Camper Shell - Windoors or no?

I had an ARE shell with a windoor on the driver's side and a screened slider on the passenger side. After 10ish years the fiberglass strip below the windoor separated from the aluminum base that sits atop the bed rail. I used the damn thing constantly though. Very convenient for fishing poles and such.

Agree w consensus. One side of my shell (bought used) has the fold up panel and the other a fixed window with slide-screen.

Fold up window or panel is so much better for access, not to mention very nice when sleeping in the back and enjoy some views and fresh air.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Fully agree with others. Windows are a must if you’re doing any camping to provide air flow. Windoors are worth the extra money to me, especially with a 6 foot bed because it’s to far to reach from the back end of the bed.

To those who mentioned the sidewalls of the truck bed can be so tall they become limiting, I agree and built myself a platform with drawers to negate this problem in my tundra. It also provides a larger space for sleeping and I have 6-foot drawers for a ton of storage. Love the combo with my camper shell!

Braaap

WKR
Get the windoors. I’ve had two ARE shells with windoors and love them.

Pdxfire1

FNG
My current canopy has Windsor’s. Wouldn’t have it any other way. Well worth the extra expense.