Convince me Crispi makes a top quality boot ...

S.Clancy

WKR
From my experience with boots, I am going to stick with Scarpa. They have been bombproof for me. Every other company (besides the original Cabelas Meindl) fall apart too fast, rands fail within a yr, etc. Even the lightweight Scarpa have been bomber for me.

Have 2 pair of crispi
Summit gtx- 500 miles 4 years no issues
Briksdal gtx- bought this year 100 miles so far
Both no break in period, solid CS that offers insights for boot applications.
Both are Gore tex, no issues with material or rand delaminating
I prefer a 3-4 flex and both have performed for me.

ozyclint

WKR
Once you find something that works buy multiples.

But the tone of the OP was wanting to just try something new.

I didn't see any meantion of having problems and needing to switch.

All im saying is don't switch if you already have something that works and is available
I get what your saying.
I should have bought multiples 7 years ago when I bought my Lowa Tibet Hi. No longer available.

WyoKimber

FNG
Take a look at meindl. I'm on my second pair in 10+ years and have never had a blister or any durability issues. I got my last pair too close to the stove and they melted or else I'd still be running them.

I've ran schness, zamberland & crispi mountain boots. Currently I'm running zamberlands(980 outfitter) and crispi's (guide gtx). I like both boots and can't really say for sure that one is better than the other. the fit on the crispi is probably a little better for me but I run them both and would happily buy either again.

Both have seen many miles with elk filled packs and never disappointed me.

I’ve been using mostly Crispi boots about 5 years and probably have had 6-8 different pairs. They have all been comfortable out of the box durability has been pretty good typically the tread on the sole is the first thing to wear out for me. I had a pair leak and Crispi passed it off on gortex. But gortex tom good care of me. But last year l had an issue with a brand new pair of Lapponia ll’s. sent them some emails back and forth and paid 30$ to have the boots sent to them with a very detailed letter of the issue inside the box. With no notice less than 2 weeks later they sent the boots back and said they didn’t find any issues with them. Shitty customer service I’ll never buy another pair.

carter33

WKR
Had one pair of the Crispi Guide GTX insulated, the rubber rand peeled back over the toe and on the side after my first long trip. Had used them a bit but not much previously. I should have tried to warranty them but I had already had them for a year as I mostly used them in the winter and then the long trip for moose. That was enough to turn me off the brand. I have had lowas and scarpas also and both were great. Maybe it was just a fluke with the crispis but kinda pricey to get stuck with a fluke, again I didn’t try to contact sutomer service so just wrote the brand off so take it for what it is I guess.

I still use them in really cold temps when I may have to hike a bit but won’t buy another pair.

jenkinsd

FNG
I just bought a pair of Wyoming 11 GTX non insulated. So far so good (still in break in period). Pro's wide toe box no pinching of toes and no sock wading, stable and padded ankle support, nice rocker motion, wrap all around, the lacing eye in the ankle area is set down more towards the point of the ankle no nerve pinch, tongue opens up for good foot and sock insert and a good flex rating of 3. I bought these for the breathing ability with the warmer weather coming. As far as the customer service I dealt with Boone. Had several conversations and found him to be very knowledgeable. Also I found Crispi Website and video's to be informative. I researched as much as I could and so far I'm well satisfied.

Since you mentioned zamberlan, I’ll plug for them. Got two seasons on a pair of lynx with no complaints. Sounds like you have a different use case than I do, but durability seems fine so far. Probably 200 miles on them.

Stalker69

WKR
I'm in the market for a new pair of general use backcountry boots and have narrowed it down to the Zamberlan Tofane and Crispi Briksdal (non-insulated).

I go through boots quickly due to tonnes of off trail travel through swamps, rocks, logs, mud, snow, etc. I don't skimp on boots and have owned top tier models from Zamberlan, Asolo, Arc'teryx, Technica, etc. None last more than 2-3 seasons before being pretty much destroyed.

I know what am I getting for my $600 CDN with the Zamberlans. I don't with Crispi (same cost), having never owned a pair nor heard anything about them outside of the hunting space. I'm always leery of that. The Zamberlans (like La Sportiva, Scarpa, etc.) are well known in every sphere of backcountry use - hunting, backpacking, climbing/mountaineering.

Is Crispi a well marketed hunting space brand (the Vortex of boots as one person described it) or can they really mix it with the Zamberlans, Asolos, La Sportiva of the boot world?

