop it back down and climb down that one.

Every part of me wanted to go ask him why he 1) couldnt climb down on the 1 he climbed up and 2) why he couldnt set the other one up while still on the ground instead of carrying it up and lowering it back down. But Im sure the answer wouldve only led to more questions.

Odd to find this thread after I just watched a man climbing a ladder while carrying another ladder.

Kicker is, when he got to the top, he took the bonus ladder he climbed up on the roof with....dropped it down and then climbed down on that one. So there was an up ladder, and a down ladder...but he carried the down ladder up the up ladder only to

Every part of me wanted to go ask him why he 1) couldnt climb down on the 1 he climbed up and 2) why he couldnt set the other one up while still on the ground instead of carrying it up and lowering it back down. But Im sure the answer wouldve only led to more questions.
performance art???

Jimmy

WKR
Went to a popular mountain lake Saturday(not my choice, long story) and it was elbow to elbow people. They all had set up on the waters edge so you had to walk in the water to get past. Then they were set up so tightly you had to duck under their shade structure to get TO the water or AWAY. SOLID wall of tents, coolers, chairs, loud music, smoking pot, etc.
Saw one drunk guy spill an entire foil tray of uncooked carne asada into the pine needles and sand. One woman was wearing a bathing suit that could have safely enabled several people to parachute from a plane in a pinch. Got a little winded just walking around her.

People circling the parking lot for 45+ minutes looking for a place to park.

Just an absolute disgusting experience of these people. Odd how for many of them it was a "wonderful day in the mountains, such fun".

Randle

WKR

Silly boy thats a poor mans workout for elk packing
Bahahaha

Bearsears

WKR
Had a guy at the boat ramp come into the dock completely perpendicular which blocked all three lanes of the ramp. He then starts chatting with some chick on the ramp for several minutes. I finally hollered that we are trying to load and unload boats (as there were three trailers in the water all waiting. He yelled at me that hes going to unload all these kids. I pointed to the courtesy dock and told him thats what its for. His friend then stood up and told me "I dont give a f***, shut your f****** mouth or we will shut it for you." I was outnumbered four to one and not strapped (apparently I need to be even boating now, my bad) so I kept my mouth shut while they continued to yell at me for 5 minutes. Not one of the other guys waiting with their trailers said a word.

Its getting more and more like this every year. Im about 2 seconds from selling the boat just because of all the other people that dont know rules and dont care.

TaperPin

WKR
I’ve been very surprised at what makes local news and what gets left out.

Last summer drove by a traffic accident that was backing up traffic - a four door sedan was crushed between two trucks and was about the size and shape of a refrigerator. Didn’t even make the local news.

Two weeks ago, drove by the cleanup of a mid sized pickup and a nearly equal sized Durango suv that hit each other head on hard enough both front ends were even with the windshield and perfectly aligned at impact - had to have been a double fatality. In the middle of the day on a busy three-lane one way road, in the middle of town, and it didn’t even make the news.

Then a week later a parking lot was police taped off at a popular walking trail in town. 4 cars spaced 50’ to 75’ apart, half dozen pieces of brass next to each car, puddles of blood next to each car. Barely a mention other than to not worry about it. Seemed obvious to be a gang thing, but a sad sign of the times that these are so common as to barely hit any radar.

Makes me wonder how many crazy things happen that never make the local news, but there are plenty of idiotic stories, and generic regional news. Maybe a sign of the times - if people on social media don’t cover it, local news probably won’t.

CorbLand

WKR
This was a couple months ago and it wasnt really crazy or weird but it did make me chuckle.

Wife and I ran to the local hardware store to get a few things to finish a project up. Its in a strip mall that runs north to south, with the hardware store being the second to last building on the southern end. Maybe 50 feet from the end is the entrance/exit. Wife and I walk out side by side. I look south and a dude is coming around the corner from the south, headed north to drive along the parking lot in front of all the stores. He is moving and I see that he isnt going to stop. Wife and I stop, he continues to drive and then locks the brakes up and stops right in front of us, as in I could have taken three steps and got into the passenger seat and my wife could have gotten in the back seat. I say to my wife, "at that point just keep going." and we walk around the front of the car. There was an employee of the hardware store on the other side of him that thought I said something to him and asked "what?" I responded back, loudly that I was "saying if the dude is going to stop there, just to keep driving at that point." Well, his window was down, so he heard me and drives about 10-15 feet and yells out the window "You got something to say to me?" I turn around and yell back "Yea, at that point just keep going dude." He responds back with "Well maybe you should just keep your mouth shut."

I found that odd because you generally say that when you hear someone talking behind your back but seeing as I said it loud enough he could hear me three times, I dont think I was too concerned with him hearing me.

cjdewese

WKR
2nd thing was more funny/odd. I noticed a Bentley driving through a Taco Bell drive thru. You don’t see that every day.
Pretty much need to be able to afford a Bentley here in CA for fast food thanks to giving fast food workers $20/hr.

