Convince me Crispi makes a top quality boot ...

nobody

WKR
I picked up my 4th (or 5th, depending on how you look at exchanges) pair last Saturday. I've loved my Crispi's and they've been all I wear since I got my first pair in 2017. I have extremely flat feet and basically no arch, and I have plantar fasciitis. I have a very narrow heel but a slightly wider than average forefoot.

• First pair was a Thor in Summer 2017. I just threw them away last Monday. The Gore bootie had a hole worn in it (developed mid last season) on the outside of the ball of my foot from side hilling a ton over the years. Leaked like a sieve, but that was a Gore failure, not a Crispi failure. The outsole was worn slick, but considering they've been on almost EVERY hunt from 2017 through 2022, that's pretty good wear. Midsole wasn't broke down and they didn't hurt or feel dished out or anything. They sold me on Crispi as a brand. If the Gore bootie wasn't leaking, I would've happily paid the $100 to resole them and kept on trucking.
  • Second pair was an Idaho II. They were great, but after using them for one season (2021) and storing them through winter, when I pulled them out for the first time in Spring last year, they had shrunk a half size-ish. Sold them on here for a small loss. It was odd.
  • Third pair was a pair of West River II's (Scheels Exclusive, essentially a 400 Gram Insulated Guide) last fall for Colorado 3rd season. They fit like they were made specifically to fit my foot. Unfortunately, even with the bitter cold 3rd season last year, my feet got super sweated up and I discovered I just can't do an insulated boot ever. Sold them to a coworker for what I paid for them. Other than that, they were an extremely well made boot that fit extremely well.
  • Fourth pair was a Lapponia II. They came in last Monday and I wore them for a couple days, discovered they just didn't fit my feet AT ALL. Way too much room in the toe box. Returned them to Scheels on Friday.
  • Fifth pair I have on right now, the Valdres Pro that I picked up in exchange for the Lapponia's I returned over the weekend. These are the most comfortable pair of boots I've ever put on my foot. Similar construction to the Nevada, just made on a different last (foot mold/model).

One huge advantage to Crispi is the fact that they make multiple boots on multiple different lasts (foot molds), so chances are they have something to fit everybody. Not everything they make fits everyone, but everybody can find something in their lineup that'll fit them. I'm a prime example of that fact. I can't wear Guides or Nevada's or Lapponia's (too wide in the forefoot), but Thors and Valdres are just right. Same bootmaker, same quality of build, and same materials in many cases. But the last (mold) they use to build the boot varies by model, so not every boot they make will fit everyone the same.

Anybody who makes blanket statements such as "Crispi's just don't fit my foot" haven't tried on the right model, because I've never talked to anybody who has actually taken the time to go to a place like Scheels that has a huge assortment of Crispi models that couldn't find one that'll work for them.

They'll resole every boot in their lineup for about $100 as well, further extending the life of expensive boots.

Crispi makes a decent boot if you have plenty of shoe glue and don’t mind delamination! Had a pair that completely (almost comically) disassembled itself after a day of sitting in my truck on a summer day. Tried a few models and they are right up there with kenetrek in the delam-department—comfy right out the box though! I’ve had much better luck with Zamberlan and Asolo.

nrh6.7

WKR
I have a pair of the Tofane's and they are typical Zamberlan build quality, which is to say outstanding. Never had these in the mountains, but wear them a lot around town and hiking and they are very comfortable and guess would take a ton of abuse.

Alpineelk

Lil-Rokslider
Well I have my first pair of zamberlans just over a year. I love them except they honestly don't seem as durable as they should for the price u pay. The rubber toe kick is already peeling off and they aren't totally waterproof anymore. And I don't wear them every day they are a seasonal boot for me

prm

WKR
I absolutely do not believe they are the Vortex of boots. I don’t have massive miles on any one pair, but they seem to wear quite well. No observed quality difference my Hanwags or Selewas, and certainly better than my Lowas, Salomons or Danners. The Crispi Guides I had were functionally perfect after a couple elk hunts and countless trips to treestands, local hikes and work around the house.
To the point brought up earlier, fit is really important. Crispi offers a variety of boots with different shapes and styles. Like any boot, you have to find what works for you. Once you find a Crispi that fits you, I do not think you’d be disappointed in the performance.
I picked up some Crispi Kenais this winter. To say I am happy with them so far is an understatement. Perhaps 50 miles hiking on them so far and many days working in t he woods or at the barn. Need a lot more miles before commenting on durability.

Kolt45

FNG
If your hard on your boots like I am the crispi is a good choice for the price. Have had more experience boots they all wear down imo

sacklunch

WKR
I got 3+ years out of a pair of Briksdal, I actually re-soled them they fit so well.

I have the crossover and it's garbage, but I didn't expect much, just a simple 'around town' boot...for that I'd get the attiva.

Sammymusi

WKR
I can’t say much about any of the other models but I have had the crispi summit gtx for the past 5 years and they are still going strong , over 100 miles in Montana on them , over 100 miles in Wyoming this year , and I would guess 350 miles total on them and they are still the go to boot for me, in fact I just bought another pair just as a back up !!

