Could OTC in Colorado get busier?

ToolMann

WKR
I hunt areas in every part of that unit when I or someone I'm helping gets a tag there. I have no qualms driving 40-50 miles from base camp to hunt.

I also just saw something a little disturbing yesterday when I completed a CPW survey from a tag last year. One question they asked was "Which option would you prefer.......(1) being able to hunt this unit more often but have less opportunity at big bulls, or (2) more opportunity at big bulls, but not being able to hunt this unit as often". That can only mean one thing.......they're looking at possibly increasing tag numbers in some of these draw units. (n)
I read this more as cutting tags, but you never know.

ToolMann

WKR
I didn't.......option 2 is already the norm, so even bringing up option 1 would mean that this would be a NEW management option for this unit.
I guess it depends on perspective. Option 1 is already the norm when you're talking about all of the OTC tags. The questions were the same regardless of unit I believe, but maybe that isn't the case. We hunted muzzleloader for elk in a unit that was easy to draw for bull, and leftover for cow. If I remember correctly I had those same questions for my deer unit, just worded slightly different for the species.