Still can't wrap my brain around that one...

Hnthrdr

WKR
Went to a popular mountain lake Saturday(not my choice, long story) and it was elbow to elbow people. They all had set up on the waters edge so you had to walk in the water to get past. Then they were set up so tightly you had to duck under their shade structure to get TO the water or AWAY. SOLID wall of tents, coolers, chairs, loud music, smoking pot, etc.
Saw one drunk guy spill an entire foil tray of uncooked carne asada into the pine needles and sand. One woman was wearing a bathing suit that could have safely enabled several people to parachute from a plane in a pinch. Got a little winded just walking around her.

People circling the parking lot for 45+ minutes looking for a place to park.

Just an absolute disgusting experience of these people. Odd how for many of them it was a "wonderful day in the mountains, such fun".
When you come from hell, anything that isn’t hell is better… no mind if they are creating new hells where ever they go.

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had a guy at the boat ramp come into the dock completely perpendicular which blocked all three lanes of the ramp. He then starts chatting with some chick on the ramp for several minutes. I finally hollered that we are trying to load and unload boats (as there were three trailers in the water all waiting. He yelled at me that hes going to unload all these kids. I pointed to the courtesy dock and told him thats what its for. His friend then stood up and told me "I dont give a f***, shut your f****** mouth or we will shut it for you." I was outnumbered four to one and not strapped (apparently I need to be even boating now, my bad) so I kept my mouth shut while they continued to yell at me for 5 minutes. Not one of the other guys waiting with their trailers said a word.

Its getting more and more like this every year. Im about 2 seconds from selling the boat just because of all the other people that dont know rules and dont care.

Good on you for staying cool and not escalating things. You never know what might trigger these nutjobs. It can seem difficult to hold our manly ego in check but losers like this are not worth the vast array of possible negative consequences that arise from further interactions.

As the world shrinks so does the level of intellect and common sense people have and use.

OMG, I am a noob to the boating world, but boat ramp shenanigans are a thing. People are so selfish and unaware how they are impacting people. There needs to be a sign at the staging area, where everyone is waiting to back in their trailer, reminding people to 1) have your shit ready to go, 2) have everything you want in the boat already in the boat, 3) trust anyone older than age 7 to, upon the captain's signal, drive the truck and trailer up the ramp to a waiting area for parking.

To that end, are women just completely worthless these days? Apparently they expect the man to back up the truck, get on the boat, dislodge the boat from the trailer, drive boat to the dock and secure, then run their fat ass to the truck to park. And the same getting out. My wife has definitely hit the garage parking her Sequoia before but she learned and I'd trust her to work out the kinks with a boat too.

Warmsy

WKR

Look busy!

Titan_Bow

WKR
145657856ab1f20ff065dfaea75ac5ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearsears

WKR
Good on you for staying cool and not escalating things. You never know what might trigger these nutjobs. It can seem difficult to hold our manly ego in check but losers like this are not worth the vast array of possible negative consequences that arise from further interactions.

As the world shrinks so does the level of intellect and common sense people have and use.
Thanks philos. Yeah these days its not worth it and I could careless what anyone thinks about me. Id rather be the quiet calm killer than the loud ego filled jerk off. My kids and wife need me to come home everyday safe and healthy more than I need to satisfy any ego. How does that saying go? "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." That pretty much sums up surviving in the US in 2024 unfortunately.
OMG, I am a noob to the boating world, but boat ramp shenanigans are a thing. People are so selfish and unaware how they are impacting people. There needs to be a sign at the staging area, where everyone is waiting to back in their trailer, reminding people to 1) have your shit ready to go, 2) have everything you want in the boat already in the boat, 3) trust anyone older than age 7 to, upon the captain's signal, drive the truck and trailer up the ramp to a waiting area for parking.

To that end, are women just completely worthless these days? Apparently they expect the man to back up the truck, get on the boat, dislodge the boat from the trailer, drive boat to the dock and secure, then run their fat ass to the truck to park. And the same getting out. My wife has definitely hit the garage parking her Sequoia before but she learned and I'd trust her to work out the kinks with a boat too.
Dos Perros exactly. If I had a dollar for everytime Ive seen all the things you referenced before lol. The difference though is it used to be that if you kindly let someone know what they were doing wrong, they would apologize and learn from it. Now they dont care and apparently even want to fight about you pointing it out.

As far as the wives go, agreed. I halfway blame their beta male husbands that allow the princess behavior though. When my wife and I discussed getting a boat, I told her you either back up the truck or drive the boat. She chose driving the boat. It took awhile for her to learn but honestly now in poor weather I trust her loading way more than me because she has so much experience. Strong men make good wives and strong women support strong men.