I have Kenetreks and Crispi Guides.
Guides are more comfortable out of the box and don't require the break in that Kenetreks do.
Kenetreks seem more robust in comparison.
I have issues with my 1st MTP joint (arthritic changes) and Guides have a more prominent toe rocker which does not work well for my foot (keeps my big toe in a slight toe up position (extension).
My son now uses the Crispi Guides and loves them.

OP
B
Decided to try the Crispis and see how they hold up. Many seem to love them, some don't - time will tell I guess. I like the look of the Briksdal non-insulated with the height of the boot, full rand, etc. And they do fit my foot well.

If they don't live up to my expectations, the Zamberlan Tofanes will still be there.

Thanks for the discussion/opinions.

Zdub02

WKR
I tried zamberlans and loved the boot but the boot did not love my foot. Tried a few different brands and stopped wtih the crispi summits. They felt so much better on my feet but only have one season in them so can't speak to durability yet. OP - hopefully you enjoy your Crispis and it turns out to be a good purchase.

I really like Crispi but they are not the longest lasting boot out there. I barely make it through 2 seasons before they are trashed. My brother, friends, and I have had multiple pairs, they are very comfortable but lack in durability. Hanwag Alaska GTX is a much tougher boot and is my favorite all time boot.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Was a Salomon guy, (still kind of am) but went looking for a boot that could last longer than 4/5 months. Settled on the zamberlan lynx, full leather, they definitely require a bit of a break in unlike the Salomon’s that I’ve owned but so far super happy with them. I’ll know more once they get a full year of hunting with them on, but right away they seem super well made and durable

manitou1

WKR
Leather and rand will scratch, peel and wear out quickly. Their customer service is absolute shit.

I don’t have first hand experience with Zamberlan, so can’t comment. But I’ll never stray from Scarpas again.
Yeah, I got my first pair of Scarpas last year. Those things are built. They have that ankle grip/support down pat. Great boot.

kong

Lil-Rokslider
Kind of funny how Crispi's get good and bad reviews and Zamberlan get good and bad reviews. Just ordered some Crispi Lapponia II's to try out. Previously I would by Keen Targhee's before every hunt since they are toast after a month in the mountains. Not certain if the lava tears em up too much. I just figure boots may just be a wear item that may need to be replaced from time to time I just hope they last more than a year. Was also looking at Zamberlan's but I remember fit wise they weren't the most comfortable (for me) but they sure were damn durable for urban wear. Also, looking at Meindl's which I still may order a pair to compare with the Lapponia's and return the one that doesn't fit the best.

nobody

WKR
Kind of funny how Crispi's get good and bad reviews and Zamberlan get good and bad reviews. Just ordered some Crispi Lapponia II's to try out. Previously I would by Keen Targhee's before every hunt since they are toast after a month in the mountains. Not certain if the lava tears em up too much. I just figure boots may just be a wear item that may need to be replaced from time to time I just hope they last more than a year. Was also looking at Zamberlan's but I remember fit wise they weren't the most comfortable (for me) but they sure were damn durable for urban wear. Also, looking at Meindl's which I still may order a pair to compare with the Lapponia's and return the one that doesn't fit the best.
That Lapponia is super soft, but I doubt it lasts very long in the Hawaiian lava rock. Very VERY soft sole, it'll probably wear super fast.

Have you looked at the Altitude? Lightweight like the Lapponia but a way better outsole!

Maybe I bought my Crispi's before they were a marketing juggernaut. I never thought of them being the Vortex of boots. My Nevada's have been excellent, I'm not sure what else I'd want for a boot. I tested about 6 similarly priced pairs before I settled. It was all about fit then, but the Nevada's have held up great.

Brent

Lil-Rokslider
The bulk of my experience with boot longevity is with Lowa. I've worn the living crap out of a set of Tibets from the mountain tops in AK sheep country to the jagged rocks of Southern New Mexico. They look like they were stuffed into a bag of angry bobcats, but the sole is still together and they are still wearable.

I also have a pair of insulated Lowa Bighorns that are as comfortable as any mountain boot I've worn. I've used them mostly for wet hunts on Kodiak for deer and interior AK for moose. They are wearing well and they are leak free, but I haven't abused them nearly as hard as the Tibets. I will use these for my goat hunt on Kodiak this September.

I bought my first pair of Crispi Altitudes last year for scouting and hunting mule deer in Utah and New Mexico. The first year was a success with them. Nothing weird fit wise and they never leaked.

ozyclint

WKR
2-3 years is not what I consider going thru boots quickly. How long do you want them to last?

If you have boots you know work for you, imo you should buy more of that. Don't take chances out of curiosity.
You do know that anything you come to like becomes obsolete, discontinued or otherwise not of this earth right?

Guaranteed when it comes time to replace your favourite thing .

You do know that anything you come to like becomes obsolete, discontinued or otherwise not of this earth right?

Guaranteed when it comes time to replace your favourite thing .
Once you find something that works buy multiples.

But the tone of the OP was wanting to just try something new.

I didn't see any meantion of having problems and needing to switch.

All im saying is don't switch if you already have something that works and is available