Colorado OTC NON RESIDENT

Well, my thought on it is like everything else in life: you get out what you put in. Luck doesn't hurt either, though. I've procrastinated hard, but when I have some time, I'll write up my hunt recap with pics. May have some time later this week.

Bow-hnt

FNG
I have a friend that lives and hunts Colorado, this is what Mark tells me about elk in Colorado.
"Elk are everywhere in Colorado, just not where you are!"
ugh...

New2elk

FNG
Planning my first OTC elk hunt in Colorado for archery season in September. Oh the laundry list of new gear to buy!

Planning my first OTC elk hunt in Colorado for archery season in September. Oh the laundry list of new gear to buy!

Buy once cry once. I advise buying quality stuff from the onset. Or you'll likely be buying twice and singing the blues when you're buying for the second or 3rd time :)

That said, I sometimes wonder if an elk tag is nothing more than an excuse for some guys to justify buying a ton of expensive gear (myself included). What makes me wonder this is when I see the locals show up in blue jeans, red wings and 30 year old frame packs, toting a 25 year old Savage '06 and they are hauling one out the next day.

We buy lots of stuff because we want to, not because we need to.