Idaho Disabled Veteran Non Resident Questions

I have a good friend that finally sent in his paperwork for being a Disabled Vet in Idaho. He’s a non resident. I can call F&G for him but does anybody know if he still has to try and get a tag Dec 1 like all the other non residents? Or can he buy later on like a resident? I’m assuming Dec 1 since he’s technically a non resident.

Also are draw tags reduced if he draws or just the OTC type tags?

Lastly- is he in the non resident pool for drawing tags? I’m assuming he is but figured I'd ask as well.

If nobody knows I can call but I figured I can get most or all of the answers on here pretty easily. PM’s are fine too.

Thanks!

ZRob97

Lil-Rokslider
Usually the otc "draw" there is an amount allotted and I miss them before my number comes up for elk or deer, otc bear tags can still be had for resident prices for non res veterans

If I am not mistaken, he will only get resident prices and still has to follow the NR rules that Idaho puts out, but I would probably call the ID F&G to get specific information. I do know that they require proof of disability when you purchase a tag, I bought a spring bear tag last year and had to show proof. He can print it off the VA website. I believe it’s 50% or more disabled to get the resident rate as a non resident.

Fullfan

WKR
Only special consideration he will receive, is a price reduction of the tags. Guy I was in Iraq w is disabled; he was with me last year waiting in line to get tags. Only 3 nonresident tags issued per zone at the reduced price, after they are gone if there are any tags for the unit desired unit. He can buy one at the resident tag price. He has to be at least 40% and it needs to be service connected.

I was shocked at the number of guys that were waiting in line just for disabled tags. I would say out of the 70 ppl there 12-16 were after disabled vet tags.

CB4

WKR
The DAV tags sell on Dec 1 as well. They sell out just as fast as any other tag. Better be one of the first 5 in line if you want to get one. It is a great program though and think every state should follow suit.

Some good info above and am happy to say I have utilized the Idaho DAV benefits as a NR for licenses and tags. As the demand for tags exploded, a few years ago Idaho limited the number of DAV tags for deer and elk. Now it is basically the first in line until that limit is met and for the past two years it has been early on Dec 1 for elk. But you can still buy the hunting license as a NR DAV for the resident price which allows you to get in the controlled hunt applications for a little less money. As a Vet, I appreciate at least having the opportunity to hunt in the state. It’s not like we went to War to serve just our state of residence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro