Colorado wolves released today

Bl704

WKR
I was trying to keep track...

I believe 4 of the 5 headed NE and were last spotted near Hayden ('western Routt, not quite in Moffat') at EOY.

A single, photographed 1/2 still near Radium...I suspect it was ditched by the other 4 (above) and was the one of the group of 5.

2 of the organic (M2101 and F1084) spotted around 1/11 in Jackson Co. Headed S-SE

Track found NE of Williams fork on 1/3. Headed E-NE

Myshootinstinks

FNG
Classified Approved
I read somewhere that they did not release them within 50 miles of the Wyoming border. They must know that wolves wander and some will get into southern Wyoming where they will be considered predators and will be killed.

Last edited:

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
I was trying to keep track...

I believe 4 of the 5 headed NE and were last spotted near Hayden ('western Routt, not quite in Moffat') at EOY.

A single, photographed 1/2 still near Radium...I suspect it was ditched by the other 4 (above) and was the one of the group of 5.

2 of the organic (M2101 and F1084) spotted around 1/11 in Jackson Co. Headed S-SE

Track found NE of Williams fork on 1/3. Headed E-NE
The Williams Fork track is most likely a WY wolf. CPW confirmed it last year in Parshall. We also have seen wolves at work just a few miles south of Williams Fork for at least a couple years now, nothing new

Last edited:
The Williams Fork track is most likely a WY wolf. CPW confirmed it last year in Hot Sulphur. We also have seen wolves at work just a few miles south of Williams Fork.
The Williams fork stuff is from the release in heeny I believe. They crossed over Williams peak into the Williams fork area very soon after being released.

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
First hand account of seeing an uncollared wolf in 2021 prior to the release in the East Troublesome Burn area. It was grey and was also videoed by a youtuber in the same area. I reported to CPW and provided coordinates, no follow up.

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
The Williams fork stuff is from the release in heeny I believe. They crossed over Williams peak into the Williams fork area very soon after being released.
Could be (I hope not...), but we have been seeing wolf sign for a couple years in the area. CPW confirmed...last year... that a WY wolf was wandering around after reports by a rancher and hunters.

I live 2 miles from Heeney if you want some credibility to my statement.

Could be (I hope not...), but we have been seeing wolf sign for a couple years in the area. CPW confirmed...last year... that a WY wolf was wandering around after reports by a rancher and hunters.

I live 2 miles from Heeney if you want some credibility to my statement.
It’s pretty tough to say because everyone thinks they see a wolf around every corner now. However I’ve heard that from people who spend a bunch of time in the area and I trust very much. I haven’t heard of any sightings near Heeney either so it makes sense they went over the hill

Maverick1

WKR
@cnelk Flip the script. Hunters should get organized. Use those we complain about to be our advocates. Collect funds. Get a plan together. Hire a bunch of already convicted poachers / lawbreakers that have (or have not) previously been convicted or lost their hunting privileges. Let them have it out with the wolves. Make some YouTube videos of the events and put it up on the tube. Profit from it to pay for defense fund. Nothing to lose. Eliminate problem. Raise funds on social media. Use social media to raise awareness of the issue. Convicted poachers aren’t going to lose their reputation. And they have no problem doing things they legally shouldn’t. One way to turn the tide for individuals that have previously been called out in this site. Bowmar. Muley Freak. The one responsible for the JLHois BOAL fiasco. Proven they will do anything for clicks and views…..turn zeros into heros…..