As an aside, both boots fit me well and have pretty similar features I am looking for. It's really down to durability/quality at this point.

Thanks in advance for your feedback/opinion.
2-3 years, he'll I am lucky if I get 1 year. So many times I have boot failure in 5-6 months. I have tried alot of high end boots, not a one stands out. I have a pair of crispis now, but it's only been a month. I don't expect any miracles. I may get two years out of a pair if I have 2 or three others I am switching between.

kong

Lil-Rokslider
That Lapponia is super soft, but I doubt it lasts very long in the Hawaiian lava rock. Very VERY soft sole, it'll probably wear super fast.

Have you looked at the Altitude? Lightweight like the Lapponia but a way better outsole!
Thanks for the heads up. I haven’t looked at the altitudes was more looking at the Wyomings since they seem to be made for big wide luau feet. I wonder if softer than the Keen’s. Ever try Meindl Comfort Hikers?

nobody

WKR
Thanks for the heads up. I haven’t looked at the altitudes was more looking at the Wyomings since they seem to be made for big wide luau feet. I wonder if softer than the Keen’s. Ever try Meindl Comfort Hikers?
Never tried the Meindl’s, but I had a pair of Idahos (just the 10” version of the Wyoming). The Idaho and Wyoming are their two widest boots. Definitely stiffer and more supportive than the Keen’s, but in every best way possible. I’d definitely add the Wyoming to your list.

grfox92

WKR
I still haven't wrapped my head around the craze of Crispis. I've had 3 pairs, Lapponia, Wyoming, Nevadas. They all had major downfalls for me.

Lapponias tore up my heels well after a good break in.

The lacing eyelets on the Wyomings would flex when your foot flexed when taking a step and dig into the top of my foot causing a small bruise the size of the eyelet.

The Nevadas were way to soft for a mountain boot and also flexed way to much at the top of the foot when walking.

Crispi also uses a mesh insole that acted like a cheese grater to your feet. Terrible.

All of those things listed may be oersonal to my feet snd be ok woth someone else.

However none of these boots felt "wow" when I slipped them on. The foot bet and overall feeling of the boot was underwhelming.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Can’t speak to their quality, they just spend the most on marketing to the US hunting demographic of all the European boot makers.

Freborg

FNG
I'm in the market for a new pair of general use backcountry boots and have narrowed it down to the Zamberlan Tofane and Crispi Briksdal (non-insulated).

I go through boots quickly due to tonnes of off trail travel through swamps, rocks, logs, mud, snow, etc. I don't skimp on boots and have owned top tier models from Zamberlan, Asolo, Arc'teryx, Technica, etc. None last more than 2-3 seasons before being pretty much destroyed.

I know what am I getting for my $600 CDN with the Zamberlans. I don't with Crispi (same cost), having never owned a pair nor heard anything about them outside of the hunting space. I'm always leery of that. The Zamberlans (like La Sportiva, Scarpa, etc.) are well known in every sphere of backcountry use - hunting, backpacking, climbing/mountaineering.

Is Crispi a well marketed hunting space brand (the Vortex of boots as one person described it) or can they really mix it with the Zamberlans, Asolos, La Sportiva of the boot world?

As an aside, both boots fit me well and have pretty similar features I am looking for. It's really down to durability/quality at this point.

Thanks in advance for your feedback/opinion.
I have over 500 miles (mix of trail and bushwhacking) on my Crispi Wyomings and am happy with the durability for the $. The rand and lugs show some wear and that is about it, beyond that they just look broken in. Gore Tex is still good but I use their treatment to keep water out too. They would be about $387 CDN based on what I paid in USD when I got them, so well below the price you mentioned. I can't speak to the Briksdal but the boot I have has been good. If the boots you use fit good I wouldn't change a thing.

AKAshton

FNG
I feel that each boot fits feet differently. I’ve worn Kenetrek, Schnee, and Crispi guiding up in Alaska. So far the Crispi Guide has been my do it all boot from sheep to moose to spring bear. With the super feet insoles it’s just more comfortable than the Kenetrek and the Schnee was a bit too narrow for my hobbit feet.

Thors are my go to for lighter hikes and hunts. Idaho has been good to me. If I ever kill my kenetreks, I will replace them with a set of their colder boots.

I have hiked for +30 years in vasque, zamberlain, danner, Merrell, Asolo and others. My crispis have held up as well or better than any of those.