Company trucks/ logo'd trucks

Dunndm

WKR
Personally, I have 3 trucks on my companies. I let everyone drive all over the place as long as they 1. Keep it clean, 2. Pay for gas. 3. Pay for any major repairs if they drive it like your saying.
I cover company miles, insurance and monthly payment. So I think it’s a fair trade off between me and my employees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L
Personally, I have 3 trucks on my companies. I let everyone drive all over the place as long as they 1. Keep it clean, 2. Pay for gas. 3. Pay for any major repairs if they drive it like your saying.
I cover company miles, insurance and monthly payment. So I think it’s a fair trade off between me and my employees.

truck stays clean (if they didnt way for car washes i would). the truck has more gas in it on monday than it did friday when i left the office, if it doesnt its because i used other truck or didnt go anywhere. we dont keep anything that exceeds the warranty program they have setup with the fleet truck program thing. Let me also add that its used to basically get there, have a truck to drive around in the woods and backroads there. any big trip where id be driving along ways on BLM or some other public and camping id be using my truck.

Dunndm

WKR
truck stays clean (if they didnt way for car washes i would). the truck has more gas in it on monday than it did friday when i left the office, if it doesnt its because i used other truck or didnt go anywhere. we dont keep anything that exceeds the warranty program they have setup with the fleet truck program thing. Let me also add that its used to basically get there, have a truck to drive around in the woods and backroads there. any big trip where id be driving along ways on BLM or some other public and camping id be using my truck.

If I were in your bosses situation I could careless then. It’s “free” advertising and your paying for the gas. It’s really to an extent money in there pockets. I think the gov is giving .65 a mile right now. So while your driving with your payed for gas your boss writes it off. So it’s a win win

OP
L
ill probably still drive my truck a couple times here and there. but they like being seen and really like showing off clean trucks. since we are in the hippy capital of the south Asheville, we even have a few ford lightnings ordered for the appearance of being green. first one showed up today.

I joked about wanting a camper shell ( they all have bed covers now) and boss said when they order me a new truck to pick out which one i wanted.

Given the new surge on IRS agents - is that use taxable?

Any company vehicle that is used for transportation to and from home is supposed to be a taxed benefit.

Using a company vehicle as a personal is definitely supposed to be reported as income.

I suspect it's less than .01% of company vehicle use by employees is properly reported.

Any company vehicle that is used for transportation to and from home is supposed to be a taxed benefit.

Using a company vehicle as a personal is definitely supposed to be reported as income.

I suspect it's less than .01% of company vehicle use by employees is properly reported.

When you get to Alabama tell 2-3 people you meet about your company and hand them a card ;). You had a work meeting, good to go from the IRSS…

I own a small business and have a couple company trucks that aren’t considered perks of the job/benefits (Meaning they aren’t 2021 F-250’s). My concern is less about expenses and maintenance and more about liability and insurance premiums going up.

One of my guys hits somebody on the way home, or even going a few miles out of the way to stop by the grocery store, not the end of the world.

If they get into an accident 3 states over at 4 am because they were dog tired trying to make it back from a trip that was in no way work related, I’m going to be annoyed about the insurance premiums going up, even if they weren’t trying to “sneak around.”

CJohnson

WKR
It’s not your problem, but I’d be curious what your company’s insurance policy looked like. At the last company I worked I had a company truck that i could use as my personal vehicle. but, they had the "execs" trucks on a separate insurance policy from the other work trucks. we also had to fill out a form at the end of the year stating how much mileage was used for non-business stuff, and then that was deducted from my last paycheck of the year.

SWOHTR

WKR
This is interesting and, in my opinion, telling of the character of some people. Maybe I’m old fashioned or unreasonable, I don’t know. I would simply ask before you do something that seems wrong. “Free your conscious” as someone said.

2ski

WKR
Given the new surge on IRS agents - is that use taxable?
I show on my paystub the benefit of my personal miles on the vehicle. As someone said, to and from work is personal miles.

I drive mine around town mainly. My boss's words to me were, if I needed to tow something out of town I could use it but I couldn't just take it out if town every weekend.

OP
L
It’s not your problem, but I’d be curious what your company’s insurance policy looked like. At the last company I worked I had a company truck that i could use as my personal vehicle. but, they had the "execs" trucks on a separate insurance policy from the other work trucks. we also had to fill out a form at the end of the year stating how much mileage was used for non-business stuff, and then that was deducted from my last paycheck of the year.
Out of the 50 or so guys that have trucks 3-4 still own a personal truck. It was told from the very beginning that the truck was an added bonus as a thank you to all the employees to use as they please. They also haven't Said anything about needing to keep track of miles which I will ask just to know. They also pay for phone or provide cell phone. I opted for them to just pay for part of my bill so I never worry about how much data I use.

OP
L
This is interesting and, in my opinion, telling of the character of some people. Maybe I’m old fashioned or unreasonable, I don’t know. I would simply ask before you do something that seems wrong. “Free your conscious” as someone said.
I think part of it from me is coming from a company where I felt like if I needed to go take a break I'd get punished to a company now that has alot of perks including the truck and "as long as the work is getting done they don't care what or where I'm doing it from" their words.

also being newish within the company I don't wanna get someone upset about me driving the truck when I still have another to drive

bigeyedfish

Lil-Rokslider
I think part of it from me is coming from a company where I felt like if I needed to go take a break I'd get punished to a company now that has alot of perks including the truck and "as long as the work is getting done they don't care what or where I'm doing it from" their words.

also being newish within the company I don't wanna get someone upset about me driving the truck when I still have another to drive
I'm still trying to let my brain make this switch. Old company sucked, and the new one is awesome. I don't have a company truck, but I get paid monthly for the use of my truck and gas is covered unless I'm on a personal trip out of town. I know damn well my fuel bills are lower than most of the guys I work with, but I'm still trying to get over the hesitation of enjoying the perks of the job.