Car buying advice...

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Not all are that expensive but still looking at a minimum of $600. You might want to buy a few spares while you still can 😀
Spares of vehicles without camera's or windshields? I replaced my F-350 windshield last year, it was less than $300 at Safelite, and they did it in my driveway. My old Toyota's are a little more expensive, but the truck is 35 years old.

This is a good discussion because there are other things you really have to look at when buying vehicles these days.........besides the cost to replace windshields. Like, do you have to remove the fender liner just to change a headlight bulb? SMH Lots of irritating and/or expensive things to look for these days before buying.

Anything hybrid and with all the electronics and a module for this and a module for that. Make sure to look into a solid extended warranty factory ones of dealer provided are usually good !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sidenote on the statement about warranties above...if you'd want to get an extended warranty on a Honda....

Honda has a great initial comprehensive warranty that transfers to new owners. You can get an extended warranty that is awesome. If you go through the dealer, they likely screw you on price. Go online and search for hondacare extended warranty. You can purchase it through a few dealers online who give a much better price. Can't remember the name. It's the first few google results. You can purchase that awesome warranty until 36k miles or x years.

I almost did it with mine. I probably should have.

Billinsd

WKR
Sidenote on the statement about warranties above...if you'd want to get an extended warranty on a Honda....

Honda has a great initial comprehensive warranty that transfers to new owners. You can get an extended warranty that is awesome. If you go through the dealer, they likely screw you on price. Go online and search for hondacare extended warranty. You can purchase it through a few dealers online who give a much better price. Can't remember the name. It's the first few google results. You can purchase that awesome warranty until 36k miles or x years.

I almost did it with mine. I probably should have.
Extended warranty for Toyotas and Hondas? Probably a waste of money. I haven’t regretted not buying one yet after buying several.

AZ8

WKR
Just put a deposit on a 2023 Ram 2500 that shows "In Transit". Dealer shows it coming in "within a month".

I'll see how it plays out. Will I have a truck in my garage by Halloween???? Time well tell! lol
Just wanted to update my post. Deposit on 9/22 and truck arrived this evening, so about 12 days in between “In Transit” and on the lot. Will pick it up tomorrow. 😎

Jccobb2

FNG
The fact that you're seeing many 2023 RAV4 Hybrids in transit or in the build phase suggests that the dealerships are preparing for the arrival of the 2023 models. This is common when a new model year is about to launch, and dealers want to have a fresh inventory on hand when they become available. However, I would wait for the October deals since you don't have to wait much longer.