Couple of weird things I witnessed last week. Summertime crazies?

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Human behavior is getting stranger by the day. Perhaps the summer heat is impacting brain function.

While driving to work I noticed a car driving straight toward a building -just about to crash into the side of the building.
I laid on the horn hoping to alert them to avoid the crash. I thought maybe they were asleep. Well they did avoid the crash but then proceeded to blow the horn at me and give me the middle finger. I assume they were not happy I interrupted their nap!

2nd thing was more funny/odd. I noticed a Bentley driving through a Taco Bell drive thru. You don’t see that every day.

Tell us of a couple of things you saw recently that were not normal. Although normal is apparently not normal anymore. :)

Weldor

WKR
I don't know if it applies, but we drove by 4 different motorhomes fully engulfed last week on the mountain hwy. I've seen 1 before but not 4 on the same road.

Last edited:
OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know if it applies, but we drove by 4 different motorhomes fully engulfed last on the mountain hwy. I've seen 1 before but not 4 on the same road.

Yeah, I would say that definitely qualifies as odd

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
My street filled with cop cars about a week ago. Not normal whee I live. My neighbor shot someone in a road rage incident.

I will be sure to be on my best driving behavior the next time I’m in Utah.

Weldor

WKR
With the amount of folks that have no business pulling a trailer or driving a motorhome, I'm surprised you don't hear about that more often.
Yes Sir, the wife has a new hobby. Counting scorch marks on the side of the hwy.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Oh the yarns I could spin… haha not sure heat is impacting people’s brains. Although I do typically see an up tick in violence during the summer, three shot yesterday on east colfax, but that’s par for the course there. Lots of horrible driving, 6 rollover accidents a few shifts ago, just in my 2x2 mile radius, dry day no rain… lots of distracted driving and lots of drugs, and just lots of people in too much of a hurry I guess?

CorbLand

WKR
My street filled with cop cars about a week ago. Not normal whee I live. My neighbor shot someone in a road rage incident.
Wonder if this is why I keep getting ads from Utah about road rage. Seems like a couple days ago they pop up quite a bit when I am listening to Pandora.

SonnyDay

WKR
We have a whole flock of weird ass birds in CO this summer that have never been here before. They are loud at evening time and into my daughter’s bedtime… which is no bueno. Unfortunately they are also pretty skittish so I’ve had no luck with the blow gun (I’m in the ‘burbs).

Other than that… just “new normal” stuff like folks running red lights full seconds after it’s turned red.

Reactions: OMF
Took my boy to Wyoming for some fishing. Decided to take him to a hot spring, figured "hey, it's Wyoming, it'll be fine." Then, two females showed up, both had their breasts surgically removed, significant scarring, which I could see because they weren't wearing shirts or tops. I think that's the first time I've ever seen anything like that. Just a sign of the times I guess.

Weldor

WKR
I dont know what it is. A few days later there was another one in St George where a gun was pulled. Crazy times.
Agreed, Seems like people are prone to violence over crazy things like fast food ,fried chicken, coffee just a few examples. Oh I forgot the drive thru.

Human behavior is getting stranger by the day. Perhaps the summer heat is impacting brain function.

While driving to work I noticed a car driving straight toward a building -just about to crash into the side of the building.
I laid on the horn hoping to alert them to avoid the crash. I thought maybe they were asleep. Well they did avoid the crash but then proceeded to blow the horn at me and give me the middle finger. I assume they were not happy I interrupted their nap!

2nd thing was more funny/odd. I noticed a Bentley driving through a Taco Bell drive thru. You don’t see that every day.

Tell us of a couple of things you saw recently that were not normal. Although normal is apparently not normal anymore. :)
brother-in-law getting married for the 3rd time in 9 years. how can the middle finger beat this!

Agreed, Seems like people are prone to violence over crazy things like fast food ,fried chicken, coffee just a few examples. Oh I forgot the drive thru.

This weekend a cyclist was not appreciative of my suggestion his group ride single file on a city street instead of taking up the full lane and impeding traffic. He'd have fought me if he could.

03mossy

WKR
Last night we n the way home from my daughter’s softball tourney on a 4 lane highway. I had the cruise set at 75. An older Chevy truck flys by doing probably 90. Seconds later an older Taurus flys by well over a 100. The Chevys in the left lane and a normal driver in the right lane ahead of me. That Taurus did not give a shit and split right between them forcing the Chevy into the ditch. No idea how that Chevy didn’t roll but he saved it and proceeded to chase that Taurus well out of sight. I drive over 100 miles a day and drivers are getting worse!

And the constant running of red lights is out of control.